“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90725 Sep 4, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Yeah, but WTF. He put those women through the trial and then a month in to his bajillion year sentence, he offs himself? Don't get me wrong, the planet is better for it, but--those poor women. I just hope they each have a strong support system in place.
I'm wondering how they are taking this. There must be some sort of Stockholm (ish) syndrome there, so they are going to likely need therapy to deal with this too...in addition to the therapy they are already getting. He was such a baby. Kept them locked up for more than 10 years and he didn't even make it 5 MONTHS!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90726 Sep 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Googled and found a list (at a medcical site) of symptoms of low blood sugar. When I was a kid, I had to eat every couple of hours or I'd get stomach aches -- I had crazy fast metabolism and got low blood sugar very easily.
But this was far more serious. Sara's suggestion to eat a spoonful of sugar was one of several solutions that same website provided.
Also, it would help if I would get groceries. I'm out of bread. Toast would have provided the carbs I needed as well (after quick ingesting sugar for the needed spike).
Thanks for letting me ramble. Still trying to figure it all out.
I get something like that occasionally, sometime twice a year, sometime not for a couple years . I get sweats and chills. It is always a single isolated episode which lasts 15-30 minutes. There are always a couple of old and otherwise uneatable pieces of candy or granola bars in my desk drawer and the car. The possibilities also include hormones- you re old enough to get hot flashes.

For me, it goes away with no other side effect than being a bit light headed for a while.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90727 Sep 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Only thing that might have been better, would have been to put him in General Population, and let the prisoners do it....sure saved the taxpayers a lot.....
Yeah, I was hoping the other inmates would have had a chance to take him out like they did Dahmer. But, he's gone and that's a good thing.

I read where the guards have rounds every 30 minutes, but it's staggered so as not to be predictable. I hope they made their rounds, saw him hanging there and then went back to finish their coffee before checking on him again. <shrug>

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#90728 Sep 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Ironically, he didn't adapt well to captivity but he did serve his life sentence.
Every now and then you hit the nail on the head.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#90729 Sep 4, 2013
Red, be careful! I get that way if I get overheated working out (because FSM knows I never skip a meal...). Never happens in the middle of the night, though. Water or something with electrolytes (sipped, so I don't barf) and something to eat. Protein bar, string cheese, cereal, etc.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90730 Sep 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I was hoping the other inmates would have had a chance to take him out like they did Dahmer. But, he's gone and that's a good thing.
I read where the guards have rounds every 30 minutes, but it's staggered so as not to be predictable. I hope they made their rounds, saw him hanging there and then went back to finish their coffee before checking on him again. <shrug>
Yeah, sometimes it's hard work and a real struggle....to get a guy to voluntarily hang himself.....lol.....

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#90731 Sep 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure the guards gave him the rope or belt or whatever he hung himself with.
A noted observer

Arlington Heights, IL

#90732 Sep 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Only thing that might have been better, would have been to put him in General Population, and let the prisoners do it....sure saved the taxpayers a lot.....
OK, I know you mean well but, we've got to stop this notion that prisoners are the ultimate/only *justice* in our society. Honestly, what kind of a *civilization* is that?
A noted observer

Arlington Heights, IL

#90733 Sep 4, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Every now and then you hit the nail on the head.
I only post every now and then so, I must be batting a thousand.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#90734 Sep 4, 2013
i get what we've taken to calling "the heart thing" every once in awhile. what's really happennind is that somehow, the nerve "trunk line" through my torso is somehow pinched, so it sends my heart rate way up, i start sweating profusely, and getting a bit woozy. if i lie flat, have a cold washcloth for my forehead or neck, and give it 10-15 minutes, things settle down. i also sip juice or sprite if i can. I can't predict this, or prevent it, but when it hits, i have to take a break. i've never felt the urge to puke, so i don't know if this is the same as what you had... check wtih your MD the next time you go...

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90735 Sep 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I know you mean well but, we've got to stop this notion that prisoners are the ultimate/only *justice* in our society. Honestly, what kind of a *civilization* is that?
I pretty much figure that in prison, there really isn't much civilzation and that can work to our benefit.
A noted observer

Arlington Heights, IL

#90736 Sep 4, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I pretty much figure that in prison, there really isn't much civilzation and that can work to our benefit.
Society's revenge is supposed to be putting people prison. Hoping that once certain miscreants get there that they are further brutalized by murderers and thieves is like admitting that our judicial system doesn't work. We might as well cut to the chase and go back to the lynch mobs of the old west and the south of the early 20th century.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90737 Sep 4, 2013
Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I was pretty scared at 1 a.m.! Unfortunately, I don't have juice or sugared sodas in the house, but those would be the easiest, fastest thing, I think, and preferable to taking a spoonful of sugar.

But I think I'll get prepared so if it happens again, I can have something handy. I'm going to see what the expiration date is on the juice boxes Nick buys his kids, and help myself to one or two to keep in my fridge.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90738 Sep 4, 2013
Society's revenge??? No such animal, it is called justice and sometimes simple incarceration is not justice enough
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Society's revenge is supposed to be putting people prison.
It doesn't. Just look at the Pct of repeat prisoners.(rec,rev something ism)
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Hoping that once certain miscreants get there that they are further brutalized by murderers and thieves is like admitting that our judicial system doesn't work.
After a fair trial, I am all for it.
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text> We might as well cut to the chase and go back to the lynch mobs of the old west and the south of the early 20th century.

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#90739 Sep 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Society's revenge is supposed to be putting people prison. Hoping that once certain miscreants get there that they are further brutalized by murderers and thieves is like admitting that our judicial system doesn't work. We might as well cut to the chase and go back to the lynch mobs of the old west and the south of the early 20th century.
I'm all for lynch mobs when our justice system protects the criminal instead of the victim.

Due punishment is not revenge; it's supposed to be a deterrent. And there is an easy fix to criminals getting brutalized by other prisoners. Obey the law in the first place.
A noted observer

Arlington Heights, IL

#90740 Sep 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
Society's revenge??? No such animal, it is called justice and sometimes simple incarceration is not justice enough
<quoted text>
It doesn't. Just look at the Pct of repeat prisoners.(rec,rev something ism)
<quoted text>
After a fair trial, I am all for it.
<quoted text>
Well, there should be a special place in prison (let's call it "general population") for people who cherry pick others posts.

I gather you are in favor of lynchings. I guess you assume you'll be part of the mob, rather than the target?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90741 Sep 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I was pretty scared at 1 a.m.! Unfortunately, I don't have juice or sugared sodas in the house, but those would be the easiest, fastest thing, I think, and preferable to taking a spoonful of sugar.
But I think I'll get prepared so if it happens again, I can have something handy. I'm going to see what the expiration date is on the juice boxes Nick buys his kids, and help myself to one or two to keep in my fridge.
Keep some candy in the night stand. Or maybe get some of those jelly packets from the restaurant and bring a few home and keep them there. Also honey is fast and easy.

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#90742 Sep 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Glad to hear you are feeling better after your episode, Redhead. Be kind to yourself :)

Location hidden

#90743 Sep 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I know you mean well but, we've got to stop this notion that prisoners are the ultimate/only *justice* in our society. Honestly, what kind of a *civilization* is that?
..Fiscally responsible?.....

Location hidden

#90744 Sep 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure the guards gave him the rope or belt or whatever he hung himself with.
Being the industrious "Can-do" guy that he was, Fox has reported, he used bed sheets.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,187
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr new yawk 1,153,943
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 3 hr susil bhai 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 3 hr joey 86
428 homicides in 2013 4 hr joey 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 8 hr Roxie Darling 361
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:17 am PST