Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90681 Sep 2, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
tomatoes. just picked a five gallon bucket full from my yard. too bad you all don't live closer. I'm generous with them. ;)
Thanks....But, if i lived in PF still, i would carry...lol...you don't live in the old neighborhood, eh? PF got so bad, if we go back up to Michigan....i think i might be better off passing on even seeing it....Do you can the tomatoes?....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90682 Sep 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Are you here in Florida?....It was 94 yesterday in West Palm....
Yup, Tampa area.
It was super hot but I lay in the shade and it was nice. By the river with a slight breeze.
Not bad.
Sticky and gross now, but worth it.

Not sure about guy still...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90683 Sep 3, 2013
Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TICCGOQG6V...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TBFL4C3GJ5...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Location hidden

#90684 Sep 3, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, Tampa area.
It was super hot but I lay in the shade and it was nice. By the river with a slight breeze.
Not bad.
Sticky and gross now, but worth it.
Not sure about guy still...
I do all my outside stuff, before 10-11 AM.....after that, i just lose focus and ambition.....today, i take part of by backyard, away from the encroaching jungle...lol...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90685 Sep 3, 2013
Read ABby at your own risk. Of boredom. Nothing but letters on volunteering and feeling good.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#90686 Sep 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks....But, if i lived in PF still, i would carry...lol...you don't live in the old neighborhood, eh? PF got so bad, if we go back up to Michigan....i think i might be better off passing on even seeing it....Do you can the tomatoes?....
No canning, mother earth I'm not. core, get seeds out, food processor, cook most liquid out, freeze.

The co-ops are taken care off. The houses, lots not so much.I still get lost around those winding streets, not that I go that often. Sometimes there's an estate sale I'll check out. But businesses are pretty scarce. The strip mall on Western and 26th has finally been torn down. Even Popeye's chicken closed.

Location hidden

#90687 Sep 3, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
No canning, mother earth I'm not. core, get seeds out, food processor, cook most liquid out, freeze.
The co-ops are taken care off. The houses, lots not so much.I still get lost around those winding streets, not that I go that often. Sometimes there's an estate sale I'll check out. But businesses are pretty scarce. The strip mall on Western and 26th has finally been torn down. Even Popeye's chicken closed.
Funny you mention Popeyes....Years ago on the national news, they had this black guy that was eating Popeye's chicken....when he thought, wait...he looked and he had eaten the fried upper half of a mouse....they even showed the remaing half....BRUTAL....I could never look at a Popeyes again...lol......I used to grow tomatoes, but down here being veggyland....they are everywhere....
old tyme poster

Arlington Heights, IL

#90688 Sep 3, 2013
This Topix sh!t's getting old, isn't it?

Location hidden

#90689 Sep 3, 2013
Kinda a clique, i guess.....whatever.....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#90690 Sep 3, 2013
What have I missed lately? Been out doin' shiz. Just met my next door neighbor for the first time in the 4+ years I've lived here. I'm half in the bag so I probably made a better impression than normal, heh.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90691 Sep 3, 2013

Location hidden

#90692 Sep 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Only thing that might have been better, would have been to put him in General Population, and let the prisoners do it....sure saved the taxpayers a lot.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90693 Sep 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Excellent.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90694 Sep 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Castro:

Thank you for saving your state's taxpayers a lot of money.

Sincerely,
Angela

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#90695 Sep 4, 2013
Yeah, but WTF. He put those women through the trial and then a month in to his bajillion year sentence, he offs himself? Don't get me wrong, the planet is better for it, but--those poor women. I just hope they each have a strong support system in place.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#90696 Sep 4, 2013
I think it proves what an absolute pussay he was.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#90697 Sep 4, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Yeah, but WTF. He put those women through the trial and then a month in to his bajillion year sentence, he offs himself? Don't get me wrong, the planet is better for it, but--those poor women. I just hope they each have a strong support system in place.
He didn't put them through a trial. He plead guilty. The hearing was for his sentencing

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#90698 Sep 4, 2013
I'll get the columns.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90699 Sep 4, 2013
Oh it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood...
Mimi Seattle wrote:

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90700 Sep 4, 2013
Wait! I meant, what a tragedy! Sure he did some awful things, but he was someone's child! What if his mother saw us gloating over his demise? I am sure he was the product of a broken environment, and its society's fault that we did not fix him. Its only billions of dollars people! Just think if we spent enough we could fix everyone. You all should do a little soul searching and think about your own small part is how that man turned out.

Oh, who am I kidding...
It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood...
Mimi Seattle wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amerikkkan gov bans bakesales 8 min real american 1
Need a business partner. 13 min real american 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Grey Ghost 1,141,399
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min loose cannon 180,605
quit quoting from bible 17 min hands on AR 1
Who were the biggest White Gangs? (Apr '10) 54 min hands on AR 42
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 1 hr hands on AR 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says