Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90782 Sep 5, 2013
Dear Prudie:

L1: This is a nightmare for you only if you allow it to be. Your father's legal mess will not cost you any money unless you hire an attorney to sue his estate for something. Otherwise, it's only as much of a headache as you allow it to be.

At any rate, I Think what you're really worried about is, when your dad dies, you want to be sure you get your full fair share of what he's acquired and earned over his lifetime. That's what's really motivating you here. And I think your dad has you pegged.

L2: Holy crap. Either show him the video (forward the email so he knows she sent it to you), or act like you saw nothing, and never, ever be alone with her or do or say anything she can use against you. She is nuts.

L3: It's really not your call. The baby should be put up for adoption, but good luck with that.

L4: Use her toothbrush to clean that toilet. And if she hassles you again, wipe your ass with her pillow case. She is nuts. EVERYBODY leaves marks in the bowl now and then. It's not just you. Does your wife not poop?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90783 Sep 5, 2013
Agreed, her future is all about marriage and babies, not contributing financially.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that (I didn't care enough to go back and re-read the original thing from last night).
So her current rent could be $500, and his mortgage payment could be $2,000, so that's still a good deal for her. I don't think he's wrong to think she should pay something to live with him. I still think they need to talk about their futures.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90784 Sep 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Agreed, her future is all about marriage and babies, not contributing financially.
<quoted text>
She does come off as seeing her boyfriend as a dollar sign.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90785 Sep 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dear Prudie:
L1: This is a nightmare for you only if you allow it to be. Your father's legal mess will not cost you any money unless you hire an attorney to sue his estate for something. Otherwise, it's only as much of a headache as you allow it to be.
At any rate, I Think what you're really worried about is, when your dad dies, you want to be sure you get your full fair share of what he's acquired and earned over his lifetime. That's what's really motivating you here. And I think your dad has you pegged.
L2: Holy crap. Either show him the video (forward the email so he knows she sent it to you), or act like you saw nothing, and never, ever be alone with her or do or say anything she can use against you. She is nuts.
L3: It's really not your call. The baby should be put up for adoption, but good luck with that.
L4: Use her toothbrush to clean that toilet. And if she hassles you again, wipe your ass with her pillow case. She is nuts. EVERYBODY leaves marks in the bowl now and then. It's not just you. Does your wife not poop?
L1 Unless he or your stepmom is a CPA, his Federal income taxes are probably a mess as well; his state property taxes are probably okay or the state would have done tax sales out from under him. His accountant should be the first line of contact. Also, although setting up a corporation can be done over the internet, an LLC ( a limited liability company) is a bit more complicated. From everything I have ever heard, anything to do with real estate must be on paper; those verbal and handshake deals don't count

Interviewing estate planners and i dragging him there is the same thing as trying to get a competent adult to see and listen to a doctor. If they don't want to, they don't have to and there is nothing you can do about it.

The best line of persuasion is probably scare him with how much tx he can save or obits from 65 year old guys/friends who suddenly croaked.

And if your dad is on the deed of your mom's house and she is not,, she needs to talk to someone because whoever owns the house could kick her out the moment he dies, no questions asked.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90786 Sep 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dear Prudie:

L2: Holy crap. Either show him the video (forward the email so he knows she sent it to you), or act like you saw nothing, and never, ever be alone with her or do or say anything she can use against you. She is nuts.
L3: It's really not your call. The baby should be put up for adoption, but good luck with that.
L4: Use her toothbrush to clean that toilet. And if she hassles you again, wipe your ass with her pillow case. She is nuts. EVERYBODY leaves marks in the bowl now and then. It's not just you. Does your wife not poop?
L2. Destroy the video. Say nothing to your best friend. Verbally tell the girl to knock it off

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#90787 Sep 5, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>
My beef is that people are so impotent that, rather than change the justice system, they try to satiate their own sense of justice by hoping criminals in prison mete out the harsh sentence that they had desired. I'm no fan of crime. I just don't think it should be compounded by having prisoners- the dregs of society- elevated to god-like status. I think that's a cop out. Those people are murderers and thieves- not USSC justices.
We have a thing called the Constitution, which prohibits cruel or unusual punishment. SCJs are required to uphold the law regardless of their personal beliefs.

IF the government shanked someone this would constitute cruel punishment, but personally, IMO, some folks deserve it. Folks who rape children ... those two guys in England who hacked that soldier to death with machetes ... I would not shed one tear to find out they met an violent and brutal death in prison.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90788 Sep 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
L2. Destroy the video. Say nothing to your best friend. Verbally tell the girl to knock it off
If she pulls something else, what would you suggest next?(I don't disagree with your advice here.)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90789 Sep 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a thing called the Constitution, which prohibits cruel or unusual punishment. SCJs are required to uphold the law regardless of their personal beliefs.
IF the government shanked someone this would constitute cruel punishment, but personally, IMO, some folks deserve it. Folks who rape children ... those two guys in England who hacked that soldier to death with machetes ... I would not shed one tear to find out they met an violent and brutal death in prison.
Me neither. Live violently, die violently.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90790 Sep 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If she pulls something else, what would you suggest next?(I don't disagree with your advice here.)
There was a letter the other day where the wife told the husband to tell the friend Karen to knock off the touchy feely stuff. When Karen started hanging on the husband, literally, wife stormed over and told Karen off, loudly and in front of everyone.

Here, the verbal is a warning shot. The second time, requires disclosure, but it should be immediately after receipt and it should be clear that this LW isn't having any of the GF's BS. A warning shot allows the GF to say it went to the wrong email address, it was the wrong attachment whatever.It allows her to save face.

LW should start thinking how he is going to respond if his best friend asks him to be best man at the wedding to this broad.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90791 Sep 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a letter the other day where the wife told the husband to tell the friend Karen to knock off the touchy feely stuff. When Karen started hanging on the husband, literally, wife stormed over and told Karen off, loudly and in front of everyone.
Here, the verbal is a warning shot. The second time, requires disclosure, but it should be immediately after receipt and it should be clear that this LW isn't having any of the GF's BS. A warning shot allows the GF to say it went to the wrong email address, it was the wrong attachment whatever.It allows her to save face.
LW should start thinking how he is going to respond if his best friend asks him to be best man at the wedding to this broad.
I haven't read the latest Prudie, but the one with Karen was nuts. The guy wanted to know if THEY should apologize to Karen!!! Wow!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90792 Sep 5, 2013
On Tonka's link, I thought it was great that the (now ex) bf posted. Gave a better perspective. I thought the gf was totally looking for a free ride. That made me mad. She'd have to pay rent somewhere and (esp after hearing from him), he wasn't askign a whole lot and wanted to put it into a general fund (and add to it, too). It's not a bad thing to expect someone to contribute. ANd, again, she'd have to pay it somewhere, and a lot more than what he was asking. In the end, it sounded like he DID want to plan for the future, but she ruined it by trying to mooch off of him. He dodged a bullet!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90793 Sep 5, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
On Tonka's link, I thought it was great that the (now ex) bf posted. Gave a better perspective. I thought the gf was totally looking for a free ride. That made me mad. She'd have to pay rent somewhere and (esp after hearing from him), he wasn't askign a whole lot and wanted to put it into a general fund (and add to it, too). It's not a bad thing to expect someone to contribute. ANd, again, she'd have to pay it somewhere, and a lot more than what he was asking. In the end, it sounded like he DID want to plan for the future, but she ruined it by trying to mooch off of him. He dodged a bullet!!!
Thanks for the follow-up! I read a lot of comments but didn't get down that far. Most were in her favor, but a few guys were on the boyfriend's side.

I wonder if she'd have been so hyped up about moving in and having a future if he wasn't so well off.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90794 Sep 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the follow-up! I read a lot of comments but didn't get down that far. Most were in her favor, but a few guys were on the boyfriend's side.
I wonder if she'd have been so hyped up about moving in and having a future if he wasn't so well off.
Probably not but judging from her original letter he did not communicate it very well.
Money issues need to be addressed before marriage . Its easier with a roommate without romance or expectations to muddy the waters..

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90795 Sep 5, 2013
Seen on FB re: Castro's suicide in Cleveland:

"Some bed sheets are so economical, they can save you millions!"

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90796 Sep 5, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90797 Sep 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
HA!

I remember getting scotch tape across my lips in grade school when I wouldn't stop talking in class. I deserved it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90798 Sep 5, 2013
I think it's ridiculous that they may FIRE the teacher over this. All those dipstick parents have never made a mistake or lapse in judgment in their jobs? Idiots.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90799 Sep 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Seen on FB re: Castro's suicide in Cleveland:
"Some bed sheets are so economical, they can save you millions!"
LOVE it!!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90800 Sep 5, 2013
Yeah, god forbid you shame a child for engaging in bad behavior and being disruptive. Why! Thats almost like Parenting!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I think it's ridiculous that they may FIRE the teacher over this. All those dipstick parents have never made a mistake or lapse in judgment in their jobs? Idiots.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#90801 Sep 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Seen on FB re: Castro's suicide in Cleveland:
"Some bed sheets are so economical, they can save you millions!"
Ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min harmonious 1,108,319
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 54 min andet1987 612
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ECONOMIC TERRORIST 46,550
What would be the best way to CLEAN UPCHICAGO? 1 hr Slewer 15
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,937
Amy 9-14-14 2 hr Mister Tonka 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr RJS 7,776
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••