Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
On Tonka's link, I thought it was great that the (now ex) bf posted. Gave a better perspective. I thought the gf was totally looking for a free ride. That made me mad. She'd have to pay rent somewhere and (esp after hearing from him), he wasn't askign a whole lot and wanted to put it into a general fund (and add to it, too). It's not a bad thing to expect someone to contribute. ANd, again, she'd have to pay it somewhere, and a lot more than what he was asking. In the end, it sounded like he DID want to plan for the future, but she ruined it by trying to mooch off of him. He dodged a bullet!!!
Thanks for the follow-up! I read a lot of comments but didn't get down that far. Most were in her favor, but a few guys were on the boyfriend's side.

I wonder if she'd have been so hyped up about moving in and having a future if he wasn't so well off.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the follow-up! I read a lot of comments but didn't get down that far. Most were in her favor, but a few guys were on the boyfriend's side.
I wonder if she'd have been so hyped up about moving in and having a future if he wasn't so well off.
Probably not but judging from her original letter he did not communicate it very well.
Money issues need to be addressed before marriage . Its easier with a roommate without romance or expectations to muddy the waters..

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Seen on FB re: Castro's suicide in Cleveland:

"Some bed sheets are so economical, they can save you millions!"

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

RACE wrote:
HA!

I remember getting scotch tape across my lips in grade school when I wouldn't stop talking in class. I deserved it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

I think it's ridiculous that they may FIRE the teacher over this. All those dipstick parents have never made a mistake or lapse in judgment in their jobs? Idiots.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
LOVE it!!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Yeah, god forbid you shame a child for engaging in bad behavior and being disruptive. Why! Thats almost like Parenting!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I think it's ridiculous that they may FIRE the teacher over this. All those dipstick parents have never made a mistake or lapse in judgment in their jobs? Idiots.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Ha!

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!
I remember getting scotch tape across my lips in grade school when I wouldn't stop talking in class. I deserved it.
Ha..
When I was in kindergarten I got put in a corner for blowing in an empty Good and Plenty box. That makes a great noise! That wasn't the only humiliation I suffered from those nuns through grade school. Some deserved, some not.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/09/...

Wow, there's a lot of anger in the comments...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

itser wrote:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_ factor/2013/09/03/couple_angry _about_expecting_twins_writes_ about_it_on_babble_commenters. html?wpisrc=obnetwork
I liked this comment:

""After TWO YEARS of fertility calendars, intrauterine inseminations, and in vitro fertilization, they are now pregnant with twins". And they never read the consent forms, or thought to themselves, "Gee, what if we have twins?"
One of the first things fertility clinics tell you is that there is a possibility of multiple births.
There should be an IQ test in those clinics."

I guess good on them for saying how they feel, anonymously, but *really*? They sound like spoiled idiots. Did they not realize that sometimes one pregnancy results in more than one baby? Especially assuming they're older and with the fertility treatments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

itser wrote:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_ factor/2013/09/03/couple_angry _about_expecting_twins_writes_ about_it_on_babble_commenters. html?wpisrc=obnetwork
I think it's justified anger. This couple never should have gone for kid #2. They spent a fortune on those infertility treatments, and now they're complaining about not being able to afford twins?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's justified anger. This couple never should have gone for kid #2. They spent a fortune on those infertility treatments, and now they're complaining about not being able to afford twins?
After reading this, I think they should never have had Kid #1. What horrible people.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

I don't know.

My mother loved me. I never had any doubts about that at all. But I also knew from a pretty young age that she was upset/angry when she found out she was carrying me and that she did NOT want to be pregnant again. She had five kids and then after a long stretch she had my youngest brother. After an even longer stretch, surprise - there I was.

If it had been available back in the stone age, she may have also used the internet to vent about how overwhelmed she was feeling, and that is mostly what I got from these two. Better to do it anonymously online with a bunch of strangers than to vent to family members who may throw it back in their faces later, when they have young children hearing it in the only way they could...mommy and daddy love our big brother but they hate us.

I thought they mostly sounded overwhelmed, worried, and scared. The kids have probably been born by now. Hopefully, mom and dad have gotten their feet under them by now and are feeling differently.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

My friend C and her husband are still having trouble wrapping their brains around pregnancy #4 (failed vasectomy, she's due in a month). They're both pretty Type A. It's not like they're hurting for money; it's more of the stress of raising 4 instead of 3. The had gotten rid of all their baby stuff, but she's super thrifty and doesn't buy much of that kind of stuff first hand anyway.

I guess, me not having kids, I'm thinking "What's the big deal?" I can see the shock of going from zero to one or even from one to two, and I get being upset right off the bat, but they've had 7 months to get used to the idea. I'm hoping they loosen up once he gets here or get psychological help.

In the grand scheme of things, I'd rather my family get unexpectedly bigger rather than unexpectedly smaller, which has generally been the case for me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

We have a panoramic photo of a forest full of birch trees in our big handicapped private bathroom. IT's not hung up on the wall yet, it's on the floor leaning against the wall.

So today, I printed off a tiny (like, 1/2 to 3/4 inch tall) Where's Waldo guy, cut around him, used invisible tape, and put him up in the trees. You don't even notice him when you glance at the picture.

My boss is going to be pissed, which is partly why I did it. SHe gets all bent out of shape over harmless things.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

itser wrote:
I don't know.
My mother loved me. I never had any doubts about that at all. But I also knew from a pretty young age that she was upset/angry when she found out she was carrying me and that she did NOT want to be pregnant again. She had five kids and then after a long stretch she had my youngest brother. After an even longer stretch, surprise - there I was.
If it had been available back in the stone age, she may have also used the internet to vent about how overwhelmed she was feeling, and that is mostly what I got from these two. Better to do it anonymously online with a bunch of strangers than to vent to family members who may throw it back in their faces later, when they have young children hearing it in the only way they could...mommy and daddy love our big brother but they hate us.
I thought they mostly sounded overwhelmed, worried, and scared. The kids have probably been born by now. Hopefully, mom and dad have gotten their feet under them by now and are feeling differently.
I agree with you. We did not have to do amy fertility treatments to get #2, and even though twins was not likely, the possibility is always biologiacally there. I would have felt the same way.

Life does not always go exactly as planned, and when it doesn't, you have wvery right to be less than thrilled. One need not be rich to undergo these treatments. I have a friend that had 2 kids thru IVF. They scrimped and saved and sacrificed other things in order to afford it.

Regardless, if you are planning for 2 babies and end up with 3, its probably more of a burden than if you were planning on zero babies and oops, you get pregnant.

Why should one get a pass on feeling upset with one oops baby, but villified for being upset with twins?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Dickie and I are getting an unexpected date night tomorrow night; it seems the girls talked the MIL into a sleepover. We talked about it last night and decided to go see a movie.

Well, the movie choices currently out there are so pathetic that we've decided to go out for dinner and get a movie on-demand instead. <shakes head> I cannot believe there is NOTHING out there that we'd be willing to blow $20+ on. Simply pathetic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Tonka, it's mostly because they put so much money, time and effort toward trying to conceive, and now they're bitching about two instead of one, when that was A KNOWN RISK from day one. They sound insufferable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,441 - 89,460 of97,506
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,077,634
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,382
Thousands march in downtown Chicago in support ... 9 min Garry Ackerman 2
Music Artists A to Z 10 min not a ghost 256
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 15 min Huh 5
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 16 min not a ghost 358
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 20 min not a ghost 1,102
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••