Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

I realized yesterday that I have not had more than two days off in a row from work since 2006.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I realized yesterday that I have not had more than two days off in a row from work since 2006.
Do you at least use up all your vacation & sick time?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never advocated for that. But having a separate table in the lunchroom and whatever allergy-free snack in the classroom doesn't really seem that onerous.
I can agree with that, but I find these parents expect the world to stop for their snowflake.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with that, but I find these parents expect the world to stop for their snowflake.
Just today, the girls' bff (who had to move to Ohio last year) had to use her epi-pen because the class before hers in the lunchroom had a messy someone who slopped their pb&j on the table and it was not wiped up. This is the type of thing that severe allergy sufferers experience every day. This girl is not a snowflake, she is a 3rd grader whose parents worry every day that this will be the day they get "the call." I guess I just feel that little kids should just be able to go to school and not have to worry that they may die there.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Sorry for the double post if it shows.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Do you at least use up all your vacation & sick time?
ABSOLUTELY. I don't really have a vacation planned and no money set aside for a vacation, so I take days here and there.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Just today, the girls' bff (who had to move to Ohio last year) had to use her epi-pen because the class before hers in the lunchroom had a messy someone who slopped their pb&j on the table and it was not wiped up. This is the type of thing that severe allergy sufferers experience every day. This girl is not a snowflake, she is a 3rd grader whose parents worry every day that this will be the day they get "the call." I guess I just feel that little kids should just be able to go to school and not have to worry that they may die there.
And each episode is worse/more dangerous than the previous one.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
Just today, the girls' bff (who had to move to Ohio last year) had to use her epi-pen because the class before hers in the lunchroom had a messy someone who slopped their pb&j on the table and it was not wiped up.
Well, that's what epi-pens are for.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Just discovered a Yahoo web tv serie, The Flip Side. Funny as hell.

http://screen.yahoo.com/flip-side-high-school...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

The rest of the world shouldn't have to worry about killing someone for doing normal things.
Perhaps the cafeteria should wipe tables down better.
This will be a lifelong challenge for this girl; best to teach skills rather than expect the world to accomodate you, as it won't.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
The rest of the world shouldn't have to worry about killing someone for doing normal things.
Perhaps the cafeteria should wipe tables down better.
This will be a lifelong challenge for this girl; best to teach skills rather than expect the world to accomodate you, as it won't.
No. People are not responsible for themselves. Everyone must conform to the lowest common denominator. If even one kid can't eat a peanut, NO ONE should be allowed to.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Sub lingual desensitization, 2013 article.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/28/an-a...

Severe food allergy desensitization, March 2013 NY Times article

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/magazine/ca...

This on is more labor intensive than the sub-lingual drops.

The point is that for the people with truly severe food allergies there are strategies and treatments available.

I am sympathetic to Squishy's situation; my youngest has environmentally triggered (mild) asthma, but I tend to fall more on Cheluzal's side of things. The world shouldn't have to accommodate everyone's needs.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Any history buffs( or older peeps) wanna help me out?

I read about a movie theater that won't play Oprah's new movie cause Jane Fonda is on it and they still hate her from back on the 60's. I understand she was outspoken against the vietnam war, but this pervasive grudge against her indicates she was more than just anti-war. What exactly did she do that sets her apart from any other celebrity of the day? I really have no idea.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
I read about a movie theater that won't play Oprah's new movie cause Jane Fonda is on it and they still hate her from back on the 60's. I understand she was outspoken against the vietnam war, but this pervasive grudge against her indicates she was more than just anti-war. What exactly did she do that sets her apart from any other celebrity of the day? I really have no idea.
She traveled to Hanoi during the war. Sat on an anti-aircraft tank and used her celebrity for propaganda FOR the NVA and against US aggression. Vets HATE her.

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

There's more. That's just the cliff notes.http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Jane_Fonda#.22Hanoi_Jane. 22_controversy

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Tonka, google Hanoi Jane...you will get more info than you will ever want to know.

I briefly flirted with using this as the subject for my research paper in that class I took about the war. My teacher, a Vietnam vet had VERY definite opinions and I figured I would be safer (my grade would) with a different topic so I went with My Lai. Even so he wasn't happy with my take on it (against the massacre...duh) but still gave me an A...not sure I would have passed if I'd done Jane Fonda.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
She stood with the Viet Kong and denounced America's actions. Much like the traitors Sean Penn and Dennis Rodman.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
There's more. That's just the cliff notes.http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Jane_Fonda#.22Hanoi_Jane. 22_controversy
Thanks.

I'd love to have been a fly on he wall to see this.

In 2005, Michael A. Smith, a U.S. Navy veteran, was arrested for disorderly conduct in Kansas City, Missouri, after he spat chewing tobacco in Fonda's face during a book-signing event for her autobiography, My Life So Far. He told reporters that he "consider[ed] it a debt of honor" and further stated "she spit in our faces for 37 years. It was absolutely worth it. There are a lot of veterans who would love to do what I did.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
She stood with the Viet Kong and denounced America's actions. Much like the traitors Sean Penn and Dennis Rodman.
Sean Penn and Dennis Rodman are not vilified to the extent that Fonda is. Additionally, lots of people denounced our governments actions over the past decade and I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who inspires as much hatred as Jane Fonda.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min harmonious 1,083,250
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Dale 175,088
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min litesong 45,875
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 59 min Terry rigsby 48,997
Amy 7-30 1 hr RACE 8
Abby 7-30 1 hr Mister Tonka 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 68,436
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search