Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90195 Aug 26, 2013
Thanks Dog

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#90196 Aug 26, 2013
We did it! My SIL is gone until at *least* Thanksgiving, probably Christmas. At which point, we may be chucking her out of our house. Long, long story short, she's gone from needy and annoying to just insufferable and impossible to be around. Move-in day, she threw a temper tantrum in front of us, her fiance, his dad, about 6 RAs from her dorm, her new roommate, her roommate's mom, and a few lucky strangers. Because the fiance was bringing in bags from her car that "she didn't want yet". After she stormed off, I was just like "Good f'n luck with that one." We almost left without saying goodbye, we were that pissed.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90197 Aug 26, 2013
UGH! I look terrible with egg on my face!
Can I have ketchup on my humble pie?
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm DPRK is N. Korea... j/s
Otherwise, yeah.

Neda, stay with me!

#90198 Aug 26, 2013
HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!
(GASP!)

Served his country.....
NO, HE served himself and himself only!
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
He served his country in a different way. With no draft, he decided to serve the country by going into public service. And he did it willingly.

Neda, stay with me!

#90199 Aug 26, 2013
He wants to get laid.
cheluzal wrote:
So...some deconstruction help?
Last Sat had a date with the guy and he was all into it and didn't want to leave my car, even in the rain.
Called Tue. to check on me and how work started. I couldn't chat long but he was nice about it.
We already had a date last night and I never heard from him between Tue and last night, but he arrived and all seemed 'normal' and fine. We chatted like always and he was putting his arm around my chair and I was leaning into him and things were as usual, but about 3/4 into it he got really quiet and standoffish.
I asked if he was okay and he said yes, but he was quiet and his leg was tapping furiously under the table. At my car he didn't open the door like always and he didn't linger.
Can't think of anything to prompt that in the last week....any thoughts??

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#90200 Aug 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
We did it! My SIL is gone until at *least* Thanksgiving, probably Christmas. At which point, we may be chucking her out of our house. Long, long story short, she's gone from needy and annoying to just insufferable and impossible to be around. Move-in day, she threw a temper tantrum in front of us, her fiance, his dad, about 6 RAs from her dorm, her new roommate, her roommate's mom, and a few lucky strangers. Because the fiance was bringing in bags from her car that "she didn't want yet". After she stormed off, I was just like "Good f'n luck with that one." We almost left without saying goodbye, we were that pissed.
Eh, she'll be back before weeks end

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#90201 Aug 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!
(GASP!)
Served his country.....
NO, HE served himself and himself only!
<quoted text>
Toj's comment could be said of ALL politicians.

Neda, stay with me!

#90202 Aug 26, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

#90203 Aug 26, 2013
Thats like dead animal cruelty dude!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>It IS steak night. Just went to Logans.
Just for you,Race. Wife ordered medium well. I ordered well done. She had to send hers back cause it was medium. I didn't want to deal with sending mine back, but showed the waitress how terrible my steak was prepared with so much red.
Gave us $5 off. Probably some snobby new cook back there trying to push his taste on the customers.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90204 Aug 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Wow. And...I want the long version with all of the sordid details. Make sure to use all the dirty words!:D

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#90205 Aug 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? Why even order the steak? I've got a few spare hockey pucks they can chew on...

West Palm Beach, FL

#90206 Aug 26, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. And...I want the long version with all of the sordid details. Make sure to use all the dirty words!:D
I second this request!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#90207 Aug 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, she'll be back before weeks end
Ha, she'd better start walking now.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90208 Aug 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
UGH! I look terrible with egg on my face!
Can I have ketchup on my humble pie?
<quoted text>
Heh...it happens. I did something like that over the weekend too. Can't remember what it was now, but I remember rolling my eyes at myself at the time.:D

Oh and Humble Pie is traditionally served with sauce bernaise, but if you want ketchup (icky) okie dokie smokie.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#90209 Aug 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, she'd better start walking now.
Seriously. What will happen to her?

If fiance gets fed up and drops her will she come back to B-N and move in with her parents?

It may breach some boundaries but can or should you alert Student Services? This is more than emotionally immature- the short version makes her sound unstable.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90210 Aug 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I can't make myself do any version of rare...no blood, but "medium" ever so *slightly* on the rare side works for me. If there's any blood or bright red that makes me think about blood, I can't eat it, but a nice healthy dark pink is just about perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I grew up with all the meat my mother ever cooked being turned into greasy (it was always greasy, even when it was grilled...idk why) hockey pucks. It took me several years to learn that meat (1) is ok cooked other ways and (2) much better cooked other ways. If "well-done" had been the only choice I think I would have become a full on vegetarian by the time I was 20.

Neda, stay with me!

#90211 Aug 26, 2013
Ha, You are the second person to say this to me in less than a week!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
okie dokie smokie.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90212 Aug 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I bet they put ketcup on those hockey pucks, too! Gross!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90213 Aug 26, 2013
Grrrr...

Monday mornings.

Was late for a derntist appointment - when I was leaving the appointment, I backed into a new handrail tehy put up that I didn't see. Handrail is just scratched a little (I went in an d told him, he came out and didn't care), but my tail light was ripped out of the back end of my car and shattered. Went to get into my car and bashed the side of my head on the roof. Ugh.

Now I get in and my backup announces she is taking this Friday off (she takes every 2-3 Fridays off and has already taken off almost her whole 5 weeks this year and still plans on taking both weeks at Christmas, plus time at Thanksgiving AND all these Fridays she keeps taking. I am more than a little POd. Then, when I want to take time, my boss is always telling me to check to make sure she's here. I am still thinking of putting if for time next summer during the time I know she likes her 2 weeks. Just cuz.

I otherwise like her, but she is NEVER. HERE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,775
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,153,562
abby 12-19 6 min RACE 2
Amy 12-19 7 min PEllen 3
9 inch kaa land 44 min Dinesh Kumar Meena 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 50 min RACE 4,914
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,882
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:32 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:32PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
NBC Sports 7:47 PM
Golden Tate excited for Jimmy Clausen to get another starting opportunity
Bleacher Report 1:38 AM
Cowboys' Week 16 Preview vs. Colts
NBC Sports 3:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?