|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I have two words for you: F*ck you
It is my child and husband you are speaking about and I don't think taking a few simple precautions is too much to ask.
Sorry about their luck, but too effin bad. That's THEIR problem, not mine.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Don't get me wrong -- getting new people in here would be GREAT. THe more the merrier. BUt only so long as the new people are actually, well, merry. At least to some degree.

There's an unwritten protocol for joining already established groups on the internet (says someone who's been online for 18-19 years now). You lay low, stay neutral, get a feel for the vibe and the personalities. But this guy just came out swinging (starting with Race) and hasn't let up.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad this fktard stumbled onto our group. He made himself unwelcome immediately. And he continues to prove that our assessment was correct.
I like interacting with new people. With a few exceptions, most of y'all are idiots!
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad this fktard stumbled onto our group. He made himself unwelcome immediately. And he continues to prove that our assessment was correct.
DEFINITELY!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Din Chara wrote:
Why are you so down on prevention?
Can't prevent everything. Where does it stop? I bet you can't answer.
Din Chara wrote:
You would change your sorry tune if one of your family had allergies.
Pretty presumptuous. In actuality, assuming I had a family member with a severe allergy, my opinion would not change one bit.
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Don't get me wrong -- getting new people in here would be GREAT. THe more the merrier. BUt only so long as the new people are actually, well, merry. At least to some degree.
There's an unwritten protocol for joining already established groups on the internet (says someone who's been online for 18-19 years now). You lay low, stay neutral, get a feel for the vibe and the personalities. But this guy just came out swinging (starting with Race) and hasn't let up.
This.

This group has been around a long time now, too (thanks to Andie) and we've had people come and go over the years (myself included)and we've always welcomed newcomers that added to the group and made things more interesting and fun. But this time, we've been sorely disappointed.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about their luck, but too effin bad. That's THEIR problem, not mine.
You really *are* a poopie head.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Its a title he wears proudly.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, you're a goddam liberal?? We've lost more of our freedoms because of what MIGHT happen, and we congratulate each other on how safe we think we are.
"People who give up their freedoms for safety deserve neither!"
...Was that your credo...when Bush/Cheney began to strip our freedoms, post 9/11?

“Just laughing”

Since: Mar 11

Erte, Le Soleil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hey! Where's my coffee!?!

Just kidding Redhead ;) I like your post, as I've been reading, but don't want to step on any toes, and just kinda getting the lay of the land here.

I find the allergy topic an interesting one, and clearly emotionally charged. I think, and this is just hypothetical, that if I had a child who was that at risk, I might consider home schooling her/him. I know there is still a need for involvement in social activities, but those environments might be more easily controlled, with less chance of exposure to peanut products. A severe peanut allergy is so frightening. My heart goes out to any parent managing that risk.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I was gonna ask if you and your family wanted to meet up for some punch and peanut butter cookies, but I guess THAT'S out!

“Just laughing”

Since: Mar 11

Erte, Le Soleil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

RACE wrote:
It is, my whiskers would have chafed your pretty boy skin.
<quoted text>
lol.
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

What about the vegan kids? Nuts and similar foods can be a major source of protein for vegans. Should they be forced to modify their diet because they go to school with someone with allergies?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have reading comprehension issues. I'm so sorry. Your mom must be really proud of you being able to use the internet with your intellectual disabilities.
I think it's STUPID to tell an entire school they can't have pb&j sandwiches in their lunches because a kid MIGHT be allergic. Now, if there's a kid in school who has a serious allergy that is so bad, he can't be in the same room with a pb&J sandwich, then fine, make a rule.
But until then, no school has any business banning them just to be "safe." It's on the parents of the allergic kid to make the school aware.
Now go away. YOu're not wanted here if you're just going to be such an idiot.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

If your allergy is so severe you can't be in the same room (and many of those have been overdone and not true), the onus is on YOU to protect.
I am in the largest middle school in our district; asking over 1600 kids not to eat something because 1 can't is ludicrous.

No one had allergies years ago, then now we do. I know a lot aren't on the anti-vac train, but note many vacs are suspended in peanut oil....then the allergies kicked in. Something to research.
edogxxx

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Timmy wrote:
What about the vegan kids? Nuts and similar foods can be a major source of protein for vegans. Should they be forced to modify their diet because they go to school with someone with allergies?
Veganism is a choice! Peanut allergies are not!
edogxxx

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...Was that your credo...when Bush/Cheney began to strip our freedoms, post 9/11?
Bammy has far exceeded Bush's Patriot Act
edogxxx

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
I am in the largest middle school in our district; asking over 1600 kids not to eat something because 1 can't is ludicrous.
Liberal Solution: ONLY the school can distribute food to your children!

Chicago Public School System is the model for all!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Vegan kids can eat a lot of stuff, they can live without peanut butter. most crunchy people I know don't eat peanut butter anyway -- they eat fancier things like almond butter, cashew butter, etc., that they buy in bulk from their organic food wholesaler.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
If your allergy is so severe you can't be in the same room (and many of those have been overdone and not true), the onus is on YOU to protect.
No one had allergies years ago, then now we do. I know a lot aren't on the anti-vac train, but note many vacs are suspended in peanut oil....then the allergies kicked in. Something to research.
I've never advocated for that. But having a separate table in the lunchroom and whatever allergy-free snack in the classroom doesn't really seem that onerous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

in the early 1600s in a new settlement in America, Hannah Dustin's husband escaped with 8 of their 9 children when Indians attacked their village. Many people were killed. Hannah and her newborn and other women and children were marched out of the village. Hannah's 6day old infant was murdered in front of her. The Indians swung her baby against a tree until its head was smashed.

When their guards slept one night, Hannah got his hatchet and killed him, while another captive killed the other guard. Then she and the others got into canoes and went down the river toward a bigger settlemetn... then hannah turned them around and went back to where their captors were slain. She killed their women and children while they slept.

When she got back to the settlement, she was able to sell the scalps she'd taken.

A statue of Hannah Dustin was erected later, and it's believed to be the first statue of a woman erected in this country.

Ann and Nancy Wilson are her direct descendants.

I'm enjoying their autobiography.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 176,656
Give Up Your Police State or Live Under It 10 min Dan Sanchez 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min Realtime 1,095,087
Ron Paul: Mission Creep in Iraq...and Missouri! 19 min Ron Paul Institute 1
Internment Camps: U. S. Government Field Manual 32 min Gary North Videos 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 47 min Nono 3,894
Animal Rescue Group: Man Charged with Arizona M... (Oct '12) 49 min Shanaynay 2
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••