Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Maybe some of you are bored enough to read this letter to Miss Manners from a guy who's so into recycling, he goes through relatives' and friends' kitchen garbage. THEY'RE THROWING AWAY CANS, DAMNIT!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style...
I love MM and have gotten behind. Was happy she had an article again recently about how it is asctually proper to eat asparagus with your fingers.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
THank you, Cat!
You're welcome, Stina :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If your avatar is actually a picture of YOU, your eyes are effing gorgeous!
Thanks Redhead. Yup, that's my eye ;)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
Oh, so your looking at the culmination of my posts. In that case sure I was out of line, but if you had a brain inside that rock on your shoulders you would realize I did not start till he had his little hissy fit.
Calling someone a bug peep is not patronizing, its just laziness, and getting upset over it is stupid.
<quoted text>
Glad you finally agree. And it wasn't the bug peep comment that was patronizing, you were patronizing his knowledge of bugs.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the one who does that. YOU are the one with ZERO credibility with everyone here.
Go be a troll elsewhere.
New who's being a troll? No one is even talking to you, you just feel a need to interject your opinion everywhere. And I have far more credibility than you could ever hope to. Your opinion is meaningless.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Calling someone a "bug peep" is not patronizing. People call me the "bone person" all the freaking time. Taking offense is just oversensitivity, and a higher than normal opinion of oneself.

He came in her appearing like he was gonna be a nice-ish guy then just started to insult people for no good reason. This is a (most of the time) nice forum with (mostly) pretty cool people and we don't need some assholeto come in and be all whiney about every little thing and insulting people all over the place while being deliberately obtuse. We already have one of those.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Redhead. Yup, that's my eye ;)
WOw. STunning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
New who's being a troll? No one is even talking to you, you just feel a need to interject your opinion everywhere. And I have far more credibility than you could ever hope to. Your opinion is meaningless.
WHy are you still breathing?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down, take a load off. It's not worth all this fussin'. I also think someone put something in your coffee this morning. Making you see some things a bit backwards, I believe. ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Wow, I missed some confusing arguments over the last couple of days!
Bitch! I'll cut yoU!

(Just adding to the confusion!)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you finally agree. And it wasn't the bug peep comment that was patronizing, you were patronizing his knowledge of bugs.
Dog, step back a minute. He came around at the same time Mimi was going on about the huge spider on her wall. He specializes in spiders. It would have been easy to say, offhand, oh that sounds like a Latrodextus maximus, don't worry about it or something like that and in those few words would have established his street cred. No one would have asked anything other than curious questins after that.

But that's not the way it went down and so people asked.

BTW the way I got that name? I googled spider genus and added "big" in fancy schmancy Latin. NBD.

Cat Ciao seems like she has a relationship with him. He'll be okay.

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
He's stealing oxygen. Duh!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you start that. 3rd grade ended a while back.

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down, take a load off. It's not worth all this fussin'. I also think someone put something in your coffee this morning. Making you see some things a bit backwards, I believe. ;)
They must be putting something in his coffee EVERY morning...and afternoon...and night. <shrug>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
They must be putting something in his coffee EVERY morning...and afternoon...and night. <shrug>
Put in more. It's not working, whatever it is.

Try adding antifreeze, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog, step back a minute. He came around at the same time Mimi was going on about the huge spider on her wall. He specializes in spiders. It would have been easy to say, offhand, oh that sounds like a Latrodextus maximus, don't worry about it or something like that and in those few words would have established his street cred. No one would have asked anything other than curious questins after that.
But that's not the way it went down and so people asked.
BTW the way I got that name? I googled spider genus and added "big" in fancy schmancy Latin. NBD.
Cat Ciao seems like she has a relationship with him. He'll be okay.
Hello PEllen. With all due respect...how do I say this...I don't really have a relationship with Din Chara, but I have encountered him recently, and we've talked a bit in PM. To be blunt, I ticked him off without meaning to, and he prefers not to talk to me at this point. Suffice it to say, it won't get any better than what it is right now. Sorry :/
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello PEllen. With all due respect...how do I say this...I don't really have a relationship with Din Chara, but I have encountered him recently, and we've talked a bit in PM. To be blunt, I ticked him off without meaning to, and he prefers not to talk to me at this point. Suffice it to say, it won't get any better than what it is right now. Sorry :/
Seems like he's hypersensitive - you likely didn't actually DO anything to tick him off, he probably just misconstrued something you said innocently and unknowingly. In a short amount of time, I think it's easy to see that he takes offense rather easily when no offense is intended.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

My Topix has completely stopped tracking conversations since yesterday afternoon. I put in to track, I commetn and everything but then it doesn't tell me there's replies! I think I used to have a "real" log-in, but I am not sure. That was a lot of years ago when we started posting!!!

I think they did some "upgrades" to my computer the last few days. Grrrr.... My Adobe is acting up, too.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you start that. 3rd grade ended a while back.
Thank you, PE! Geez! They might as well start calling me a poopie head. The maturity level of people who should be grown adults is astonishing.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
However will you manage, Cat?:p

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min EasyEed 1,079,997
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min TRD 67,942
Orange line robberys 23 min Whats the word on ARRESTS 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 41 min Terry rigsby 48,913
Abby July 25, 2014 1 hr Toj 8
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 1 hr Toj 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 174,628
Amy 7-24 3 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 16 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••