Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90179 Aug 25, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
So...some deconstruction help?
Last Sat had a date with the guy and he was all into it and didn't want to leave my car, even in the rain.
Called Tue. to check on me and how work started. I couldn't chat long but he was nice about it.
We already had a date last night and I never heard from him between Tue and last night, but he arrived and all seemed 'normal' and fine. We chatted like always and he was putting his arm around my chair and I was leaning into him and things were as usual, but about 3/4 into it he got really quiet and standoffish.
I asked if he was okay and he said yes, but he was quiet and his leg was tapping furiously under the table. At my car he didn't open the door like always and he didn't linger.
Can't think of anything to prompt that in the last week....any thoughts??
Something happened between Tuesday evening and Saturday. My first guess is that he is also seeing someone else but that is only a guess.

Have you checked his profile on the site where you met? On Facebook or similar public sites?

Are you comfortable enough to call him up and ask what was going on? The worst is that he will say its not working out.

However, I have been out of the dating pool since 1981 so conventions may have changed and at a minimum you and I have different dating personalities.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#90180 Aug 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I've never been able to grill salmon successfully, also tuna....do you have any tips?
we do stove top, not grill, so i don't have any tips. i don't prefer tuna steak, because it gets dry as it cooks, IMO, and i'm not a fan of rare fish. if you have a good fish monger, check wiht them. the shop that i go to is very helpful.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#90181 Aug 25, 2013
i love making creamed spinach... should really do it more often besides for tahnksgiving. it's kind of a cross between Berhoff's and Lawry's.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#90182 Aug 25, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
Last Sat had a date with the guy and he was all into it and didn't want to leave my car, even in the rain.
Called Tue. to check on me and how work started. I couldn't chat long but he was nice about it.
We already had a date last night and I never heard from him between Tue and last night, but he arrived and all seemed 'normal' and fine. We chatted like always and he was putting his arm around my chair and I was leaning into him and things were as usual, but about 3/4 into it he got really quiet and standoffish.
I asked if he was okay and he said yes, but he was quiet and his leg was tapping furiously under the table. At my car he didn't open the door like always and he didn't linger.
You must have said something unknowingly. He could have even misunderstood you. That's weird 3/4 into a date to suddenly change. I'd face it head-on with him and be a bit more blunt b/c the soft ask (which I would have done, too) didn't work and you're are not a mind reader. Are you?:) Sounds like his issue but you just need to know what the heck that issue is.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90183 Aug 25, 2013
I thinnk something happened between T and S as well.
He could be seeing someone else, but I lean more no.

Yeah, we started just fine and towards the end he got quiet and it was the only date he wanted to exit from.

I can check his profile but he'd see I checked, so I won't.
I'm giving him until Wed. then I'll call. I would hope he'd at least communicate with me if it's something to discuss or if he just lost interest suddenly. After 6 weeks, you can't just never talk to me again.
So weird and infuriating. I see great potential in him and not knowing is driving me crazy!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90184 Aug 25, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
we do stove top, not grill, so i don't have any tips. i don't prefer tuna steak, because it gets dry as it cooks, IMO, and i'm not a fan of rare fish. if you have a good fish monger, check wiht them. the shop that i go to is very helpful.
Yeah, thanks...i just wish at those prices, i should have studied better...lol...Saw a segment on the nightly news about how low lobster prices are, this summer...as low as $3 a pound at the docks...but, the lowest we've seen it at our places is $6.99 a pound, which is still good, i guess....the news spoke about how many restaurants had'nt lowered it on their menu, cause it's such a profit maker...lol...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#90185 Aug 25, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
Who knows? We're not mind readers. Maybe you said something that threw him? But I agree with Pelly, you're probably not the only woman he's seeing at the moment.

See, in retrospect I'm not looking so bad now, am I?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90186 Aug 25, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows? We're not mind readers. Maybe you said something that threw him? But I agree with Pelly, you're probably not the only woman he's seeing at the moment.
See, in retrospect I'm not looking so bad now, am I?
Pfftt....
It's just annoying, ya know?
6 weeks and he's all into and then poof-weird. But weird near the end of a date?? Why be all nice and cozy and normal for most of it?
But I really expected a call on Fri. so I was already wondering then....I hate the not knowing the most.
I'm a big girl. Hopfully, I get some reason and not just the fade away, not after 6 weeks. That wou;d be rude.
But I don't deserve someone who is willing to throw me aside.
:)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#90187 Aug 25, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
Maybe it was something physical, like bad gas or even a panic attack. That he hasn't called yet could mean embarrassment on his part.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#90188 Aug 25, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Maybe it was something physical, like bad gas or even a panic attack. That he hasn't called yet could mean embarrassment on his part.
That's it! He has ulcerative colitis! Wanna marry THAT?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#90189 Aug 25, 2013
First in country to wear pasta strainer in government ID photo by claiming it is part of his 'religion' in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24018...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24018...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90190 Aug 25, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I thought of that!

Well, he called at 9 and we're going dancing Friday AND he locked in Labor Day for a picnic, lol.
I maintain: guys.are.freaking.weird.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90191 Aug 25, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I thought of that!
Well, he called at 9 and we're going dancing Friday AND he locked in Labor Day for a picnic, lol.
I maintain: guys.are.freaking.weird.
You women think things are so complicated. Its obvious. He laid money on the Dodgers to take out the Sox and cut into their lead over the Marlins, and instead, the Sox won and stayed out in front with the Marlins choking on fumes.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90192 Aug 25, 2013
Oh, I have not overthought anything these 6 weeks.
His behavior the last 1/3 of our date was drastically different than any other interaction I've known from him. It was very obvious.

Maybe he was in pain...weird...hope it doesn't happen again.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#90193 Aug 26, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#90195 Aug 26, 2013
Thanks Dog

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#90196 Aug 26, 2013
We did it! My SIL is gone until at *least* Thanksgiving, probably Christmas. At which point, we may be chucking her out of our house. Long, long story short, she's gone from needy and annoying to just insufferable and impossible to be around. Move-in day, she threw a temper tantrum in front of us, her fiance, his dad, about 6 RAs from her dorm, her new roommate, her roommate's mom, and a few lucky strangers. Because the fiance was bringing in bags from her car that "she didn't want yet". After she stormed off, I was just like "Good f'n luck with that one." We almost left without saying goodbye, we were that pissed.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#90197 Aug 26, 2013
UGH! I look terrible with egg on my face!
Can I have ketchup on my humble pie?
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm DPRK is N. Korea... j/s
Otherwise, yeah.

“Where is Tonka?”

#90198 Aug 26, 2013
HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!
(GASP!)

Served his country.....
NO, HE served himself and himself only!
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
He served his country in a different way. With no draft, he decided to serve the country by going into public service. And he did it willingly.

“Where is Tonka?”

#90199 Aug 26, 2013
He wants to get laid.
cheluzal wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 230,967
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 42 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 1,457,903
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,751
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Moans6157 62,300
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr honeymylove 2,273
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Doug77 9,840
Word (Dec '08) 15 hr PEllen 6,836

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages