|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, counseling = now. I called my old shrink's office today.
I'm torn between making her move her own stuff or us doing it. It would be nice to have it out of my house, but...it's her crap and if she moves it, she can't (reasonably) blame anyone else for stuff missing or broken or whatever.
I didn't think of that. She won't be able to find something that SHE lost and it'll be YOUR (or J's) fault! Geesh! Why does it have to be so hard!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, counseling = now. I called my old shrink's office today.
I'm torn between making her move her own stuff or us doing it. It would be nice to have it out of my house, but...it's her crap and if she moves it, she can't (reasonably) blame anyone else for stuff missing or broken or whatever.
I get it about the moving stuff out thing. I'd be kinda torn. On one hand you need to get it, and the whole "vibe" from her being there so long out of your space, OTOH, I get that she would blame you guys for her stuff missing. IDK, tell her to arrange to have her parents come and do it or something. Or to arrange a weekend like in October to come up and do it. I would so want it done before Christmas, but I'm kind of abitch that way. <shrug> I would be all "lookit, you have until X to get it all out or I will do it and I will not listen to one syllable about anything being broken or missing...your call."

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just ridiculous - esp if you've been so easy and understanding! And, heck, you getting tuition means you can learn more and earn more to help them!:D It's jsut the principle and it IS why some people are just jerks. It's not even like you're trying to pull the "I'll pay you with my tax refund" scam. You are asking for FIVE days!
Right? Seriously thinking about putting a Paypal link on my FB at this point LOL. It's already been extended until the end of September. I owed 2830.00. I have 1700.00 of it paid so I still need 1130.00. They won't extend it a second time. IDK, I have one more option, but I reaaaallllyyyyy don't want to ask him for it. I'm gonna lean on them for the next month. If they don't come through, I guess I'll give in and ask him (he will lend it to me) but I sooooooo don't want to go that route.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Welp. That was the last straw. My SIL called J about some high school AP paperwork that she needed to get the right classes. Tried to blame him for her not knowing where it is. She's moving out at Christmas and we're getting counseling. As you might imagine, this whole thing has taken a toll on our marriage.
We can hear the toll it takes on you, but it has to even rougher on J because he is her blood kin.I can image the grief he is getting separately from his mother as well as the SIL.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
As you might imagine, this whole thing has taken a toll on our marriage.
You're always welcome to come pay me a visit, darlin, and I'll make you forget all about your marriage and SIL for a while.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, being locked in a box buried under 8ft of dirt will do that to a person.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You're always welcome to come pay me a visit, darlin, and I'll make you forget all about your marriage and SIL for a while.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandmother used to make something called Spanish tongue.I remember liking it, but it was a large reason why I have difficulty eating meat that does not change name ( or recognizable form) from the animal to the plate.
I think many more people are like that...I won't eat any veal, just because i saw how badly beef calves were treated, just to produce it....I looove Lamb, yet my wife won't consider it, because they're cute as puppies....lol....I think i had Spanish tongue, once in college.....Oh, no...she was Cuban...lol...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
As horrific as that is, it is an extreme aberration. from the norm. I can't/won't go thru life conducting myself as if that's a normal occurrence and that I should be in fear every time my kid is out of my sight.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
Thats like dead animal cruelty dude!
<quoted text>
Fine with me. I want it dead dead dead.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? Why even order the steak? I've got a few spare hockey pucks they can chew on...
Contrary to what you rare steak snobs think, you can definitely cook out all the red and still have a ways to go before you get to "hockey puck" state.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I can't make myself do any version of rare...no blood
That's key for me. Although they did not cook my steak to my liking, it was cooked enough so that there was no blood. Still somewhat pink. No my preference, but not disgusting enough for me to send back.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I bet they put ketcup on those hockey pucks, too! Gross!
Ketchup? Nooooo. Beer sautéed onions.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
Now I get in and my backup announces she is taking this Friday off (she takes every 2-3 Fridays off and has already taken off almost her whole 5 weeks this year and still plans on taking both weeks at Christmas, plus time at Thanksgiving AND all these Fridays she keeps taking. I am more than a little POd. Then, when I want to take time, my boss is always telling me to check to make sure she's here. I am still thinking of putting if for time next summer during the time I know she likes her 2 weeks. Just cuz.
I otherwise like her, but she is NEVER. HERE.
I will never understand this(you, not her). The way I see it, her taking time off is between her and her boss. Angela just mentioned the other day that she has not had consecutive days off in years, but still uses all her vacation time. Sounds to me like she probably takes every few Fridays off as well.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Cheluzal may find this interesting as a theoretical explanation of the dating system

http://www.laddertheory.com/

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you.*internet fistbump*
It's all about her making herself the victim to whoever will listen.
I have such whirlwind of emotions about this.

Should I feel happy for you that your burden is gone?

Sad for you that the burden you took on seems to be spiraling into
a complete waste of all the effort you put in?

Or not care either way, but be happy for myself for all the 0entertaining stories I have been provided with?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
but...it's her crap and if she moves it, she can't (reasonably) blame anyone else for stuff missing or broken or whatever.
But judging by how she blames everyone else for everything already, would it be that much of a stretch for her to blame you for losing it while it was at your house? Threw it out by accident? Whatever? Me thinks that if anything turns up missing, she will find someone else to blame regardless of who moved her stuff and when, so there really might be nothing to gain by waiting for her to claim her stuff.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Cheluzal may find this interesting as a theoretical explanation of the dating system
http://www.laddertheory.com/
Meh...we're humans and have our urges, but we're both God-fearing people who actually live it and know that.
I know many people on this board won't understand that, but it doesn't change how we've lived our lives and choose to (even before we started dating).
We're not typical like most in the world.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks.
I'd love to have been a fly on he wall to see this.
In 2005, Michael A. Smith, a U.S. Navy veteran, was arrested for disorderly conduct in Kansas City, Missouri, after he spat chewing tobacco in Fonda's face during a book-signing event for her autobiography, My Life So Far. He told reporters that he "consider[ed] it a debt of honor" and further stated "she spit in our faces for 37 years. It was absolutely worth it. There are a lot of veterans who would love to do what I did.
She has apologized for her actions (she was rather young back then, remember) and veterans groups have publicly accepted her apology.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I recall that time of the Vietnam War, pretty well...as one of you know's, i currently have a stepbrother sentenced to a wheelchair, due to Agent Orange exposure, during the war....another that served, took his own life....I lost many friends, including friends i knew, from 3rd grade to highschool.....Jane Fonda, no doubt handled her feelings about the war horribly...But, to many others that served and to those lost...it was truly an avoidable apocalypse....I knew many very good Americans, veterans included...that hated that war and that should never be confused with, not supporting our troops.......
Agreed. Ann and Nancy Wilson -- of HEar t-- their dad is a well known, decorated war hero (nearly died several times from his battle wounds) and he retired right before Viet Nam because he said he knew it was not a just war, and it would be handled badly, and he was right. So a retired Marines Major marched against the war.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago