“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90333 Aug 27, 2013
Well, we know you are!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
like, lik, meh maybe you're thinking about liking licking?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90334 Aug 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
We all agree that respect is earned not given, but apparently the creator is nothing more than a school yard bully demanding respect from us or he will punch us in the nose.
<quoted text>
I'm stealing this.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90335 Aug 27, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no draft. How did you serve in the miltary?
I didn't realize that when there isn't a draft men are still required to serve to be considered a good person. When did this start?
Only in the Teapublikins world can you attack someone for not doing something they weren't required to do and praise someone (Bush Jr) for not doing something (showing up to actually work in the national guard) they *are* required to do because they can get out of it because of who their family is.

The thing these freaking idiots don't understand is that all of these conservativefucks that they so endorse don't giveashit about them; they care only for their own bank accounts and the bank accounts of their corporate sponsors, yet they will still spew all of the vile BS that faux (i won't say "news" because they are anything BUT) tells them is true.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#90336 Aug 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
With distinction?
<quoted text>
I dunno. Did you? I don't doubt it. But I was asking edog.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#90337 Aug 27, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the Teapublikins world can you attack someone for not doing something they weren't required to do and praise someone (Bush Jr) for not doing something (showing up to actually work in the national guard) they *are* required to do because they can get out of it because of who their family is.
The thing these freaking idiots don't understand is that all of these conservativefucks that they so endorse don't giveashit about them; they care only for their own bank accounts and the bank accounts of their corporate sponsors, yet they will still spew all of the vile BS that faux (i won't say "news" because they are anything BUT) tells them is true.
True dat.(I put in the Chicago accent.)

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

#90338 Aug 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly, possibly not.
I'm agnostic. Could be there is an afterlife (although I very much doubt it is what any religion made, controlled, and corrupted by man thinks it is)... could be there is nothing and you just die, without any spiritual consciousness to know whether you were right or wrong about your thoughts on the matter. I have no idea and don't pretend to know such things.
A fence straddler. One of those that says ... Not going to say there is a GOD and not going to say there isn't a GOD ... probably unknowable... Bleh!

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

#90339 Aug 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
I believe you are incorrect.
I think it means that you respect out of fear, which is not really respect at all, and I cannot fathom why an Omnipotent being would need to garner my respect using fear.
Why do we apply such human egotistical frailty's on a creator, a God?
We all agree that respect is earned not given, but apparently the creator is nothing more than a school yard bully demanding respect from us or he will punch us in the nose.
<quoted text>
In that context ... "fear" .. means reverence.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#90340 Aug 27, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sublime, I didn't know you were a bible thumper!
:-P
I respect other people's right to believe what they wish (was out to breakfast on a trip a few weeks ago and one of the guys asked to say a grace before we ate, which was fine with me ... I'm not militant about it), but if folks are going to spout off about how wise they are as believers or project an air of superiority for being "god fearing," I think it's fair game to respond.

Location hidden

#90341 Aug 27, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU however are correct. It is a collection of writings from oral histories that were compiled around the 4th century into an acceptable version of an "official" bible, however the stories, rules, laws, etc are bronze/iron age, a time when people had no understanding (to speak of) of how the physical universe works. Plant a seed and it grows. Ok, easy enough, but they didn't understand how or why, it "just did." The "just did" mentality was applied to everything in their lives because they didn't know the stuff we know now.
You are exactly correct ... I don't even understand how anyone could say this is not true.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#90342 Aug 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
Glad you think so, but I am not. In this context, "fear" doesn't mean literal fear.

So the rest of your argument is bunk.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#90343 Aug 27, 2013
Toj wrote:
I didn't realize that when there isn't a draft men are still required to serve to be considered a good person. When did this start?
Who said they did?

Location hidden

#90344 Aug 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
I think it means that you respect out of fear, which is not really respect at all, and I cannot fathom why an Omnipotent being would need to garner my respect using fear.
Why do we apply such human egotistical frailty's on a creator, a God?
<quoted text>
All organized religions prey on folks fear of eternal damnation, Race.

I refuse to believe a god would give me a brain that thinks critically and then punish me for using it and questioning whether folks with less wordly knowledge than today's average 3rd grader REALLY knew the key to the afterlife and whether it exists. Especially considering it is a fact that there are things in that book that we know for a fact are not true ... like the story of genesis.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#90345 Aug 27, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
He's is stupid.
he's a doosh.
And YOU are a hate-filled btch who can't keep a man.

Oh, the fact you're telling everyone you're ignoring me is such a bruise to my ego.

Guess what? NO ONE CARES! So get over yourself.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#90346 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they did?
Well, why did you bring it up?

And how did you serve your country in the military. You didn't answer.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90347 Aug 27, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no draft. How did you serve in the miltary?
However, men ages 18-25 still have to register for the draft or lose out on financial aid for college.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90348 Aug 27, 2013
Hmmmmm...
mutt says fear = respect
you say fear = reverence....

Nope, I call that fear = fear and if they had meant "respect" or "reverence" they would have used those words instead (I believe they are used elsewhere in that book)
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
In that context ... "fear" .. means reverence.

Location hidden

#90349 Aug 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All organized religions prey on folks fear of eternal damnation, Race.
I refuse to believe a god would give me a brain that thinks critically and then punish me for using it and questioning whether folks with less wordly knowledge than today's average 3rd grader REALLY knew the key to the afterlife and whether it exists. Especially considering it is a fact that there are things in that book that we know for a fact are not true ... like the story of genesis.
That threat of eternal damnation keeps people in line. Sometimes.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#90350 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU are a hate-filled btch who can't keep a man.
Oh, the fact you're telling everyone you're ignoring me is such a bruise to my ego.
Guess what? NO ONE CARES! So get over yourself.
I do disagree with your assessment of Mimi but I am wondering -- what does "who can't keep a man" mean? I read that post of yours and all i can think is -- this is a guy who has never been married to my knowledge and is begging for dates.

And I might point out you have no idea what Mimi's personal relationships are like.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#90351 Aug 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
However, men ages 18-25 still have to register for the draft or lose out on financial aid for college.
Yes. I have a kid that had to register.

Location hidden

#90352 Aug 27, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I have a kid that had to register.
I had no clue about it until I was in college and guy friends talked about it. I have to assume that 18yo women going off to college have no idea how lucky they are, just this once, to not have a penis.

;)

(I think if men are drafted, women should be drafted.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Incognito4Ever 1,109,407
Fun 17 min Just4funinsun 1
Amy 9-16 18 min NWmoon 32
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min LRS 177,988
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 46,605
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 1 hr Weneedchange 150
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 615
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••