Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90929 Sep 7, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/TLG914UK4FT12RP9Q#lastPos t
Amy 9-7
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TD87I7HTDR...

Abby 9-7

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90930 Sep 7, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Steel toe dancing slippers, clearly. Why didn't we think of this before? We could have all bee rich.
And fashionable women's clothing with lots of pockets! Someone call the patent office!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90931 Sep 7, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
I'm just saying scalping and decapitation are two totally different things. I want the correct verb.
Well then... getting the top of your head lopped off and "scalping" are two different things, also.

But hey, no need to blow your top over it!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90932 Sep 7, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then... getting the top of your head lopped off and "scalping" are two different things, also.
But hey, no need to blow your top over it!
True. As a wordsmith, I know the emotional power of certain words and I hate the evil MSM and just want an accurate portrayal of this poor man's (hopefully quick) death.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90933 Sep 7, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Decapitation is not limited to slicing through the cervical vertebrae.
Wrong. Decapitation is separating the entire head from the body, not just a portion. It is the equivalent of beheading.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90934 Sep 7, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
I long for the pre-tech days again.....*sigh*
F the pre-tech days. I want MORE tech!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90935 Sep 7, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
True. As a wordsmith, I know the emotional power of certain words and I hate the evil MSM and just want an accurate portrayal of this poor man's (hopefully quick) death.
MSM?

Mobile Spaghetti Monster?
Michigan State Mascot?
Mentally Superior Men?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90936 Sep 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
MSM?
Mobile Spaghetti Monster?
Michigan State Mascot?
Mentally Superior Men?
Was wondering that myself

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90937 Sep 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Decapitation is separating the entire head from the body, not just a portion. It is the equivalent of beheading.
Decapitation-Lite......

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90938 Sep 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
F the pre-tech days. I want MORE tech!
It's bad enough I have to get a new phone every year and a half, I don't want to have to buy a new computer every three.

But I have to admit, my new computer is awesomer, and cheaper!, than the last one from five years ago.

That reminds me, could someone give me six hundred dollars please?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90939 Sep 7, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's bad enough I have to get a new phone every year and a half,
Who says you have to? I've got a phone that came out in 2011 and it does everything I need it to.
edogxxx wrote:
I don't want to have to buy a new computer every three.
Again, who says you have to. The computer I'm typing on is over 3 years old and it replaced one that was probably 5 years old at the time.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#90940 Sep 7, 2013
Which is why you never win the Geek of the Year award....
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says you have to? I've got a phone that came out in 2011 and it does everything I need it to.
<quoted text>Again, who says you have to. The computer I'm typing on is over 3 years old and it replaced one that was probably 5 years old at the time.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90941 Sep 7, 2013
RACE wrote:
Which is why you never win the Geek of the Year award....
<quoted text>
If replacing all my sheit every time a new upgrade comes out, just for the sake of having all new stuff, is what it takes to be geek of the year, definitely give the trophy to someone else. Cars. Electronics. Whatever. I like to ride it till it ain't getting the job done no more.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90942 Sep 7, 2013
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90943 Sep 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>MSM?
Mobile Spaghetti Monster?
Michigan State Mascot?
Mentally Superior Men?
MainStream Media...you've never seen that before? Huh.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90944 Sep 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Who says you have to? I've got a phone that came out in 2011 and it does everything I need it to.
<quoted text>Again, who says you have to. The computer I'm typing on is over 3 years old and it replaced one that was probably 5 years old at the time.
The iphone is over a year old and starting to crap out already. I had my last computer for over five years and it finally died. Went to get ink for the printer a few months ago, and dude at Best Buy said "Oh, we don't carry ink for that kind of printer anymore."

So now I have an unopened cartridge of ink for a printer I'm no longer using! The latest technological gizmo is only designed to last a few year years. Then you need to upgrade and replace. Nice scam!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90945 Sep 7, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
MainStream Media...you've never seen that before? Huh.
Ah, the "lame" stream media, or "liberal" media. Can't trust anything THOSE guys say. In fact, I'll bet helicopter dude isn't even dead! He was clipped in the ear and just needed an aspirin. Leave it to the MSM to blow it out of proportion!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90946 Sep 7, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The iphone is over a year old and starting to crap out already. I had my last computer for over five years and it finally died. Went to get ink for the printer a few months ago, and dude at Best Buy said "Oh, we don't carry ink for that kind of printer anymore."
So now I have an unopened cartridge of ink for a printer I'm no longer using! The latest technological gizmo is only designed to last a few year years. Then you need to upgrade and replace. Nice scam!
q iphone crapping out? Say it ain't so. Sublime will call you a liar. I roll with Android and my Galaxy S *2* is working great.

Computer lasted 5 years? I thought you said 3. Make up your mind.

Best Buy does not carry ink for you printer? You can't shop at any where but best buy? Office Max? Staples? Office depot? Hell, you could buy your ink on the web.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90947 Sep 7, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90948 Sep 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
q iphone crapping out? Say it ain't so. Sublime will call you a liar. I roll with Android and my Galaxy S *2* is working great.
Computer lasted 5 years? I thought you said 3. Make up your mind.
Best Buy does not carry ink for you printer? You can't shop at any where but best buy? Office Max? Staples? Office depot? Hell, you could buy your ink on the web.
I got the ink at Office Max. But I had a gift card for Best Buy :/

And I never said 3!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Rex Spector 1,263,870
The Messenger 9 min DKTM 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Jacques Ottawa 194,627
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 39 min Go Blue Forever 7
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Earthling-1 54,329
amy august 2 57 min PEllen 2
abby august 2 1 hr PEllen 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages