“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90727 Sep 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Only thing that might have been better, would have been to put him in General Population, and let the prisoners do it....sure saved the taxpayers a lot.....
Yeah, I was hoping the other inmates would have had a chance to take him out like they did Dahmer. But, he's gone and that's a good thing.

I read where the guards have rounds every 30 minutes, but it's staggered so as not to be predictable. I hope they made their rounds, saw him hanging there and then went back to finish their coffee before checking on him again. <shrug>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90728 Sep 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Ironically, he didn't adapt well to captivity but he did serve his life sentence.
Every now and then you hit the nail on the head.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#90729 Sep 4, 2013
Red, be careful! I get that way if I get overheated working out (because FSM knows I never skip a meal...). Never happens in the middle of the night, though. Water or something with electrolytes (sipped, so I don't barf) and something to eat. Protein bar, string cheese, cereal, etc.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90730 Sep 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I was hoping the other inmates would have had a chance to take him out like they did Dahmer. But, he's gone and that's a good thing.
I read where the guards have rounds every 30 minutes, but it's staggered so as not to be predictable. I hope they made their rounds, saw him hanging there and then went back to finish their coffee before checking on him again. <shrug>
Yeah, sometimes it's hard work and a real struggle....to get a guy to voluntarily hang himself.....lol.....

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#90731 Sep 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure the guards gave him the rope or belt or whatever he hung himself with.
A noted observer

Arlington Heights, IL

#90732 Sep 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Only thing that might have been better, would have been to put him in General Population, and let the prisoners do it....sure saved the taxpayers a lot.....
OK, I know you mean well but, we've got to stop this notion that prisoners are the ultimate/only *justice* in our society. Honestly, what kind of a *civilization* is that?
A noted observer

Arlington Heights, IL

#90733 Sep 4, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Every now and then you hit the nail on the head.
I only post every now and then so, I must be batting a thousand.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#90734 Sep 4, 2013
i get what we've taken to calling "the heart thing" every once in awhile. what's really happennind is that somehow, the nerve "trunk line" through my torso is somehow pinched, so it sends my heart rate way up, i start sweating profusely, and getting a bit woozy. if i lie flat, have a cold washcloth for my forehead or neck, and give it 10-15 minutes, things settle down. i also sip juice or sprite if i can. I can't predict this, or prevent it, but when it hits, i have to take a break. i've never felt the urge to puke, so i don't know if this is the same as what you had... check wtih your MD the next time you go...

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90735 Sep 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I know you mean well but, we've got to stop this notion that prisoners are the ultimate/only *justice* in our society. Honestly, what kind of a *civilization* is that?
I pretty much figure that in prison, there really isn't much civilzation and that can work to our benefit.
A noted observer

Arlington Heights, IL

#90736 Sep 4, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I pretty much figure that in prison, there really isn't much civilzation and that can work to our benefit.
Society's revenge is supposed to be putting people prison. Hoping that once certain miscreants get there that they are further brutalized by murderers and thieves is like admitting that our judicial system doesn't work. We might as well cut to the chase and go back to the lynch mobs of the old west and the south of the early 20th century.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90737 Sep 4, 2013
Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I was pretty scared at 1 a.m.! Unfortunately, I don't have juice or sugared sodas in the house, but those would be the easiest, fastest thing, I think, and preferable to taking a spoonful of sugar.

But I think I'll get prepared so if it happens again, I can have something handy. I'm going to see what the expiration date is on the juice boxes Nick buys his kids, and help myself to one or two to keep in my fridge.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90738 Sep 4, 2013
Society's revenge??? No such animal, it is called justice and sometimes simple incarceration is not justice enough
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Society's revenge is supposed to be putting people prison.
It doesn't. Just look at the Pct of repeat prisoners.(rec,rev something ism)
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Hoping that once certain miscreants get there that they are further brutalized by murderers and thieves is like admitting that our judicial system doesn't work.
After a fair trial, I am all for it.
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text> We might as well cut to the chase and go back to the lynch mobs of the old west and the south of the early 20th century.

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#90739 Sep 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Society's revenge is supposed to be putting people prison. Hoping that once certain miscreants get there that they are further brutalized by murderers and thieves is like admitting that our judicial system doesn't work. We might as well cut to the chase and go back to the lynch mobs of the old west and the south of the early 20th century.
I'm all for lynch mobs when our justice system protects the criminal instead of the victim.

Due punishment is not revenge; it's supposed to be a deterrent. And there is an easy fix to criminals getting brutalized by other prisoners. Obey the law in the first place.
A noted observer

Arlington Heights, IL

#90740 Sep 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
Society's revenge??? No such animal, it is called justice and sometimes simple incarceration is not justice enough
<quoted text>
It doesn't. Just look at the Pct of repeat prisoners.(rec,rev something ism)
<quoted text>
After a fair trial, I am all for it.
<quoted text>
Well, there should be a special place in prison (let's call it "general population") for people who cherry pick others posts.

I gather you are in favor of lynchings. I guess you assume you'll be part of the mob, rather than the target?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90741 Sep 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I was pretty scared at 1 a.m.! Unfortunately, I don't have juice or sugared sodas in the house, but those would be the easiest, fastest thing, I think, and preferable to taking a spoonful of sugar.
But I think I'll get prepared so if it happens again, I can have something handy. I'm going to see what the expiration date is on the juice boxes Nick buys his kids, and help myself to one or two to keep in my fridge.
Keep some candy in the night stand. Or maybe get some of those jelly packets from the restaurant and bring a few home and keep them there. Also honey is fast and easy.

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#90742 Sep 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Glad to hear you are feeling better after your episode, Redhead. Be kind to yourself :)

Location hidden

#90743 Sep 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I know you mean well but, we've got to stop this notion that prisoners are the ultimate/only *justice* in our society. Honestly, what kind of a *civilization* is that?
..Fiscally responsible?.....

Location hidden

#90744 Sep 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure the guards gave him the rope or belt or whatever he hung himself with.
Being the industrious "Can-do" guy that he was, Fox has reported, he used bed sheets.....
A noted observer

Arlington Heights, IL

#90745 Sep 4, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for lynch mobs when our justice system protects the criminal instead of the victim.
Due punishment is not revenge; it's supposed to be a deterrent. And there is an easy fix to criminals getting brutalized by other prisoners. Obey the law in the first place.
You have a very pretty eye but, you are in no better position to quibble semantics than that anal-retentive list-maker.

So, you don't think a lynch mob would be revenge? That prisoners brutalizing each other isn't revenge? I hate to quibble semantics- that's for sorry cheesedcks- but, is that "justice"?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90746 Sep 4, 2013
Hey, their your words not mine. I cherry picked nothing.
and yeah I will be part of the mob because I am not a dipsheit criminal.
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there should be a special place in prison (let's call it "general population") for people who cherry pick others posts.
I gather you are in favor of lynchings. I guess you assume you'll be part of the mob, rather than the target?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Right 1,124,975
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min wojar 179,276
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 8 min RJS 7,820
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min Eric 69,980
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 35 min Grau 68,636
Remember Quantitative Easing?..................... 39 min Go Blue Forever 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min HAHAHA 50,595
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]