Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90188 Aug 25, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Maybe it was something physical, like bad gas or even a panic attack. That he hasn't called yet could mean embarrassment on his part.
That's it! He has ulcerative colitis! Wanna marry THAT?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90189 Aug 25, 2013
First in country to wear pasta strainer in government ID photo by claiming it is part of his 'religion' in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24018...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24018...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90190 Aug 25, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was something physical, like bad gas or even a panic attack. That he hasn't called yet could mean embarrassment on his part.
LOL, I thought of that!

Well, he called at 9 and we're going dancing Friday AND he locked in Labor Day for a picnic, lol.
I maintain: guys.are.freaking.weird.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90191 Aug 25, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I thought of that!
Well, he called at 9 and we're going dancing Friday AND he locked in Labor Day for a picnic, lol.
I maintain: guys.are.freaking.weird.
You women think things are so complicated. Its obvious. He laid money on the Dodgers to take out the Sox and cut into their lead over the Marlins, and instead, the Sox won and stayed out in front with the Marlins choking on fumes.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90192 Aug 25, 2013
Oh, I have not overthought anything these 6 weeks.
His behavior the last 1/3 of our date was drastically different than any other interaction I've known from him. It was very obvious.

Maybe he was in pain...weird...hope it doesn't happen again.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#90193 Aug 26, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90195 Aug 26, 2013
Thanks Dog

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#90196 Aug 26, 2013
We did it! My SIL is gone until at *least* Thanksgiving, probably Christmas. At which point, we may be chucking her out of our house. Long, long story short, she's gone from needy and annoying to just insufferable and impossible to be around. Move-in day, she threw a temper tantrum in front of us, her fiance, his dad, about 6 RAs from her dorm, her new roommate, her roommate's mom, and a few lucky strangers. Because the fiance was bringing in bags from her car that "she didn't want yet". After she stormed off, I was just like "Good f'n luck with that one." We almost left without saying goodbye, we were that pissed.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#90197 Aug 26, 2013
UGH! I look terrible with egg on my face!
Can I have ketchup on my humble pie?
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm DPRK is N. Korea... j/s
Otherwise, yeah.

#90198 Aug 26, 2013
HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!
(GASP!)

Served his country.....
NO, HE served himself and himself only!
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
He served his country in a different way. With no draft, he decided to serve the country by going into public service. And he did it willingly.

#90199 Aug 26, 2013
He wants to get laid.
cheluzal wrote:
So...some deconstruction help?
Last Sat had a date with the guy and he was all into it and didn't want to leave my car, even in the rain.
Called Tue. to check on me and how work started. I couldn't chat long but he was nice about it.
We already had a date last night and I never heard from him between Tue and last night, but he arrived and all seemed 'normal' and fine. We chatted like always and he was putting his arm around my chair and I was leaning into him and things were as usual, but about 3/4 into it he got really quiet and standoffish.
I asked if he was okay and he said yes, but he was quiet and his leg was tapping furiously under the table. At my car he didn't open the door like always and he didn't linger.
Can't think of anything to prompt that in the last week....any thoughts??

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#90200 Aug 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
We did it! My SIL is gone until at *least* Thanksgiving, probably Christmas. At which point, we may be chucking her out of our house. Long, long story short, she's gone from needy and annoying to just insufferable and impossible to be around. Move-in day, she threw a temper tantrum in front of us, her fiance, his dad, about 6 RAs from her dorm, her new roommate, her roommate's mom, and a few lucky strangers. Because the fiance was bringing in bags from her car that "she didn't want yet". After she stormed off, I was just like "Good f'n luck with that one." We almost left without saying goodbye, we were that pissed.
Eh, she'll be back before weeks end

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#90201 Aug 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!
(GASP!)
Served his country.....
NO, HE served himself and himself only!
<quoted text>
Toj's comment could be said of ALL politicians.

#90202 Aug 26, 2013

#90203 Aug 26, 2013
Thats like dead animal cruelty dude!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>It IS steak night. Just went to Logans.
Just for you,Race. Wife ordered medium well. I ordered well done. She had to send hers back cause it was medium. I didn't want to deal with sending mine back, but showed the waitress how terrible my steak was prepared with so much red.
Gave us $5 off. Probably some snobby new cook back there trying to push his taste on the customers.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90204 Aug 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Wow. And...I want the long version with all of the sordid details. Make sure to use all the dirty words!:D

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#90205 Aug 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
Thats like dead animal cruelty dude!
<quoted text>
Right? Why even order the steak? I've got a few spare hockey pucks they can chew on...

West Palm Beach, FL

#90206 Aug 26, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. And...I want the long version with all of the sordid details. Make sure to use all the dirty words!:D
I second this request!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#90207 Aug 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, she'll be back before weeks end
Ha, she'd better start walking now.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90208 Aug 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
UGH! I look terrible with egg on my face!
Can I have ketchup on my humble pie?
<quoted text>
Heh...it happens. I did something like that over the weekend too. Can't remember what it was now, but I remember rolling my eyes at myself at the time.:D

Oh and Humble Pie is traditionally served with sauce bernaise, but if you want ketchup (icky) okie dokie smokie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min ChristineW 1,263,745
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,582
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) 2 hr Sergant of order 161
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Gas Woman 70,145
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mexico 54,319
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 6 hr OLD need 2 die 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Rahm Emanuel as Mayor? (Sep '12) 6 hr NAZIFASCISTSTAR-D... 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages