Comments
88,741 - 88,760 of 97,934 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#90087 Aug 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
He's returning his book of "Snappy Comebacks" to the library.
<quoted text>
I think they owe him a refund.

“Call me Walter”

Dyersburg, TN

#90088 Aug 23, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi me! He thinks we're the same person.
He thinks I am everyone. I am the last thing he thinks about when he lays his head down at night on his donkey.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90089 Aug 23, 2013
Anyone else read this? Karma is a total beiotch man.

Neda, stay with me!

#90090 Aug 23, 2013
Well, in his defense, there were some pretty big words used.
IXSatanXI wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they owe him a refund.

Neda, stay with me!

#90091 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#90092 Aug 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
Old news, dude!:P

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#90094 Aug 23, 2013
The autistic kid will be fine. I really feel for the children of the evil woman who wrote the letter.

Location hidden

#90095 Aug 23, 2013
It's nice in here now. I guess someone finally put Din's ballgag back in his mouth.

“Call me Walter”

Dyersburg, TN

#90096 Aug 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
Well, in his defense, there were some pretty big words used.
<quoted text>
True, however, in my experience with that one, the bigger they are, the more he likes them.

Maybe not words though.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#90097 Aug 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Today's live chat with Carolyn Hax is her wedding hootenanny of horrors:
http://live.washingtonpost.com/carolyn-hax-li...
Samples:
My mother-in-law sent out her own invitations to our wedding. She felt her name wasn't big enough on our invitations. It was exactly the same size as my parents' names and only slightly smaller than the bride and groom's names.
My mother-in-law wrote thank you notes to all the groom's relatives, telling them I was too ill-bred to write thank you notes on my own, so she was doing it for me. She completed the job and announced this at the rehearsal dinner, before I even saw the gifts.
Hi Carolyn, I've recently been invited to three showers, all of which are hosted by the bride herself (did I miss something? when did that become appropriate?). For the first, I've been requested to bring THREE gifts, each from a different registry. One has to be unwrapped to put on display, one has to be wrapped in a specific color wrapping paper (god forbid the gift pile not be color-coordinated), and one has to be for a specific room in her house (in my case, the guest bedroom). For the second shower, the invitation says "no boxed gifts," but then also lists where she's registered. Perplexed, I look at the registry and find that she's only registered for gift cards! Apparently, we can't even be trusted to give her pre-selected gifts. Shower #3 cuts the crap and just provides a link to PayPal the bride money.
wow on the last one... older niece "ohso graciously" told (ahem, demanded) her mohter that SIL could be entirely in charge of her baby shower. SIL takes this to be R's roudnabout way of announcing she's PG (which R isn't yet, and that started a fight).$20 says R would ghost plan it all and bitch all the way to teh bank that her "mother cant do anything right" (which would be to ever-changing, exacting specifications).

but, since then, they've had anotehr faling out, including R saying that SIL will never get to see the (not even a twitch in their daddy's pants yet) children. if R even hints at having SIL do ANYthing for a baby shower, ill spring for airfare to get some of you good peeps out here to set her straight. Shes' been such a demanding, ungrateful little beyotch about stuff like that and to her mtoher lately

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90098 Aug 23, 2013
I want to live in Manhattan...but not in a slum...

Too late to try to be a high priced doctor I guess...or call girl. <sigh>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90099 Aug 23, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
wow on the last one... older niece "ohso graciously" told (ahem, demanded) her mohter that SIL could be entirely in charge of her baby shower. SIL takes this to be R's roudnabout way of announcing she's PG (which R isn't yet, and that started a fight).$20 says R would ghost plan it all and bitch all the way to teh bank that her "mother cant do anything right" (which would be to ever-changing, exacting specifications).
but, since then, they've had anotehr faling out, including R saying that SIL will never get to see the (not even a twitch in their daddy's pants yet) children. if R even hints at having SIL do ANYthing for a baby shower, ill spring for airfare to get some of you good peeps out here to set her straight. Shes' been such a demanding, ungrateful little beyotch about stuff like that and to her mtoher lately
I'll do it. Would be nice to get out of town for a couple days...

Location hidden

#90100 Aug 23, 2013
I realized yesterday that I have not had more than two days off in a row from work since 2006.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90101 Aug 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I realized yesterday that I have not had more than two days off in a row from work since 2006.
Do you at least use up all your vacation & sick time?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#90102 Aug 23, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never advocated for that. But having a separate table in the lunchroom and whatever allergy-free snack in the classroom doesn't really seem that onerous.
I can agree with that, but I find these parents expect the world to stop for their snowflake.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#90103 Aug 23, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with that, but I find these parents expect the world to stop for their snowflake.
Just today, the girls' bff (who had to move to Ohio last year) had to use her epi-pen because the class before hers in the lunchroom had a messy someone who slopped their pb&j on the table and it was not wiped up. This is the type of thing that severe allergy sufferers experience every day. This girl is not a snowflake, she is a 3rd grader whose parents worry every day that this will be the day they get "the call." I guess I just feel that little kids should just be able to go to school and not have to worry that they may die there.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#90104 Aug 23, 2013
Sorry for the double post if it shows.

Location hidden

#90105 Aug 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Do you at least use up all your vacation & sick time?
ABSOLUTELY. I don't really have a vacation planned and no money set aside for a vacation, so I take days here and there.

Location hidden

#90106 Aug 23, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Just today, the girls' bff (who had to move to Ohio last year) had to use her epi-pen because the class before hers in the lunchroom had a messy someone who slopped their pb&j on the table and it was not wiped up. This is the type of thing that severe allergy sufferers experience every day. This girl is not a snowflake, she is a 3rd grader whose parents worry every day that this will be the day they get "the call." I guess I just feel that little kids should just be able to go to school and not have to worry that they may die there.
And each episode is worse/more dangerous than the previous one.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90108 Aug 23, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Just today, the girls' bff (who had to move to Ohio last year) had to use her epi-pen because the class before hers in the lunchroom had a messy someone who slopped their pb&j on the table and it was not wiped up.
Well, that's what epi-pens are for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 8-30 3 min edogxxx 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Jonah1 49,505
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 177,391
Amy 8-30 8 min edogxxx 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min PDUPONT 1,100,240
Putin warns enemies of Russia: 'It's best not t... 1 hr I like Putin 1
Video Will The U.S Lead The World Into Nuclear ... 2 hr Hell Yes 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search