Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90437 Aug 28, 2013
he's not hot, but he's SO COOL and talented, I'd date him just to see how it went.

Location hidden

#90438 Aug 28, 2013
Heh I googled his wife, she's a redhead with glasses.

Jo Andres.

And she's not your usual Hollywood hottie many of the guys seem to get. She looks normal.

Location hidden

#90439 Aug 28, 2013
FINALLY have decided on what to contribute to the Labor Day potluck we do with the cabin next door. Usually there's a theme, but people have not gotten organized so it's sort of a free-for-all. I was going to do corn bread, but I'd have to make it tonight, and we don't have the party until Saturday -- it'd be too dry by then. Then we thought veggie tray, but I can't make a veggie tray without it costing at LEAST $20, which is more than I want to spend, especially when I won't eat raw veggies.

Then I suggested root beer floats and Nick loved it. Whew. No work, really, and people can fix their own. I just provide the fixings.

I won't eat root beer floats, either, but the kids will love 'em.

Location hidden

#90440 Aug 28, 2013
Holy crap. 14yo girl is raped by her teacher. Judge has decided that the girl was mentally older than 14 and is victim blaming.

http://www.twincities.com/breakingnews/ci_239...

Nevermind the fact that the girl killed herself at 16 while this was churning through the courts and the judge never met or spoke with her.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90441 Aug 28, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it probably would. I clicked off of it before I became too curious.
There are still some very old series, that are classics and i would watch.E.G Marshall's, The Defenders or Craig T. Nelson in, Call To Glory...Surprised some network has'nt started West Wing, again from the beginning...getting tired of the fake reality shows and Honey BooBoo...lol...Wonder what kind of $, er ratings...Carol Burnett Show...might get?.....
melobia

Ashburn, VA

#90443 Aug 28, 2013
Melobia from mexico thanks to Dr.tamazaki for bringing back my lover, my lover left me for my best friend until i saw Dr.tamazaki that help me bring him back to me. if you are in any kind of problem please contact or for you wnt to be pregnant contact Dr.tamazaki on his email address on tamazaki9@gmail.com or call Dr.tamazaki on his personal phone number on +2348185277879for more help.
Melobia

Location hidden

#90444 Aug 28, 2013
Melobhia, sad to tell you, that isn't your lover...HE CAME FROM A POD!!!!!!....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90445 Aug 28, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you loved him in an "oh god he's hot" kind of way, I'd be seriously concerned...
Right? Actually I've seen pictures of him when he was younger...20s-ish. His mouth was closed and his hair a bit longer, he wasn't all that bad. Not hot, but not bad.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90446 Aug 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
FINALLY have decided on what to contribute to the Labor Day potluck we do with the cabin next door. Usually there's a theme, but people have not gotten organized so it's sort of a free-for-all. I was going to do corn bread, but I'd have to make it tonight, and we don't have the party until Saturday -- it'd be too dry by then. Then we thought veggie tray, but I can't make a veggie tray without it costing at LEAST $20, which is more than I want to spend, especially when I won't eat raw veggies.
Then I suggested root beer floats and Nick loved it. Whew. No work, really, and people can fix their own. I just provide the fixings.
I won't eat root beer floats, either, but the kids will love 'em.
I almost always do mango salsa. I can make it a couple days ahead of time. I throw in a couple/few bags of chips (doritos, regular, lime...whatever strikes me at the time) and voila there it is. Inexpensive and barely any effort really.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90447 Aug 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Holy crap. 14yo girl is raped by her teacher. Judge has decided that the girl was mentally older than 14 and is victim blaming.
Nevermind the fact that the girl killed herself at 16 while this was churning through the courts and the judge never met or spoke with her.
Never would I support this, nor do I think the girl should be raked through the mud and the teacher excused.
I just want to offer some perspective from the inside. These kids are more aggressive than some realize. No, I do NOT condone this or use it to excuse, I just feel many teachers don't go into teaching to prey on youngsters.
For the girls, I think they get some attention and can't separate their emotions from the age of the person giving it. I have had 8th graders give me their freaking phone number before!! They are ridiculous. Obviously, I threw it away and handled it appropriately, but someone insecure and/or in an unhappy marriage would start to enjoy the attention and the lines would blur.

Again, please don't think I'm excusing it. I am not. I just want to offer it from another side.

Location hidden

#90448 Aug 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hard to believe, that scumbag got only 30 days....

Location hidden

#90449 Aug 28, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Never would I support this, nor do I think the girl should be raked through the mud and the teacher excused.
I just want to offer some perspective from the inside. These kids are more aggressive than some realize. No, I do NOT condone this or use it to excuse, I just feel many teachers don't go into teaching to prey on youngsters.
For the girls, I think they get some attention and can't separate their emotions from the age of the person giving it. I have had 8th graders give me their freaking phone number before!! They are ridiculous. Obviously, I threw it away and handled it appropriately, but someone insecure and/or in an unhappy marriage would start to enjoy the attention and the lines would blur.
Again, please don't think I'm excusing it. I am not. I just want to offer it from another side.
I worked with a guy who was a girls' volleyball coach. He told me that junior and high school girls behaved in a way to elicit a response from him, and some were VERY provocative, Including removing clothing or trying to initiate conversations about sex to the degree that he had a strict rule: Never be alone in a room with any of the girls. Ever. And the entire gymnasium was included in that "room" rule.

And he said there was one consistency among them: The most poorly behaving girls did not have still-married parents. He saw their behavior as a result of not having a loving, involved dad in their lives to show them how men should treat women and how women should behave toward men.

Location hidden

#90450 Aug 28, 2013
yes, I'm partly blaming their dads, but I do know that there are moms who keep their exes away from their kids and use the court system to do it. I feel for those guys who spend allt heir time and money just trying to be in their kids' lives.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90451 Aug 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
yes, I'm partly blaming their dads, but I do know that there are moms who keep their exes away from their kids and use the court system to do it. I feel for those guys who spend allt heir time and money just trying to be in their kids' lives.
you should check out the video I posted last night.
If not, here are the highlights:
-dad brings kids back after visitation
-14 year old does not want to get out of the car
-dad videoing the incident
-she accuses dad of poisoning him(verbally) and that's why he does not want to get out of car
-kid tries to remain calm through whole thing
-mom saying if dad wants more time in the custody arrangement, he can go to the judge.
-dad don't have the money to go thru all the legal proceedings, willing to work out something with her, but she's not having it
-while talking to the kid, she refers to the new husband(in the background) as dad and refers to dad by his name
-she has the attitude that things are great then he goes to his dad's and comes back different, to which he responds that's not true and that they fight every night when he's there and there's no fighting at dad's
-accuses her of hitting him and jacking him up against the wall with her hand on his throat during one argument(cops were there at that point at her request)
-she tried using his siblings to guilt him into getting out of the car
-claims she does not feel he's safe at the father's house even for visitation(and she claimed HE was poisoning the kid on her)

End result, cops said this is a civil matter. We can't force him out of the car, and when she tried to force her way in and open the car, kid rolled the window up on her arm and blocked her. Cops then said if it continued down that road, it would become a domestic disturbance and at that point he definitely would not be able to stay there. Cops told dad he was free to leave with the kid.

Like I said, it was a long video, and even though I jumped through it, it was still very interesting.

Location hidden

#90452 Aug 28, 2013
I forgot about that, I meant to go back and watch it (no sound on my work computer). Thanks for the summary.

I don't think I normally make big generalizations based on gender, but I think women/mothers are more threatened by sharing custody than men/dads are. I know there are men who are complete sh*ts about the divorce and custody, but I think a majority of the hell raisers are moms.

/end sexist rant

Location hidden

#90453 Aug 28, 2013
Thank god taht kid has his dad. Mom is not parenting the teen well.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#90454 Aug 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thank god taht kid has his dad. Mom is not parenting the teen well.
I will admit, I watched it thru the biased eyes of a father. I imagine, a woman (Stina maybe since she's got the divorced single mother perspective) might be less sympathetic toward the father and identify with the woman in the video. I don't doubt she loves her son and having him not want to live with her was likely ripping her heart out.

Location hidden

#90455 Aug 28, 2013
I think Stina seems like someone who would think, "What? You want to be in our kid's life and contribute to her upbringing in every way? Praise the lord, I have some HELP in all this."

i await her affirmation or correction.:)

Location hidden

#90456 Aug 28, 2013
I think Stina also would identify more with the *reasonable* parent, not by gender, since she seems reasonable. I mean, I remember a couple of negative things about her ex, and we all vent in here about someone close to us/in our lives, but it's not like she's gone ragey on him in here. That tells me she's a reasonable person, and a reasonable person to co-parent with.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#90457 Aug 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I think Stina also would identify more with the *reasonable* parent, not by gender, since she seems reasonable. I mean, I remember a couple of negative things about her ex, and we all vent in here about someone close to us/in our lives, but it's not like she's gone ragey on him in here. That tells me she's a reasonable person, and a reasonable person to co-parent with.
My point was that I only got to see this exchange. I have no idea the history. Meaning someone with a different perspective may have more experience with an ex that's good at manipulating the situation to make himself out to be the innocent one and make the ex look bad when that's not the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,144,515
Last Chance! 8 min Harem 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min wojar 180,981
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 2 hr Imasport 142
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 48,599
Ferguson protests move to retail stores 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 4 hr 1-5-11-17 MISSING 15
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]