Comments
89,021 - 89,040 of 97,931 Comments Last updated 37 min ago

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#90373 Aug 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
sorry for this image, but yesterday, I was just sitting at my computer and I could feel the sweat running down my skin. I finally got up, closed all the blinds (they were mostly closed, but a few were still open at the bottom so the cats could look out and watch stuff), took a COOL shower, then just never got dressed the rest of the night. I did that a couple more times -- cool shower, then just didn't bother getting dressed. No one can see in, and at least I wasn't creating more laundry (I had already gone through three changes of clothes at that point).
I just came in from watering again, therefore the rant, but I can understand your discomfort at home without a/c.

people want to know why I left az. heat, that's why.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#90374 Aug 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
What's everyone's heat/weather today? I feel like I'm competing with the Floridians! 95 or so today, with a 105 or so heat index. I have a double header softball game tonight.
I also spilled lemon sauce on my cute, expensive J. Jill tank top and all over my cute capris. So now i"m in black cotton athletic shorts and a low-cut orange tank top. Yikes, but at least I had clean clothes to put on.
It's hot. I told someone in the elevator this morning (and it wasn't even that bad yet) that I felt like I was swimming instead of walking. The air is very thick.

We're definitely going to the beach tonight. The water temp. is a bracing 74 degrees. I made it in up to my butt yesterday and that was enough to cool me down. But what's actually better is being hugged by a cold child; perfect for both of us.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90375 Aug 27, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
it's friggin hot hot hot here, and I hate hate hate it.
I also wish I could bury the word "awesome" six feet under and never hear it again.
there, i feel better now.
That's where people really misunderstand Florida. we never see temperatures like some in the midwest have, this summer....92 tops, and alway's a breeze, in this area...from Fort Pierce to Miami, always a breeze....Down here, we've become artists at going from our AC'd home, in our AC'd car, To our AC'd job or shopping.....I still miss Fall, but hope never to see snow again....lol....It's Awesome...oh, sorry....

Location hidden

#90376 Aug 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no clue about it until I was in college and guy friends talked about it. I have to assume that 18yo women going off to college have no idea how lucky they are, just this once, to not have a penis.
;)
(I think if men are drafted, women should be drafted.)
I agree, if they truly want sexual equality....BTW, the way to solve sexual harassment and attacks is....SEPARATE DIVISIONS...EVEN WHOLE FORTS....Problem solved.....
Mimi

United States

#90377 Aug 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
What's everyone's heat/weather today? I feel like I'm competing with the Floridians! 95 or so today, with a 105 or so heat index. I have a double header softball game tonight.
I also spilled lemon sauce on my cute, expensive J. Jill tank top and all over my cute capris. So now i"m in black cotton athletic shorts and a low-cut orange tank top. Yikes, but at least I had clean clothes to put on.
75 but its been overcast all day so the heat's trapped and i have a headache. Clouds are starting to ho away and a breeze is starting...par for the course here. Im right ny (not on, by) the water so all this trapped heat will go away in a bit.
Mimi

United States

#90378 Aug 27, 2013
Ahem.... MARRIED 4 times, WIDOWED 1 time, DIVORCED 1 time, ANNULLED 1 time.

Just to set the record straight. I mean i know the mutt knows all but really i think I'm kind of the resident expert on MY matrimonial history.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#90379 Aug 27, 2013
Mimi wrote:
Ahem.... MARRIED 4 times, WIDOWED 1 time, DIVORCED 1 time, ANNULLED 1 time.
Just to set the record straight. I mean i know the mutt knows all but really i think I'm kind of the resident expert on MY matrimonial history.
cannot say this enough. he's so wrong in so many ways.

by the way, thanks for the refresher course about the vietnam war. I was in my 20's and knew it was so wrong. wanted to go downtown during the dnc but had two little ones to deal with.
husband worked there at night so experienced the mayhem.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#90380 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Again with this. How do you know today's 3rd graders have more intelligence than grown men from 2000 years ago? Have we unearthed some ancient ACT test found on a stone tablet?
Ask any 3rd grader why you wash your hands and what can happen if you don't. Ask grown men from 2000 years ago why folks get sick and they would blame it on an invisible man in the sky ... Nuff said.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90381 Aug 27, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way, thanks for the refresher course about the vietnam war. I was in my 20's and knew it was so wrong. wanted to go downtown during the dnc but had two little ones to deal with.
husband worked there at night so experienced the mayhem.
Summer of 68 I was between Freshman and sophomore years in college. I was taking classes at the Art Institute which is in the middle of Grant Park and taking Trigonometry at Loyola which is in the middle f Rush Street just down the street from the Armory . All week I went from hippie camp out protests to hungover conventioneers interspersed with the Guard in jeeps with barbed wire on the back cruising near Holy Name Cathedral and north Michigan Ave.

Been there. Done that. Drove my parents nuts especially my father who is an ex Chicago cop. At least one of their friends was hurt in the melee.

Then back to CU for more, but not quite the same.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90382 Aug 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Ask any 3rd grader why you wash your hands and what can happen if you don't. Ask grown men from 2000 years ago why folks get sick and they would blame it on an invisible man in the sky ... Nuff said.
I don't think it's near "nuff" at all. Have you... actually ASKED grown men from 2000 years ago?

I'm asking how you KNOW all this. Do you have a legitimate answer? Or is all this just your opinion?

Location hidden

#90383 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with this. How do you know today's 3rd graders have more intelligence than grown men from 2000 years ago?
I also didn't say intelligence ... I said worldly knowledge. Knowledge is a component of intelligence, but intelligence is much more than just knowledge, IMO.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#90384 Aug 27, 2013
dahgts wrote:
I cannot say THIS enough: How so?

Okay, so she was married four times instead of five. Boy, I was WAY off!

What else you got?

Location hidden

#90385 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's near "nuff" at all. Have you... actually ASKED grown men from 2000 years ago?
I'm asking how you KNOW all this. Do you have a legitimate answer? Or is all this just your opinion?

This is a classic Russell's Teapot situation.

How do you know there is not an invisible unicorn/dragon hybrid that poops rainbow skittles who lives the center of the earth? Have you actually gone there and looked for it?

If you submit this beast does not exist, I'm asking how you KNOW there is not such an invisible unicorn/dragon hybrid? Do you have a legitimate answer? Or if you disagree, is that just your opinion?

Nice try, buddy, but your line of thinking was discredited long ago by Bertrand Russell (you've probably never heard of him but suffice it to say he was 10000% times more intelligent than you will ever be):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teap...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#90386 Aug 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I also didn't say intelligence ... I said worldly knowledge. Knowledge is a component of intelligence, but intelligence is much more than just knowledge, IMO.
Oh, yes, WORLDLY knowledge. Not to be confused with intelligence.

Five hundred years ago, people thought the earth was flat. By your logic, today's third graders have more WORLDLY knowledge than adults from five hundred years ago. So what's your point?

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#90387 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot say THIS enough: How so?
Okay, so she was married four times instead of five. Boy, I was WAY off!
What else you got?
my expected life span is too short to enumerate all of them.

Location hidden

#90388 Aug 27, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Summer of 68 I was between Freshman and sophomore years in college. I was taking classes at the Art Institute which is in the middle of Grant Park and taking Trigonometry at Loyola which is in the middle f Rush Street just down the street from the Armory . All week I went from hippie camp out protests to hungover conventioneers interspersed with the Guard in jeeps with barbed wire on the back cruising near Holy Name Cathedral and north Michigan Ave.
Been there. Done that. Drove my parents nuts especially my father who is an ex Chicago cop. At least one of their friends was hurt in the melee.
Then back to CU for more, but not quite the same.
Grew up with a kid in Park Forest, whose dad was a manager at the Conrad Hilton...He told us about the Weathermen renting a suite, then starting a bonfire on this uber expensive persian rug and dropping paper bags of feces from their window onto the cops.....I handed out literature for Robert Kennedy, that summer...i was 16....Really hurt, when he was killed....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#90389 Aug 27, 2013
dahgts wrote:
my expected life span is too short to enumerate all of them.
Another non answer backed up with nothing. Big surprise....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#90390 Aug 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a classic Russell's Teapot situation.
How do you know there is not an invisible unicorn/dragon hybrid that poops rainbow skittles who lives the center of the earth? Have you actually gone there and looked for it?
If you submit this beast does not exist, I'm asking how you KNOW there is not such an invisible unicorn/dragon hybrid? Do you have a legitimate answer? Or if you disagree, is that just your opinion?
Nice try, buddy, but your line of thinking was discredited long ago by Bertrand Russell (you've probably never heard of him but suffice it to say he was 10000% times more intelligent than you will ever be):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teap...
Nice attempt at deflection (okay, not really). I wasn't asking you to prove God's non-existence, I was asking you to prove what men thought about washing their hands 2000 years ago.

And since you've deflected from the subject so awkwardly, I'll play your little game.

I'm well aware of Bertrand Russell. What I always find ironic about atheists, is they claim their belief requires no proof, but demand believers provide proof for theirs. Isn't that ironic?

Location hidden

#90391 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes, WORLDLY knowledge. Not to be confused with intelligence.
Five hundred years ago, people thought the earth was flat. By your logic, today's third graders have more WORLDLY knowledge than adults from five hundred years ago. So what's your point?
They do have more worldly knowledge! That's why 500 years ago folks were burning witches at the stake and blaming plagues and famines on acts of god. Yet folks like you still choose to live your lives according to their superstitious and supernatural beliefs, without in iota of proof that the invisible man who they believed exists, actually exists!

Location hidden

#90392 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice attempt at deflection (okay, not really). I wasn't asking you to prove God's non-existence, I was asking you to prove what men thought about washing their hands 2000 years ago.
It's the same flawed logic, asking me to prove the nonexistence of the absurd and submitting that since I can't go back in time and unproven something that is absurd it is reasonable to conclude that the absurd exists. It would be like you submitting than men 2000 years ago knew how to construct Kevlar armor or build the space shuttle, and then when I can't go back in time and prove this, submitting that it's logical to conclude that they actually did know how to construct Kevlar armor and build the space shuttle, even though there is not one iota of proof to support such a ridiculous contention.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>What I always find ironic about atheists, is they claim their belief requires no proof, but demand believers provide proof for theirs. Isn't that ironic?
You obviously don't understand the point of Russell's teapot, then. The point is, if someone is going to suggest something absurd exists, like an invisible omnipresent being who controls everything that happens on the earth, the burden should be on them to show at the very least a modicum of proof that it exists. To adopt a logic that is contrary to this results in the the situation I proposed, where it suddenly becomes logical to believe there is a unicorn/dragon hybrid in the center of the earth, because after all, you can't prove that there is not!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 68,977
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Karma is a_______ 1,100,123
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Dale 177,369
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 29 min peter osterman 7
Abby 8-29 48 min Julie 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Paco Pinto 4,666
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Duane Mills 49,476
Amy 8-29 3 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search