Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!
(GASP!)
Served his country.....
NO, HE served himself and himself only!
<quoted text>
Toj's comment could be said of ALL politicians.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Thats like dead animal cruelty dude!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>It IS steak night. Just went to Logans.
Just for you,Race. Wife ordered medium well. I ordered well done. She had to send hers back cause it was medium. I didn't want to deal with sending mine back, but showed the waitress how terrible my steak was prepared with so much red.
Gave us $5 off. Probably some snobby new cook back there trying to push his taste on the customers.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
We did it! My SIL is gone until at *least* Thanksgiving, probably Christmas. At which point, we may be chucking her out of our house. Long, long story short, she's gone from needy and annoying to just insufferable and impossible to be around. Move-in day, she threw a temper tantrum in front of us, her fiance, his dad, about 6 RAs from her dorm, her new roommate, her roommate's mom, and a few lucky strangers. Because the fiance was bringing in bags from her car that "she didn't want yet". After she stormed off, I was just like "Good f'n luck with that one." We almost left without saying goodbye, we were that pissed.
Wow. And...I want the long version with all of the sordid details. Make sure to use all the dirty words!:D

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? Why even order the steak? I've got a few spare hockey pucks they can chew on...

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. And...I want the long version with all of the sordid details. Make sure to use all the dirty words!:D
I second this request!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, she'll be back before weeks end
Ha, she'd better start walking now.

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
UGH! I look terrible with egg on my face!
Can I have ketchup on my humble pie?
<quoted text>
Heh...it happens. I did something like that over the weekend too. Can't remember what it was now, but I remember rolling my eyes at myself at the time.:D

Oh and Humble Pie is traditionally served with sauce bernaise, but if you want ketchup (icky) okie dokie smokie.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, she'd better start walking now.
Seriously. What will happen to her?

If fiance gets fed up and drops her will she come back to B-N and move in with her parents?

It may breach some boundaries but can or should you alert Student Services? This is more than emotionally immature- the short version makes her sound unstable.

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I can't make myself do any version of rare...no blood, but "medium" ever so *slightly* on the rare side works for me. If there's any blood or bright red that makes me think about blood, I can't eat it, but a nice healthy dark pink is just about perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I grew up with all the meat my mother ever cooked being turned into greasy (it was always greasy, even when it was grilled...idk why) hockey pucks. It took me several years to learn that meat (1) is ok cooked other ways and (2) much better cooked other ways. If "well-done" had been the only choice I think I would have become a full on vegetarian by the time I was 20.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Ha, You are the second person to say this to me in less than a week!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
okie dokie smokie.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I bet they put ketcup on those hockey pucks, too! Gross!

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Grrrr...

Monday mornings.

Was late for a derntist appointment - when I was leaving the appointment, I backed into a new handrail tehy put up that I didn't see. Handrail is just scratched a little (I went in an d told him, he came out and didn't care), but my tail light was ripped out of the back end of my car and shattered. Went to get into my car and bashed the side of my head on the roof. Ugh.

Now I get in and my backup announces she is taking this Friday off (she takes every 2-3 Fridays off and has already taken off almost her whole 5 weeks this year and still plans on taking both weeks at Christmas, plus time at Thanksgiving AND all these Fridays she keeps taking. I am more than a little POd. Then, when I want to take time, my boss is always telling me to check to make sure she's here. I am still thinking of putting if for time next summer during the time I know she likes her 2 weeks. Just cuz.

I otherwise like her, but she is NEVER. HERE.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme see...the not working for a year, getting fired thing. Just general non-stop blaming of other people for things that go wrong. Bad-mouthing us to her parents and his parents, vice versa. Creating drama where there is none. Constant weird food issues. Not cleaning up after herself at our house.

Story time.

Por ejemplo: when they were at our house for what, 9-10 days earlier in the month, they ate out for nearly every meal. Now, J and I have been doing the super low carb thing and eating at home, so our fridge is pretty packed. But we have a small fridge in the garage and a freezer in the basement, too. BOTH of us said, separately, help yourselves to whatever, if you buy food, squeeze it in wherever you can fit it, but try to use it up or take it with you, because chances are, we won't eat it. Well, she tells my MIL that they HAVE to eat out because they don't want to eat *my* food. Not *our* food. I've never been anything but generous with food, unless it was something very specific, like a small thing of raspberries or whatever. And I can't recall the last time I said "Hey, don't eat this." So, spending tons of money on food, blaming it on ME. Wut.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHA!!!! I choked on my pop!
I used to hear that alot when I lived in Arkansas...but I think they meant it in a different context.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously. What will happen to her?
If fiance gets fed up and drops her will she come back to B-N and move in with her parents?
It may breach some boundaries but can or should you alert Student Services? This is more than emotionally immature- the short version makes her sound unstable.
Yeah, I don't know. I almost pulled her RA aside, but then the tantrum happened and I didn't really feel like I needed to anymore. Yeah, we're done with her living with us full time.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I can't make myself do any version of rare...no blood, but "medium" ever so *slightly* on the rare side works for me. If there's any blood or bright red that makes me think about blood, I can't eat it, but a nice healthy dark pink is just about perfect as far as I'm concerned.
I grew up with all the meat my mother ever cooked being turned into greasy (it was always greasy, even when it was grilled...idk why) hockey pucks. It took me several years to learn that meat (1) is ok cooked other ways and (2) much better cooked other ways. If "well-done" had been the only choice I think I would have become a full on vegetarian by the time I was 20.
I had just the opposite. My mom was not a good cook except the turkey. My dad wanted steak almost every week and wanted it mooing on the way to the table. To this day I like steaks rare although not alive. I also like that I can grill pork shops to slightly pink now that the trichinosis is not a big scare.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

But then again he also ate the Polish dishes of blood sausage and duck's blood soup. We all left the table then.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Story #2 - We get to campus to drop them off. Ask her where their buildings are. "I don't know. Mom has my map!" Not a *huge* deal as an isolated incident, but that's just the classic unpreparedness and blame passing that's been a constant theme.

Story #3 - We hit downtown Nashville for dinner when we get in to town. We're all tired and hungry. She shoots down about a half a dozen places. BB King's place has the full menu on the sidewalk. Plenty of vegetarian options. I say "Perfect, we're eating here." She's goes "*sigh* I guess I'll just have a salad..." She orders a regular meal. I had three drinks. J looked like he wanted to punch her.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
That has to be about as senseless as it gets.....too bad they can't just bury him alive, and save the taxpayers some money?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 88,861 - 88,880 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Death 1,073,110
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,593
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 2 hr Tgloaded 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,768
Abby July 12 3 hr Julie 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search