Comments
89,541 - 89,560 of 97,934 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90906 Sep 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Holy. Shit. Kid got decapitated by his own remote controlled helicopter.
http://nypost.com/2013/09/05/man-decapitated-...
When they get that big, they aren't a toy anymore....maybe should'nt be allowed in any park, only way out in open areas....sure looks older than 19 in that photo....Glad, that at 19, i was satisfied spinning.....well.....lol....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90907 Sep 6, 2013
You are over simplifying the problem. Not that the kid is late to class, but they are an active disruption DURING class. Thats when you make them wear the cone of shame, dunce cap, sit in the corner etc.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
"Joey, you know the rules. You have now interrupted the class by you being late and I will see you after class."
The late one gets dealt with, the kids get on with learning and also learn that if they don't follow the rules the teacher follow-up with the stated rules.
What more can you want? Nothing goes 100% as planned and, frankly, that in itself is a learning experience.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90908 Sep 6, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
video that will have cunzel standing on her chair screaming "YES! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT!"
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57600359-...
I saw that!!
Yes, it's true!
I long for the pre-tech days again.....*sigh*
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90909 Sep 6, 2013
RACE wrote:
If the guy is not making the cheese in your taco melt, its time to move along.
<quoted text>
Ick.
Hey, it's hard finding someone with critical non-negotiables. I can give it a few more weeks and see if the sparks fly after the barrier is removed...I'm not seeing another but have open options. ;)
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90910 Sep 6, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
That word is way overused.
Preach! Technically, in our handbook, bullying is defined as REPEATED instances....kids think if you say one mean thing it's bullying and it's not. It's just being rude.

All the anti-bullying campaigns are misguided, IMO. You rid bullies; let's focus on coping skills for the rest of the snowflakes so they can deal better.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90911 Sep 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Holy. Shit. Kid got decapitated by his own remote controlled helicopter.
http://nypost.com/2013/09/05/man-decapitated-...
On dailymail it said he cut himself. His head was not removed from his body.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90912 Sep 6, 2013
RACE wrote:
You are over simplifying the problem. Not that the kid is late to class, but they are an active disruption DURING class. Thats when you make them wear the cone of shame, dunce cap, sit in the corner etc.
<quoted text>
I wish we could carry tasers...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90913 Sep 6, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
On dailymail it said he cut himself. His head was not removed from his body.
It lopped off the top half of his head!

Also, the founder of a local grocery store chain here in the Twin Cities died yesterday when he stepped out onto the floater parts of a pontoon airplane and the propeller chopped him up.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90914 Sep 6, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>When they get that big, they aren't a toy anymore....maybe should'nt be allowed in any park, only way out in open areas....sure looks older than 19 in that photo....Glad, that at 19, i was satisfied spinning.....well.....lol....
Nick read it too, and said the guy was in a certified air park.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#90915 Sep 6, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>When they get that big, they aren't a toy anymore....maybe should'nt be allowed in any park, only way out in open areas....sure looks older than 19 in that photo....Glad, that at 19, i was satisfied spinning.....well.....lol....
I wondered about that too. My dad flies the big model airplanes and they have to a license from the FAA. They are limited to a certain area and only a set number of planes can be up in the air at the same time. The flying club was very strict about this.

But their field is on forest preserve land, which I guess could qualify as a park...

Evanston IL

#90916 Sep 6, 2013
Ah! I see my query has already been answered.

Location hidden

#90917 Sep 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, the founder of a local grocery store chain here in the Twin Cities died yesterday when he stepped out onto the floater parts of a pontoon airplane and the propeller chopped him up.
Remember that beautiful blond model, that did that.....My dad was a commercial pilot, and he used to tell me about guys being accidentally sucked into jet engine intakes....Aircraft Carrier people, know all about that....

Location hidden

#90918 Sep 6, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered about that too. My dad flies the big model airplanes and they have to a license from the FAA. They are limited to a certain area and only a set number of planes can be up in the air at the same time. The flying club was very strict about this.
But their field is on forest preserve land, which I guess could qualify as a park...
Kinda one of those nebulous, new hitech areas, where we really haven't worked out the legal and safety constraints yet....don't you think? What a nightmare to enforce....imagining Swat snipers shooting renegade helicopters from the sky....lol....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90919 Sep 6, 2013
Suishy-

The Trader Joe's on Chicago is open.

I drove by today- lots of balloons.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90920 Sep 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just saying scalping and decapitation are two totally different things. I want the correct verb.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90921 Sep 6, 2013
Home from ballroom dancing!!! SOOO fun!
Without a dude, I was asked to dance by all the oldies, lol!
Uncle and I danced tango and we stepped weird and now I have no toenail on one toe. WHA! It hurt.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#90922 Sep 6, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just saying scalping and decapitation are two totally different things. I want the correct verb.
The dude is dead. The news reports are not saying he bled to detach from being scalped. They are reporting he was decapitated. Decapitation is not limited to slicing through the cervical vertebrae. In this case it sounds like the top of his head was taken off the way some people slice off the top of a soft boiled egg. The Smoking Gun website will probably publish the autopsy report if you really want the medical technical terms

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#90923 Sep 6, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
Home from ballroom dancing!!! SOOO fun!
Without a dude, I was asked to dance by all the oldies, lol!
Uncle and I danced tango and we stepped weird and now I have no toenail on one toe. WHA! It hurt.
Steel toe dancing slippers, clearly. Why didn't we think of this before? We could have all bee rich.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90924 Sep 6, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The dude is dead. The news reports are not saying he bled to detach from being scalped. They are reporting he was decapitated. Decapitation is not limited to slicing through the cervical vertebrae. In this case it sounds like the top of his head was taken off the way some people slice off the top of a soft boiled egg. The Smoking Gun website will probably publish the autopsy report if you really want the medical technical terms
I know he's dead and me questioning MSM oft-sensationalised headlines isn't changing it or negating the tragedy, but decapitation is the head separating from the body. He was scalped, which is horrific.

Evanston IL

#90925 Sep 6, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Suishy-
The Trader Joe's on Chicago is open.customers by today- lots of balloons.
Some fools camped out in front of it so they could be the first customers. I'll let the rabid folks go first and probably check it out sometime next week.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min mahz 49,490
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Emeem 1,100,233
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min wojar 177,388
Video Will The U.S Lead The World Into Nuclear ... 56 min Hell Yes 1
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 2 hr 587uioy 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 68,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 46,316
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info