“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#90317 Aug 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
any less true, that is
Hey Sublime, I didn't know you were a bible thumper!

:-P

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

#90318 Aug 27, 2013
IXSatanXI wrote:
<quoted text>You will lik it here Mr. G. I watch, but don't often comment.
Brother! Good to see you.

“Do unto others before”

Since: Apr 10

They do unto you

#90319 Aug 27, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>Morning, GW.
I stay out of most of that.
I don't want to offend any of my friends or start a war.
Nothing comes between friends as religion or politics.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90320 Aug 27, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I get that, and I agree. Lying is not the way to go with an issue such as that. It's like saying "I did not inhale". lol. But whether you like the way he served or not, he served.
What about Kerry? I find what he did despicable. It's all a matter of opinion and sides, and the polarization of America. I caution all of us not to buy too deeply into what I consider propaganda at this point.
What? Kerry's own men who served under him -- including die-hard Republicans -- praise his military service.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#90321 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
In this context "fear" means respect.
Not picking on your in particular, but the world in general. Drives me nuts how people mistake fear for respect. It's 2 different things.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#90322 Aug 27, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Her response was appropriate to a thread that BEGAN with a comment about Bush. Thefore, any comment about Bush's "service" is OK. If you want a thread only about Obama's service, start a new one and quit being a crybaby.
You should note that you HAVE been answered mulitple times, you just did not seem to like the responses (no draft when Obama old enough to serve, he went into public service instead of the military, etc.)
<quoted text>
Now who's being the cry baby? You want me to run off and start a different thread because you can't handle the truth about your Messiah? My question WASN'T answered. By anyone. I never asked about the draft, I asked about bamma's military service. You people want to criticize Bush's service, but want to ignore the fact your Great One never served at all.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90323 Aug 27, 2013
I believe you are incorrect.
I think it means that you respect out of fear, which is not really respect at all, and I cannot fathom why an Omnipotent being would need to garner my respect using fear.

Why do we apply such human egotistical frailty's on a creator, a God?

We all agree that respect is earned not given, but apparently the creator is nothing more than a school yard bully demanding respect from us or he will punch us in the nose.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
In this context "fear" means respect.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#90324 Aug 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Kerry's own men who served under him -- including die-hard Republicans -- praise his military service.
I think he was commenting on his later protesting of the war and didn't he throw his medals at something? It's been a while since I cared that much about this stuff...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#90325 Aug 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Now who's being the cry baby? You want me to run off and start a different thread because you can't handle the truth about your Messiah? My question WASN'T answered. By anyone. I never asked about the draft, I asked about bamma's military service. You people want to criticize Bush's service, but want to ignore the fact your Great One never served at all.
There was no draft. How did you serve in the miltary?

I didn't realize that when there isn't a draft men are still required to serve to be considered a good person. When did this start?

Neda, stay with me!

#90326 Aug 27, 2013
I think she was referring to how he treated his (then) wife.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90327 Aug 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> But judging by how she blames everyone else for everything already, would it be that much of a stretch for her to blame you for losing it while it was at your house? Threw it out by accident? Whatever? Me thinks that if anything turns up missing, she will find someone else to blame regardless of who moved her stuff and when, so there really might be nothing to gain by waiting for her to claim her stuff.
I think you hit the nail on the head. She is likely to blame them anyway, no matter what. Might as well just get it out of the house and reclaim their lives IMO.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90328 Aug 27, 2013
IXSatanXI wrote:
What the world?
like, lik, meh maybe you're thinking about liking licking?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90329 Aug 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can choose to follow a book written by such folks if you wish, but it doesn't make what I say any less untrue.
He's is stupid. I won't even talk to him anymore because he is so stupid.

YOU however are correct. It is a collection of writings from oral histories that were compiled around the 4th century into an acceptable version of an "official" bible, however the stories, rules, laws, etc are bronze/iron age, a time when people had no understanding (to speak of) of how the physical universe works. Plant a seed and it grows. Ok, easy enough, but they didn't understand how or why, it "just did." The "just did" mentality was applied to everything in their lives because they didn't know the stuff we know now.

Ergo, ignore him, he's a doosh.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90330 Aug 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I wasn't answering YOU, and I was answering a comment/question about Bush.
Just being a stupid retard, eh? Typical REpublican.
Why waste the effort typing to him?(._.)

You're just beating your head against the wall (metaphorically speaking...).

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90331 Aug 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely am criticizing G.W. Bush for his pathetic excuse of military service, mainly because he tried to play it up later on. If he'd just said "I avoided going to Viet Nam because I COULD," i would respect that honesty. Just like Viet Nam vets said about Clinton using college to avoid the draft -- "if he'd just admitted he avoided going to war, I'd respect that."
Right? The thing is ok he joined the national guard...lots of people did. If my son had been drafted, I can't say that I wouldn't have sent him out of the country, so I get it.

The thing IS, even though he joined the TX air national guard, he didn't even show up to do that, he just did what he wanted and never reported for duty. His family's money got him off...anyone else would have been charged with desertion. THEN he has the gall to act like he DID something?

Fuckhim just for that alone, add in all the other vile stuff he did, fuckhim in the ear, he is a waste of oxygen and I hope he and Cheney and Rice and the whole lot of them get tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity and I hope the impeach him retroactively!

Neda, stay with me!

#90332 Aug 27, 2013
With distinction?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you serve in the miltary?

Neda, stay with me!

#90333 Aug 27, 2013
Well, we know you are!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
like, lik, meh maybe you're thinking about liking licking?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90334 Aug 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
We all agree that respect is earned not given, but apparently the creator is nothing more than a school yard bully demanding respect from us or he will punch us in the nose.
<quoted text>
I'm stealing this.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90335 Aug 27, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no draft. How did you serve in the miltary?
I didn't realize that when there isn't a draft men are still required to serve to be considered a good person. When did this start?
Only in the Teapublikins world can you attack someone for not doing something they weren't required to do and praise someone (Bush Jr) for not doing something (showing up to actually work in the national guard) they *are* required to do because they can get out of it because of who their family is.

The thing these freaking idiots don't understand is that all of these conservativefucks that they so endorse don't giveashit about them; they care only for their own bank accounts and the bank accounts of their corporate sponsors, yet they will still spew all of the vile BS that faux (i won't say "news" because they are anything BUT) tells them is true.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#90336 Aug 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
With distinction?
<quoted text>
I dunno. Did you? I don't doubt it. But I was asking edog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,315
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min Frijoles 71,117
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,872
The truth regarding Ebola 31 min STORY NOW ON TV 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 35 min KiMare 51,264
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Earthling-1 49,238
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 1 hr joey 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:21 pm PST