Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#89959 Aug 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that kids shouldn't have to do anything different based on a "maybe." I meant that the accommodations should start when a kid with a severe allergy actually enrolls.
I think I've mentioned my cousin before, with tons of self-diagnosed issues for both herself and her son. Well, now he is starting kindergarten and she is having lots of problems with the school because they are refusing to make special accommodations (like banning everyone from bringing PB sandwiches) without something from the kid's doctor. PB is a fairly cheap, nutritious choice for lunch and it could possibly make an impact on people's budgets if they are forced to find a replacement. I'm fine with that if it is legit, but don't see why others should have to make changes like that just to satisfy her constant need for attention.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89960 Aug 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Computer, political and conspiracy folk.
I am not generally paranoid. But
The NASDAQ shut down this afternoon due to a computer error.
Last week Google was offline for 5-7 minutes
WaPo was hacked at about the same time
NYTimes is reporting it and Fox doesn't mention it at all.
What's going on?
Lean Cuisine's website also got hacked. Someone hacked and raided a few people's "delicious rewards" points.;)~(true story! I belong to their program)

Location hidden

#89961 Aug 22, 2013
StinaRocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Banning something that has a lightning strike chance of hurting someone is far more than cautious. Now, don't ge tme wrong, if there were definitely a kid with a severe allergy at school, for instance, I'd be on board with that. But a blanket rule for an off chance of something happening?
ITA.

Location hidden

#89962 Aug 22, 2013
itser wrote:
<quoted text>I think I've mentioned my cousin before, with tons of self-diagnosed issues for both herself and her son. Well, now he is starting kindergarten and she is having lots of problems with the school because they are refusing to make special accommodations (like banning everyone from bringing PB sandwiches) without something from the kid's doctor. PB is a fairly cheap, nutritious choice for lunch and it could possibly make an impact on people's budgets if they are forced to find a replacement. I'm fine with that if it is legit, but don't see why others should have to make changes like that just to satisfy her constant need for attention.
Good for the school for standing up to her!

Location hidden

#89963 Aug 22, 2013
OMFG. I just got this email:

So it’s the longest story ever but one of the guys we got a bid from for the backyard (patio, reshaping, sidewalk, etc.) apparently just showed up at our house with his crew yesterday and destroyed our backyard, including the sidewalk and everything! We haven’t talked to the guy in like three weeks and the last time we did we told him that we would keep him posted on our plans, that we weren’t sure we were even going to do it at all (or with him). our yard is destroyed. We came home to two bobcats and I almost fell over. It is so sad. No more grass back there, no more anything. Ugh. It was a night of dave and I taking turn being angry and then being a cheerleader. Haha. anyway, dave is home today dealing with “frank.”

I told her to sue his sorry a$$ for every penny they can get, then hire someone else to fix the mess he made.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#89964 Aug 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Two examples. Out of three hundred million people? Allergies THAT severe are extremely rare. Not common enough for the rest of the world to alter their eating habits.
And one word: Darwinism.
I have two words for you: F*ck you

It is my child and husband you are speaking about and I don't think taking a few simple precautions is too much to ask.

Location hidden

#89970 Aug 22, 2013
Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>You are a moron, too. You just don't get it. You must be the reason it is written on every meat package that it's a good idea to wash your hands after meat handling. Yet I bet you are the one that does not wash after you maul meat.
You obviously have reading comprehension issues. I'm so sorry. Your mom must be really proud of you being able to use the internet with your intellectual disabilities.

I think it's STUPID to tell an entire school they can't have pb&j sandwiches in their lunches because a kid MIGHT be allergic. Now, if there's a kid in school who has a serious allergy that is so bad, he can't be in the same room with a pb&J sandwich, then fine, make a rule.

But until then, no school has any business banning them just to be "safe." It's on the parents of the allergic kid to make the school aware.

Now go away. YOu're not wanted here if you're just going to be such an idiot.

Location hidden

#89971 Aug 22, 2013
And no more quoting squishy mama's posts, Din Dickhead. She's way too good for you to sully with your dog jizz breath.
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89972 Aug 22, 2013
Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>One kid saved is one kid saved. You are a moron. I am glad many schools are playing it safe. Good thing you aren't in charge of anything.
You obviously can't read because most of us have said that we agree that precautions should be taken if a kid has a known allergy but that blanket rules shouldn't be arbitrarily made for the heck of it. Clearly, I am not the moron here.

Location hidden

#89973 Aug 22, 2013
StinaRocks wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously can't read because most of us have said that we agree that precautions should be taken if a kid has a known allergy but that blanket rules shouldn't be arbitrarily made for the heck of it. Clearly, I am not the moron here.
It's too bad this fktard stumbled onto our group. He made himself unwelcome immediately. And he continues to prove that our assessment was correct.

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#89974 Aug 22, 2013
Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>You are a moron, too. You just don't get it. You must be the reason it is written on every meat package that it's a good idea to wash your hands after meat handling. Yet I bet you are the one that does not wash after you maul meat.
You just make friends everywhere you go dontcha dummy?

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#89975 Aug 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have reading comprehension issues. I'm so sorry. Your mom must be really proud of you being able to use the internet with your intellectual disabilities.
I think it's STUPID to tell an entire school they can't have pb&j sandwiches in their lunches because a kid MIGHT be allergic. Now, if there's a kid in school who has a serious allergy that is so bad, he can't be in the same room with a pb&J sandwich, then fine, make a rule.
But until then, no school has any business banning them just to be "safe." It's on the parents of the allergic kid to make the school aware.
Now go away. YOu're not wanted here if you're just going to be such an idiot.
Reading comprehension isn't their strong suit, that's for sure.

They aren't wanted anywhere. It's a sock. It comes here and plays games to build a post count hoping we won't realize it's a sock but since they lack self control they can't help making premature comments. If you want to see where it goes after adding absolutely no valuable input to your threads I will gladly share.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#89976 Aug 22, 2013
Why? I heard you like it Rough and Raw.
Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>At least you admit that I am pretty, but I could have borrowed some of your chapped ass cream.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#89977 Aug 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad this fktard stumbled onto our group. He made himself unwelcome immediately. And he continues to prove that our assessment was correct.
Agreed.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#89978 Aug 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Computer, political and conspiracy folk.
I am not generally paranoid. But
The NASDAQ shut down this afternoon due to a computer error.
Last week Google was offline for 5-7 minutes
WaPo was hacked at about the same time
NYTimes is reporting it and Fox doesn't mention it at all.
What's going on?
And today I couldn't withdraw any money with my ATM card! Kept saying I exceeded my limit. Having not withdrawn anything for about two weeks, I call the bank almost frantic that my account has been hacked! They said it was an issue on THEIR end. I feel better, but yeah, what's all this about lately?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#89979 Aug 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen a more awkward introduction since I first showed up!

:D

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#89981 Aug 22, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I have two words for you: F*ck you
It is my child and husband you are speaking about and I don't think taking a few simple precautions is too much to ask.
Sorry about their luck, but too effin bad. That's THEIR problem, not mine.

Location hidden

#89982 Aug 22, 2013
Don't get me wrong -- getting new people in here would be GREAT. THe more the merrier. BUt only so long as the new people are actually, well, merry. At least to some degree.

There's an unwritten protocol for joining already established groups on the internet (says someone who's been online for 18-19 years now). You lay low, stay neutral, get a feel for the vibe and the personalities. But this guy just came out swinging (starting with Race) and hasn't let up.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#89983 Aug 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I like interacting with new people. With a few exceptions, most of y'all are idiots!
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89984 Aug 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
DEFINITELY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Learn to Read 182,038
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min flack 1,155,538
At least 3 wounded in Chicago shootings 55 min reality is a crutch 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 49,306
Santa Claus delayed in Chicago after getting th... 5 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 hr J RULES 71,188
Chicago Pizza Blows 12 hr joey 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]