|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandmother used to make something called Spanish tongue.I remember liking it, but it was a large reason why I have difficulty eating meat that does not change name ( or recognizable form) from the animal to the plate.
I grew up with not knowing my favorite sausage was a blood sausage. Must have been in my 20s when my grandfather finally said it was blood rice and barley. Don't think I've eaten it since. Now it's a mental thing. And I LOVED that stuff! My mom can still get it at the Polish deli.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
This all by itself would be enough for me. After all you've done for her and she ha the audacity to bad mouth you...especially to HER parents? That would be the last time. I would so tell her take all of your stuff, don't care not my problem get it out of my house by "X" date or I'm throwing it away. I would never ever let her live at (or even stay really) my house again. You guys are so bad? Let them stay with their parents.
Sorry, not my call, just venting 'cause shitlikethis pissesme the helloff.
I kind of have my sorta own version of this going on right now. With all I do and have done for all these people, they can't come up with 1100.00 to lend me (between them) for like FIVE days? Really?
When I move I am not telling any of them where I am. I'm serious about that. Seriously, just one thing I did was pay off my niece's tickets/warrant/fines in OK so that she could get a DL here in WA, paid for the license, etc. When she first got here I paid to get all of her professional licensing stuff transferred/updated/etc.
She paid me back in payments, which was fine, she paid as agreed (her credit with me is very good) but still I helped her so she cold get her life together and now she can't manage even part of the 1100.00? Fcuk you. Nephew who OWES me tons of freaking $ that I've written off and who has the money won't even call me back because he knows I wasnt to borrow it and he doesn't want to part with it. Excuse me? I've paid your cell phone bill for three freaking years. I've given you food and shelter for years. I gave you a goddamn car.
THIS is why I don't like people.
I hear you.*internet fistbump*

It's all about her making herself the victim to whoever will listen.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Here's $2.00 buy a hollow point!
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> That has to be about as senseless as it gets.....too bad they can't just bury him alive, and save the taxpayers some money?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up with not knowing my favorite sausage was a blood sausage. Must have been in my 20s when my grandfather finally said it was blood rice and barley. Don't think I've eaten it since. Now it's a mental thing. And I LOVED that stuff! My mom can still get it at the Polish deli.
That's funny...I stick with kielbasa. I don't even like pierogi.

When my son was in his late teen's he had a part time job at some chain restaurant. He called me and said he had calamari and it was really good. I said do you know what that is and he said no. I told him and his reaction was yuck, I'll never eat that again. Now he eats sushi.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Do it. Do it now. Get it locked in.
Yeah, I am going to look at the calendar this week. Even if I change it, I'll know I have it!!!

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
This all by itself would be enough for me. After all you've done for her and she ha the audacity to bad mouth you...especially to HER parents? That would be the last time. I would so tell her take all of your stuff, don't care not my problem get it out of my house by "X" date or I'm throwing it away. I would never ever let her live at (or even stay really) my house again. You guys are so bad? Let them stay with their parents.
Sorry, not my call, just venting 'cause shitlikethis pissesme the helloff.
I kind of have my sorta own version of this going on right now. With all I do and have done for all these people, they can't come up with 1100.00 to lend me (between them) for like FIVE days? Really?
When I move I am not telling any of them where I am. I'm serious about that. Seriously, just one thing I did was pay off my niece's tickets/warrant/fines in OK so that she could get a DL here in WA, paid for the license, etc. When she first got here I paid to get all of her professional licensing stuff transferred/updated/etc.
She paid me back in payments, which was fine, she paid as agreed (her credit with me is very good) but still I helped her so she cold get her life together and now she can't manage even part of the 1100.00? Fcuk you. Nephew who OWES me tons of freaking $ that I've written off and who has the money won't even call me back because he knows I wasnt to borrow it and he doesn't want to part with it. Excuse me? I've paid your cell phone bill for three freaking years. I've given you food and shelter for years. I gave you a goddamn car.
THIS is why I don't like people.
THat's beyond crappy!!! You go out of your way to help people and ask for a pretty small favor in return... SMH I'd be royally pissed, too.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny...I stick with kielbasa. I don't even like pierogi.
When my son was in his late teen's he had a part time job at some chain restaurant. He called me and said he had calamari and it was really good. I said do you know what that is and he said no. I told him and his reaction was yuck, I'll never eat that again. Now he eats sushi.
That sausage was SO GOOD, though! We always ate the czechoslovakian version in NY. I wish grandpa hadn't ruined it for me! I think he actually used the words (in his accent) "Coagulated blood". Thanks, gramps! But I like Kielbasa, too!:)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Welp. That was the last straw. My SIL called J about some high school AP paperwork that she needed to get the right classes. Tried to blame him for her not knowing where it is. She's moving out at Christmas and we're getting counseling. As you might imagine, this whole thing has taken a toll on our marriage.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Welp. That was the last straw. My SIL called J about some high school AP paperwork that she needed to get the right classes. Tried to blame him for her not knowing where it is. She's moving out at Christmas and we're getting counseling. As you might imagine, this whole thing has taken a toll on our marriage.
Good idea!

And I think that kicking her out is the best gift you can give yourselves. You've done A LOT for her - more than many would do - no it's time to force her out of the nest and do something for yourselves! ANd, you know, you have some REALLY good material for a book!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

That sucks.
Matilda77 wrote:

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea!
And I think that kicking her out is the best gift you can give yourselves. You've done A LOT for her - more than many would do - no it's time to force her out of the nest and do something for yourselves! ANd, you know, you have some REALLY good material for a book!!!
Ha! I feel like this is one of those traumatic things like childbirth, where I'll forget just how awful it really was. I'll have to go back through Topix for all my stories.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
wow. good for you & j to move on and for her to start sinking on her own.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
THat's beyond crappy!!! You go out of your way to help people and ask for a pretty small favor in return... SMH I'd be royally pissed, too.
Yeah, and it's not like it's trivial or something, it's for tuition. Seriously I need 1130.00 and they can get it together AMONGST them to lend it to me. My one niece in Cali committed a couple hundred when it gets closer to time that it absolutely has to be in (end of September) but she's the only one. She didn't even ask me what I wanted it for. She is my favorite relative.

Even if it *was* frivolous (it's really tuition) I have never, ever told someone "no" when they wanted to borrow (when I had it of course) money for whatever they wanted to do. I don't care if it's for a car payment, rent, or going to Burger King and a movie, because I "get" that austerity is tough and once in a while you gotta do *something* fun even if you can't really afford it because otherwise we're just existing.

I get that so I've never been all juggy about stuff. But here I actually need tuition money, and after everything I've done...a LOAN for a FEW DAYS, and they can't/won't do it. Screw them

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
My reactions are good for you guys to go to counseling. Do it sooner rather than later. Don't wait until Christmas. Make her parents come and get her stuff. Reclaim your house now. Christmas is like 4 months away still.

And...how the hell is it his job to know where her paperwork is? Maybe she should just call her HS and pay whatever it is they charge for more paperwork. Like,...an adult.

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you.*internet fistbump*
It's all about her making herself the victim to whoever will listen.
I think she needs help. Professional help. My armchair psychologist diagnosis is that all of this is a manifestation of the anger towards her parents and the way they raised her. Add to that the fact that she is of age and thinks she is an adult and she can "do what she wants" now... Of course I'm not a shrink, though I have taken way more psych classes than someone who is not a shrink should have.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Psychopath_v...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
My reactions are good for you guys to go to counseling. Do it sooner rather than later. Don't wait until Christmas. Make her parents come and get her stuff. Reclaim your house now. Christmas is like 4 months away still.
And...how the hell is it his job to know where her paperwork is? Maybe she should just call her HS and pay whatever it is they charge for more paperwork. Like,...an adult.
Oh, counseling = now. I called my old shrink's office today.

I'm torn between making her move her own stuff or us doing it. It would be nice to have it out of my house, but...it's her crap and if she moves it, she can't (reasonably) blame anyone else for stuff missing or broken or whatever.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Ugh. I'm *so* sorry that you guys are at the point of going to counseling over this, but GOOD FOR YOU to be doing it. Be as pro-active as possible and start putting each other and your marriage first. You both tried so hard with your SIL, were so generous and selfless, but it's at (or beyond... way beyond) the point that it's unhealthy for you and J.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and it's not like it's trivial or something, it's for tuition. Seriously I need 1130.00 and they can get it together AMONGST them to lend it to me. My one niece in Cali committed a couple hundred when it gets closer to time that it absolutely has to be in (end of September) but she's the only one. She didn't even ask me what I wanted it for. She is my favorite relative.
Even if it *was* frivolous (it's really tuition) I have never, ever told someone "no" when they wanted to borrow (when I had it of course) money for whatever they wanted to do. I don't care if it's for a car payment, rent, or going to Burger King and a movie, because I "get" that austerity is tough and once in a while you gotta do *something* fun even if you can't really afford it because otherwise we're just existing.
I get that so I've never been all juggy about stuff. But here I actually need tuition money, and after everything I've done...a LOAN for a FEW DAYS, and they can't/won't do it. Screw them
It's just ridiculous - esp if you've been so easy and understanding! And, heck, you getting tuition means you can learn more and earn more to help them!:D It's jsut the principle and it IS why some people are just jerks. It's not even like you're trying to pull the "I'll pay you with my tax refund" scam. You are asking for FIVE days!

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Here is a story of people who failed at a get rich scheme and are now suing because they didn't get rich!!! Oy!!! People make me so mad...

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/civil/pin...

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh. I'm *so* sorry that you guys are at the point of going to counseling over this, but GOOD FOR YOU to be doing it. Be as pro-active as possible and start putting each other and your marriage first. You both tried so hard with your SIL, were so generous and selfless, but it's at (or beyond... way beyond) the point that it's unhealthy for you and J.
I totally agree. Sometimes you just have to step back and say this is your problem and I cannot (will not) allow it to undermine my life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Obumbles the Zero 1,096,197
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 68,850
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Beavis 176,805
Abby 8-22 19 min edogxxx 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Chickenpoo 49,272
Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer ... (Jul '09) 23 min Redlex busted 179
Amy 8-22 26 min edogxxx 4

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000