|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Only thing that might have been better, would have been to put him in General Population, and let the prisoners do it....sure saved the taxpayers a lot.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Excellent.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Dear Mr. Castro:

Thank you for saving your state's taxpayers a lot of money.

Sincerely,
Angela

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, but WTF. He put those women through the trial and then a month in to his bajillion year sentence, he offs himself? Don't get me wrong, the planet is better for it, but--those poor women. I just hope they each have a strong support system in place.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

I think it proves what an absolute pussay he was.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Yeah, but WTF. He put those women through the trial and then a month in to his bajillion year sentence, he offs himself? Don't get me wrong, the planet is better for it, but--those poor women. I just hope they each have a strong support system in place.
He didn't put them through a trial. He plead guilty. The hearing was for his sentencing

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

I'll get the columns.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Oh it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood...
Mimi Seattle wrote:

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Wait! I meant, what a tragedy! Sure he did some awful things, but he was someone's child! What if his mother saw us gloating over his demise? I am sure he was the product of a broken environment, and its society's fault that we did not fix him. Its only billions of dollars people! Just think if we spent enough we could fix everyone. You all should do a little soul searching and think about your own small part is how that man turned out.

Oh, who am I kidding...
It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood...
Mimi Seattle wrote:

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't put them through a trial. He plead guilty. The hearing was for his sentencing
Oh, right. A trial for him would have been looooong. Still.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Scary night for me.

Went to bed before 11 or so. Woke up around 1 with a bad stomach ache, like that's how hungry I was (I have not eaten much the last week or so, and last night I had a small lunch but no supper, but had a softball double header). Got up to head to the kitchen to have a granola bar, and suddenly felt like I was burning up, felt faint, and was running into the hallway wall on my way to the kitchen. I thought I might be having a stroke, and I told myself I should get my phone, but I wasn't thinking straight. Alternated between standing in the kitchen (first had to stop in the dining room to sit and rest and try to focus on being able to walk), nibbling teeny tiny bites of the granola bar and washing it down with water, and sitting on the toilet with my face over the waste can, not knowing what was going to happen. Rapid breathing, racing heart rate, SUPER hot, had a weird sense of needing to violently vomit, but that never happened. I seriously was scared. Thought "Well, the [couple i'm babysitting for tonight] can't be mad at me for bailing on them tonight if I'm dead on my floor."

AT some point, went back to bed, but lying down made me feel much worse, so I got up again and had more granola bar (by the end of everything, I had eaten less than half a bar, but it took me half an hour to do even that much) and more water, was able to lie down again after a couple of attempts forced me back out of bed. This lasted probably 45-60 minutes is my guess.

This morning when SAra walked by and I said "Hi" (In what I thought was a normal voice), she said "What's wrong? You don't sound right." (Wow.)

I told Sara what I told you, and she said if it happens again, I should immediately take a spoonful of sugar, in case it really is just very low blood sugar at work (which is possible, I'll do a little reading on that this morning just to see).

But I was pretty freaked out. I wanted to call Nick (I think he'd be annoyed by the time but concerned by what I was telling him), but I knew his phone would be in the kitchen and he wouldn't hear me calling.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Scary night for me.
Went to bed before 11 or so. Woke up around 1 with a bad stomach ache, like that's how hungry I was (I have not eaten much the last week or so, and last night I had a small lunch but no supper, but had a softball double header). Got up to head to the kitchen to have a granola bar, and suddenly felt like I was burning up, felt faint, and was running into the hallway wall on my way to the kitchen. I thought I might be having a stroke, and I told myself I should get my phone, but I wasn't thinking straight. Alternated between standing in the kitchen (first had to stop in the dining room to sit and rest and try to focus on being able to walk), nibbling teeny tiny bites of the granola bar and washing it down with water, and sitting on the toilet with my face over the waste can, not knowing what was going to happen. Rapid breathing, racing heart rate, SUPER hot, had a weird sense of needing to violently vomit, but that never happened. I seriously was scared. Thought "Well, the [couple i'm babysitting for tonight] can't be mad at me for bailing on them tonight if I'm dead on my floor."
AT some point, went back to bed, but lying down made me feel much worse, so I got up again and had more granola bar (by the end of everything, I had eaten less than half a bar, but it took me half an hour to do even that much) and more water, was able to lie down again after a couple of attempts forced me back out of bed. This lasted probably 45-60 minutes is my guess.
This morning when SAra walked by and I said "Hi" (In what I thought was a normal voice), she said "What's wrong? You don't sound right." (Wow.)
I told Sara what I told you, and she said if it happens again, I should immediately take a spoonful of sugar, in case it really is just very low blood sugar at work (which is possible, I'll do a little reading on that this morning just to see).
But I was pretty freaked out. I wanted to call Nick (I think he'd be annoyed by the time but concerned by what I was telling him), but I knew his phone would be in the kitchen and he wouldn't hear me calling.
VERY scary! I am so glad you are ok! Next time get to the phone and call 911!!! And maybe you should get to the doctor anyway for a quick check.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Googled and found a list (at a medcical site) of symptoms of low blood sugar. When I was a kid, I had to eat every couple of hours or I'd get stomach aches -- I had crazy fast metabolism and got low blood sugar very easily.

But this was far more serious. Sara's suggestion to eat a spoonful of sugar was one of several solutions that same website provided.

Also, it would help if I would get groceries. I'm out of bread. Toast would have provided the carbs I needed as well (after quick ingesting sugar for the needed spike).

Thanks for letting me ramble. Still trying to figure it all out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
VERY scary! I am so glad you are ok! Next time get to the phone and call 911!!! And maybe you should get to the doctor anyway for a quick check.
My friend Mindy told me to call her if it happens again, since she keeps her phone next to her bed, as her alarm clock.

But like Nick said, it's time to start having something for supper even when I"m not feeling up to eating (like last night, at the bar after softball, I just wasn't feeling hungry). As an adult, I should eat because I know I should eat.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Googled and found a list (at a medcical site) of symptoms of low blood sugar. When I was a kid, I had to eat every couple of hours or I'd get stomach aches -- I had crazy fast metabolism and got low blood sugar very easily.
But this was far more serious. Sara's suggestion to eat a spoonful of sugar was one of several solutions that same website provided.
Also, it would help if I would get groceries. I'm out of bread. Toast would have provided the carbs I needed as well (after quick ingesting sugar for the needed spike).
Thanks for letting me ramble. Still trying to figure it all out.
I eat once a day a lot of days. If I have coffee in the morning, with sugar or creamer with sugar in the creamer, it's not uncommon for me to get a sugar low a few hours later if I've been drinking it all morning and into the afternoon.

It makes me feel very weak and light headed. Crackers, bread, sugar ... anything with starch or sugar does the trick and you don't really need that much. It' seems be be absorbed in your system really quick too.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Scary night for me.
Wow, Red! Glad you're okay. Orange Juice will do it, too. That's what diabetics do when their sugar is too low and they're having an insulin reaction. Either a glass of water with a whole bunch of sugar or a glass of orange juice.(Tells you how much sugar is in orange juice.) But a candy bar works, too.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend Mindy told me to call her if it happens again, since she keeps her phone next to her bed, as her alarm clock.
But like Nick said, it's time to start having something for supper even when I"m not feeling up to eating (like last night, at the bar after softball, I just wasn't feeling hungry). As an adult, I should eat because I know I should eat.
While you're online, look into how not eating can make your blood pressure really low, too, and what those symptoms are. I remember when one of my sisters was on a diet and she kept fainting. It was from too low blood pressure.

Just a thought.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I eat once a day a lot of days. If I have coffee in the morning, with sugar or creamer with sugar in the creamer, it's not uncommon for me to get a sugar low a few hours later if I've been drinking it all morning and into the afternoon.
It makes me feel very weak and light headed. Crackers, bread, sugar ... anything with starch or sugar does the trick and you don't really need that much. It' seems be be absorbed in your system really quick too.
I have a bad habit of doing that with the coffee and not eating en my daughter is with her dad. Like red, I just won't feel hungry sometimes, too, so I just don't eat. I am fine when my kid is home because SHE has to eat, so I make a sit down meal or we grab something when we're out. But those weekends she's not with me, I am REALLY bad. I try to be better about it and was proud that I did well this weekend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,361 - 89,380 of96,396
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,037,672
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min ritedownthemiddle 43,185
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,597
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min LRS 167,751
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 510
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 3,794
IL Who do you support for Treasurer in Illinois in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 113
Amy 4-24 1 hr Kuuipo 34
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search