Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90222 Aug 26, 2013
dahgts wrote:
But then again he also ate the Polish dishes of blood sausage and duck's blood soup. We all left the table then.
I'm a little like that...my mom's family are all german/dutch and we grew up on stuff like beef tongue....Funny part is, i move to S. Florida with many N.Y. Jewish, that love tongue, and it's $5 a pound....lol....
Timmy

United States

#90223 Aug 26, 2013
Yep, he was probably frustrated by her not knowing abut the "third date rule".
RACE wrote:
He wants to get laid.
<quoted text>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90224 Aug 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a little like that...my mom's family are all german/dutch and we grew up on stuff like beef tongue....Funny part is, i move to S. Florida with many N.Y. Jewish, that love tongue, and it's $5 a pound....lol....
My grandmother used to make something called Spanish tongue.I remember liking it, but it was a large reason why I have difficulty eating meat that does not change name ( or recognizable form) from the animal to the plate.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#90225 Aug 26, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Yep, he was probably frustrated by her not knowing abut the "third date rule".
<quoted text>
Are you traveling or are you spoofing your ISP?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90226 Aug 26, 2013
itser wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it simple...wrap in tin foil with some butter and a little seasoning, and grill over medium heat, checking periodically, and take it off the grill as soon as it starts to get flaky.
Thanks, i will likely try it again soon, as I'm a sucker for punishment....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90227 Aug 26, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
Grrrr...
I am still thinking of putting if for time next summer during the time I know she likes her 2 weeks. Just cuz.
Do it. Do it now. Get it locked in.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90228 Aug 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad-mouthing us
This all by itself would be enough for me. After all you've done for her and she ha the audacity to bad mouth you...especially to HER parents? That would be the last time. I would so tell her take all of your stuff, don't care not my problem get it out of my house by "X" date or I'm throwing it away. I would never ever let her live at (or even stay really) my house again. You guys are so bad? Let them stay with their parents.

Sorry, not my call, just venting 'cause shitlikethis pissesme the helloff.

I kind of have my sorta own version of this going on right now. With all I do and have done for all these people, they can't come up with 1100.00 to lend me (between them) for like FIVE days? Really?

When I move I am not telling any of them where I am. I'm serious about that. Seriously, just one thing I did was pay off my niece's tickets/warrant/fines in OK so that she could get a DL here in WA, paid for the license, etc. When she first got here I paid to get all of her professional licensing stuff transferred/updated/etc.

She paid me back in payments, which was fine, she paid as agreed (her credit with me is very good) but still I helped her so she cold get her life together and now she can't manage even part of the 1100.00? Fcuk you. Nephew who OWES me tons of freaking $ that I've written off and who has the money won't even call me back because he knows I wasnt to borrow it and he doesn't want to part with it. Excuse me? I've paid your cell phone bill for three freaking years. I've given you food and shelter for years. I gave you a goddamn car.

THIS is why I don't like people.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90229 Aug 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously. What will happen to her?
If fiance gets fed up and drops her will she come back to B-N and move in with her parents?
It may breach some boundaries but can or should you alert Student Services? This is more than emotionally immature- the short version makes her sound unstable.
Actually sounds bi-polar to me. AND she is the right age for it to start to manifest.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90230 Aug 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandmother used to make something called Spanish tongue.I remember liking it, but it was a large reason why I have difficulty eating meat that does not change name ( or recognizable form) from the animal to the plate.
I grew up with not knowing my favorite sausage was a blood sausage. Must have been in my 20s when my grandfather finally said it was blood rice and barley. Don't think I've eaten it since. Now it's a mental thing. And I LOVED that stuff! My mom can still get it at the Polish deli.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#90231 Aug 26, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
This all by itself would be enough for me. After all you've done for her and she ha the audacity to bad mouth you...especially to HER parents? That would be the last time. I would so tell her take all of your stuff, don't care not my problem get it out of my house by "X" date or I'm throwing it away. I would never ever let her live at (or even stay really) my house again. You guys are so bad? Let them stay with their parents.
I kind of have my sorta own version of this going on right now. With all I do and have done for all these people, they can't come up with 1100.00 to lend me (between them) for like FIVE days? Really?
When I move I am not telling any of them where I am. I'm serious about that. Seriously, just one thing I did was pay off my niece's tickets/warrant/fines in OK so that she could get a DL here in WA, paid for the license, etc. When she first got here I paid to get all of her professional licensing stuff transferred/updated/etc.
She paid me back in payments, which was fine, she paid as agreed (her credit with me is very good) but still I helped her so she cold get her life together and now she can't manage even part of the 1100.00? Fcuk you. Nephew who OWES me tons of freaking $ that I've written off and who has the money won't even call me back because he knows I wasnt to borrow it and he doesn't want to part with it. Excuse me? I've paid your cell phone bill for three freaking years. I've given you food and shelter for years. I gave you a goddamn car.
I hear you.*internet fistbump*

It's all about her making herself the victim to whoever will listen.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#90232 Aug 26, 2013
Here's $2.00 buy a hollow point!
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> That has to be about as senseless as it gets.....too bad they can't just bury him alive, and save the taxpayers some money?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#90233 Aug 26, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up with not knowing my favorite sausage was a blood sausage. Must have been in my 20s when my grandfather finally said it was blood rice and barley. Don't think I've eaten it since. Now it's a mental thing. And I LOVED that stuff! My mom can still get it at the Polish deli.
That's funny...I stick with kielbasa. I don't even like pierogi.

When my son was in his late teen's he had a part time job at some chain restaurant. He called me and said he had calamari and it was really good. I said do you know what that is and he said no. I told him and his reaction was yuck, I'll never eat that again. Now he eats sushi.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90234 Aug 26, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Do it. Do it now. Get it locked in.
Yeah, I am going to look at the calendar this week. Even if I change it, I'll know I have it!!!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90235 Aug 26, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
THat's beyond crappy!!! You go out of your way to help people and ask for a pretty small favor in return... SMH I'd be royally pissed, too.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90236 Aug 26, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny...I stick with kielbasa. I don't even like pierogi.
When my son was in his late teen's he had a part time job at some chain restaurant. He called me and said he had calamari and it was really good. I said do you know what that is and he said no. I told him and his reaction was yuck, I'll never eat that again. Now he eats sushi.
That sausage was SO GOOD, though! We always ate the czechoslovakian version in NY. I wish grandpa hadn't ruined it for me! I think he actually used the words (in his accent) "Coagulated blood". Thanks, gramps! But I like Kielbasa, too!:)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#90237 Aug 26, 2013
Welp. That was the last straw. My SIL called J about some high school AP paperwork that she needed to get the right classes. Tried to blame him for her not knowing where it is. She's moving out at Christmas and we're getting counseling. As you might imagine, this whole thing has taken a toll on our marriage.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90238 Aug 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Welp. That was the last straw. My SIL called J about some high school AP paperwork that she needed to get the right classes. Tried to blame him for her not knowing where it is. She's moving out at Christmas and we're getting counseling. As you might imagine, this whole thing has taken a toll on our marriage.
Good idea!

And I think that kicking her out is the best gift you can give yourselves. You've done A LOT for her - more than many would do - no it's time to force her out of the nest and do something for yourselves! ANd, you know, you have some REALLY good material for a book!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#90239 Aug 26, 2013
That sucks.
Matilda77 wrote:

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#90240 Aug 26, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea!
And I think that kicking her out is the best gift you can give yourselves. You've done A LOT for her - more than many would do - no it's time to force her out of the nest and do something for yourselves! ANd, you know, you have some REALLY good material for a book!!!
Ha! I feel like this is one of those traumatic things like childbirth, where I'll forget just how awful it really was. I'll have to go back through Topix for all my stories.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#90241 Aug 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
wow. good for you & j to move on and for her to start sinking on her own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Bluestater 1,220,143
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min Cold Front 69,691
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Analog man 5,907
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 52,856
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Guru 187,313
Bubba's wife................Piano-Legs. 5 hr Piano-leg murderer 4
Bill Clinton's Wife. 5 hr WHATS-HER-PLAN 5
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]