Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Now who's being the cry baby? You want me to run off and start a different thread because you can't handle the truth about your Messiah? My question WASN'T answered. By anyone. I never asked about the draft, I asked about bamma's military service. You people want to criticize Bush's service, but want to ignore the fact your Great One never served at all.
There was no draft. How did you serve in the miltary?

I didn't realize that when there isn't a draft men are still required to serve to be considered a good person. When did this start?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

I think she was referring to how he treated his (then) wife.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Kerry's own men who served under him -- including die-hard Republicans -- praise his military service.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> But judging by how she blames everyone else for everything already, would it be that much of a stretch for her to blame you for losing it while it was at your house? Threw it out by accident? Whatever? Me thinks that if anything turns up missing, she will find someone else to blame regardless of who moved her stuff and when, so there really might be nothing to gain by waiting for her to claim her stuff.
I think you hit the nail on the head. She is likely to blame them anyway, no matter what. Might as well just get it out of the house and reclaim their lives IMO.

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

IXSatanXI wrote:
What the world?
like, lik, meh maybe you're thinking about liking licking?

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can choose to follow a book written by such folks if you wish, but it doesn't make what I say any less untrue.
He's is stupid. I won't even talk to him anymore because he is so stupid.

YOU however are correct. It is a collection of writings from oral histories that were compiled around the 4th century into an acceptable version of an "official" bible, however the stories, rules, laws, etc are bronze/iron age, a time when people had no understanding (to speak of) of how the physical universe works. Plant a seed and it grows. Ok, easy enough, but they didn't understand how or why, it "just did." The "just did" mentality was applied to everything in their lives because they didn't know the stuff we know now.

Ergo, ignore him, he's a doosh.

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I wasn't answering YOU, and I was answering a comment/question about Bush.
Just being a stupid retard, eh? Typical REpublican.
Why waste the effort typing to him?(._.)

You're just beating your head against the wall (metaphorically speaking...).

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely am criticizing G.W. Bush for his pathetic excuse of military service, mainly because he tried to play it up later on. If he'd just said "I avoided going to Viet Nam because I COULD," i would respect that honesty. Just like Viet Nam vets said about Clinton using college to avoid the draft -- "if he'd just admitted he avoided going to war, I'd respect that."
Right? The thing is ok he joined the national guard...lots of people did. If my son had been drafted, I can't say that I wouldn't have sent him out of the country, so I get it.

The thing IS, even though he joined the TX air national guard, he didn't even show up to do that, he just did what he wanted and never reported for duty. His family's money got him off...anyone else would have been charged with desertion. THEN he has the gall to act like he DID something?

Fuckhim just for that alone, add in all the other vile stuff he did, fuckhim in the ear, he is a waste of oxygen and I hope he and Cheney and Rice and the whole lot of them get tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity and I hope the impeach him retroactively!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

With distinction?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you serve in the miltary?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Well, we know you are!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
like, lik, meh maybe you're thinking about liking licking?

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
We all agree that respect is earned not given, but apparently the creator is nothing more than a school yard bully demanding respect from us or he will punch us in the nose.
<quoted text>
I'm stealing this.

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no draft. How did you serve in the miltary?
I didn't realize that when there isn't a draft men are still required to serve to be considered a good person. When did this start?
Only in the Teapublikins world can you attack someone for not doing something they weren't required to do and praise someone (Bush Jr) for not doing something (showing up to actually work in the national guard) they *are* required to do because they can get out of it because of who their family is.

The thing these freaking idiots don't understand is that all of these conservativefucks that they so endorse don't giveashit about them; they care only for their own bank accounts and the bank accounts of their corporate sponsors, yet they will still spew all of the vile BS that faux (i won't say "news" because they are anything BUT) tells them is true.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
With distinction?
<quoted text>
I dunno. Did you? I don't doubt it. But I was asking edog.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the Teapublikins world can you attack someone for not doing something they weren't required to do and praise someone (Bush Jr) for not doing something (showing up to actually work in the national guard) they *are* required to do because they can get out of it because of who their family is.
The thing these freaking idiots don't understand is that all of these conservativefucks that they so endorse don't giveashit about them; they care only for their own bank accounts and the bank accounts of their corporate sponsors, yet they will still spew all of the vile BS that faux (i won't say "news" because they are anything BUT) tells them is true.
True dat.(I put in the Chicago accent.)

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly, possibly not.
I'm agnostic. Could be there is an afterlife (although I very much doubt it is what any religion made, controlled, and corrupted by man thinks it is)... could be there is nothing and you just die, without any spiritual consciousness to know whether you were right or wrong about your thoughts on the matter. I have no idea and don't pretend to know such things.
A fence straddler. One of those that says ... Not going to say there is a GOD and not going to say there isn't a GOD ... probably unknowable... Bleh!

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
I believe you are incorrect.
I think it means that you respect out of fear, which is not really respect at all, and I cannot fathom why an Omnipotent being would need to garner my respect using fear.
Why do we apply such human egotistical frailty's on a creator, a God?
We all agree that respect is earned not given, but apparently the creator is nothing more than a school yard bully demanding respect from us or he will punch us in the nose.
<quoted text>
In that context ... "fear" .. means reverence.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sublime, I didn't know you were a bible thumper!
:-P
I respect other people's right to believe what they wish (was out to breakfast on a trip a few weeks ago and one of the guys asked to say a grace before we ate, which was fine with me ... I'm not militant about it), but if folks are going to spout off about how wise they are as believers or project an air of superiority for being "god fearing," I think it's fair game to respond.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU however are correct. It is a collection of writings from oral histories that were compiled around the 4th century into an acceptable version of an "official" bible, however the stories, rules, laws, etc are bronze/iron age, a time when people had no understanding (to speak of) of how the physical universe works. Plant a seed and it grows. Ok, easy enough, but they didn't understand how or why, it "just did." The "just did" mentality was applied to everything in their lives because they didn't know the stuff we know now.
You are exactly correct ... I don't even understand how anyone could say this is not true.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Glad you think so, but I am not. In this context, "fear" doesn't mean literal fear.

So the rest of your argument is bunk.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Toj wrote:
Who said they did?

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
I think it means that you respect out of fear, which is not really respect at all, and I cannot fathom why an Omnipotent being would need to garner my respect using fear.
Why do we apply such human egotistical frailty's on a creator, a God?
<quoted text>
All organized religions prey on folks fear of eternal damnation, Race.

I refuse to believe a god would give me a brain that thinks critically and then punish me for using it and questioning whether folks with less wordly knowledge than today's average 3rd grader REALLY knew the key to the afterlife and whether it exists. Especially considering it is a fact that there are things in that book that we know for a fact are not true ... like the story of genesis.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min THE DEVIL 1,082,383
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Dale 174,964
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,408
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 48 min skwirts 3,835
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,847
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 474
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,052
Amy 7-28 7 hr Sublime1 16
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000