Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That threat of eternal damnation keeps people in line. Sometimes.
Exactly. That is precisely why it is used as a threat.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
A fence straddler. One of those that says ... Not going to say there is a GOD and not going to say there isn't a GOD ... probably unknowable... Bleh!
How do you know there is a god? Even if there is a god, how do you know it is god as you believe him to be. You don't. No one knows.

It's not knowable. You act like acknowledging this and operating accordingly is such a bad thing. Since when is acting logically such a bad thing?

Far better to acknowledge this and operate accordingly than to pretend you do know something you can't possibly know and operate accordingly.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know there is a god? Even if there is a god, how do you know it is god as you believe him to be. You don't. No one knows.
It's not knowable. You act like acknowledging this and operating accordingly is such a bad thing. Since when is acting logically such a bad thing?
Far better to acknowledge this and operate accordingly than to pretend you do know something you can't possibly know and operate accordingly.
I took what Hatti said as a statement, not as a judgment.

What someone does or does not believe is personal and something intangible and difficult for someone else to realize or imagine.

Plus, it hurts no one. It's when people use their beliefs, faith, and even non-belief (whatever you want to call it) for control or labelling when I see it is bad. Otherwise, whatever floats your boat.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Just to be a hateful bitch (who by the way has a man tyvm) will someone please tell the mutt to quit talking to me? Thanks. I love you guys!:D

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I do disagree with your assessment of Mimi but I am wondering -- what does "who can't keep a man" mean? I read that post of yours and all i can think is -- this is a guy who has never been married to my knowledge and is begging for dates.
And I might point out you have no idea what Mimi's personal relationships are like.
It's because I've been married 4 times. First one we were kids (17 and 18) and who didn't know that would flame (lol no pun intended) out when he realized he was gay and I realized I just wanted out of the damn house. Second one lasted 19 years..until he died. Third one..I have no idea what I was thinking. Fourth (and current) one is going on a decade. But yeah, it's me.
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

I know you are hampered by a slow intellect, so I will make this simple for you.

1. Obama did not serve in the military.

2. Obama turned 18 after the draft ended, so he had no draft to avoid.

3. I will take someone who chose not to volunteer when the U.S. was at peace over some coward who dodged the draft during war time any day.

4.The ony ones who refer to Obama as "messiah" are teabaggers like yourself. Don't forget tp cry into your beer when you meet up with your fellow teabaggers about how unfair the world is to you.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Now who's being the cry baby? You want me to run off and start a different thread because you can't handle the truth about your Messiah? My question WASN'T answered. By anyone. I never asked about the draft, I asked about bamma's military service. You people want to criticize Bush's service, but want to ignore the fact your Great One never served at all.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I do disagree with your assessment of Mimi but I am wondering -- what does "who can't keep a man" mean? I read that post of yours and all i can think is -- this is a guy who has never been married to my knowledge and is begging for dates.
And I might point out you have no idea what Mimi's personal relationships are like.
You're right about him, he's never been married but professes to be an expert...same thing with parenting.

He has his panties in a bunch because I am fed up with tolerating him...I don't suffer idiots (ahem) well and after several years of this, I'm done trying to play nice and have an intellectual discourse with someone so obviously lacking in that area. So yeah to him I am abitch, but if I were speaking to him, I would say "I'm sorry that we are "breaking up" dude, it's not me, it's you."

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Now that they are committing to let women serve in combat roles, I dont think it's far off. The IDF has women in combat positions.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no clue about it until I was in college and guy friends talked about it. I have to assume that 18yo women going off to college have no idea how lucky they are, just this once, to not have a penis.
;)
(I think if men are drafted, women should be drafted.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Just to be a hateful bitch (who by the way has a man tyvm) will someone please tell the mutt to quit talking to me? Thanks. I love you guys!:D
I'll tell him to quit talking to you, if you tell Toj to quit talking to me. Deal?:p

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

I dont care what they do as long as they aint bothering me with it.

Oh, and no clubbing seals,kittens or puppies.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
I dont care what they do as long as they aint bothering me with it.
Oh, and no clubbing seals,kittens or puppies.
<quoted text>
I agree with your first statement.:p

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

What's everyone's heat/weather today? I feel like I'm competing with the Floridians! 95 or so today, with a 105 or so heat index. I have a double header softball game tonight.

I also spilled lemon sauce on my cute, expensive J. Jill tank top and all over my cute capris. So now i"m in black cotton athletic shorts and a low-cut orange tank top. Yikes, but at least I had clean clothes to put on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

I am an atheist. It took me a long time to be able to say that, but I"ve been saying it about a year now.

I said "Agnostic" for a while because it seemed so arrogant to say in EITHER direction -- that you know there's a god or that there isn't.

But I realized over time that I"m not agnostic. I think for many atheists, agnosticism is a transition from when you were raised to believe in god and other similar stuff.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
What's everyone's heat/weather today? I feel like I'm competing with the Floridians! 95 or so today, with a 105 or so heat index. I have a double header softball game tonight.
I also spilled lemon sauce on my cute, expensive J. Jill tank top and all over my cute capris. So now i"m in black cotton athletic shorts and a low-cut orange tank top. Yikes, but at least I had clean clothes to put on.
it's friggin hot hot hot here, and I hate hate hate it.
I also wish I could bury the word "awesome" six feet under and never hear it again.
there, i feel better now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

dahgts, I overuse AWESOME both in speech and in internet posts/emails. I'm sorry. I 'm aware of it though, but I seem unable to stop.

I have eliminated "that's what she said" though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

sorry for this image, but yesterday, I was just sitting at my computer and I could feel the sweat running down my skin. I finally got up, closed all the blinds (they were mostly closed, but a few were still open at the bottom so the cats could look out and watch stuff), took a COOL shower, then just never got dressed the rest of the night. I did that a couple more times -- cool shower, then just didn't bother getting dressed. No one can see in, and at least I wasn't creating more laundry (I had already gone through three changes of clothes at that point).
edogxxx

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
folks with less wordly knowledge than today's average 3rd grader REALLY knew the key to the afterlife and whether it exists.
Again with this. How do you know today's 3rd graders have more intelligence than grown men from 2000 years ago? Have we unearthed some ancient ACT test found on a stone tablet?
edogxxx

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Toj wrote:
Well, why did you bring it up?
Um... I didn't. YOU did. Heat getting to you today?
Toj wrote:
And how did you serve your country in the military. You didn't answer.
Because this isn't about me nor is my service relevant to the discussion.

But anyway....

United States Air Force 1997-1999
edogxxx

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
Some of us have been around here for a few years. I happen to know Mimi has been married and divorced at least five times.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOVE Newsroom. The writing, acting, everything is done well. I don't have HBO and watched the first season for free On Demand. I gotta get HBO. It's worth it just for that series.
Yeah....Newsroom is the best new show in years, this season should be even better, since we know who everyone is now....lol...If you get HBO, checkout, Boardwalk Empire....it's kinda unique, fascinating about bootlegging in the 20's....Steve Buscemi is a great actor, i think....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min CUT TO THE CHEESE 1,099,283
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min More Important Th... 49,409
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 177,272
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 68,922
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 19 min newpoly 1,902
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min danetoo 68,338
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 58 min TW_sugar_daddio 30
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info