Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89893 Aug 21, 2013
Good morning.

Another warm day here. My hair looks effing awesome (went to bed with it still wet last night). It's bagel day at work. I forgot food for lunch so I get to go out for lunch, which is a treat!

So it's a good day.

I suppose it's too early to discuss the weekend.
StinaRocks

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89894 Aug 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good morning.
Another warm day here. My hair looks effing awesome (went to bed with it still wet last night). It's bagel day at work. I forgot food for lunch so I get to go out for lunch, which is a treat!
So it's a good day.
Lucky dog! I am thinking about going out to pick up Chipotle today, but I went and grabbed Pulix yesterday. I don't get lunch breaks, so I don't want to push my luck stepping out again! We'll see. I am just starving today!!!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#89895 Aug 21, 2013
Thanks for posting edog.

I was jonesing the other morning when no one grabbed the girls and I was too lazy to do it myself.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#89896 Aug 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Not if there are fun plans to discuss!
:)
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89897 Aug 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
My 10 year old is having 2 friends sleep over as a "start of the school year" get together. They started last week and the one bestie is not in her class and the other is being home schooled so she won't see them as much. We invited a third that moved to a different school, too, but she can't make it. Just as well! It will be a long evening and I can't even drink!:D

Location hidden

#89898 Aug 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a crazy busy weekend! Friday night is poker. Saturday morning is the Big 10 alumni softball tournament (scholarship fundraiser). Saturday afternoon is a friend's surprise 40th birthday party at a park (kid-friendly). Saturday afternoon/evening is other friends' annual back yard barbecue (it's HUGE). And Saturday is date night with Nick and the kids.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#89899 Aug 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Thanks for posting edog.
I was jonesing the other morning when no one grabbed the girls and I was too lazy to do it myself.
I'm always willing to grab the girls if you're not gonna do it yourself!

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#89900 Aug 21, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
However will you manage, Cat?:p
I think I'll live, Sublime.

What were we talking about?

:-P

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#89901 Aug 21, 2013
Good morning, Chitown! Hope you all have a fantastic day.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#89902 Aug 21, 2013
StinaRocks wrote:
<quoted text>
But I lose my cookies all the time!:D
What was odd was that I'd comment and hit "track conversation" then 20 minutes later see I wasn't updated. I do have an old log-in from years ago, I just have to find it. If not, I'll just keep using StinaRocks. Cuz I kinda do!:D
Yes. Yes you do!

Location hidden

#89903 Aug 21, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
Good morning, Chitown! Hope you all have a fantastic day.
I just now said your name in my head and finally got the joke!:)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#89904 Aug 21, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>

What were we talking about?
:-P
I think we were talking about how nice your one eye is.

BTW, stop looking at me like that.

:P

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#89905 Aug 21, 2013
We're going to be driving SIL and Fiance down to school tomorrow. Had a blowout with her the other night about her not being able to clean up after herself and do what we ask her to do around the house. She claimed she'd be moving her stuff out of our house at Christmas. A-okay with me.
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89906 Aug 21, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Yes you do!
Awww!:D
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89907 Aug 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
We're going to be driving SIL and Fiance down to school tomorrow. Had a blowout with her the other night about her not being able to clean up after herself and do what we ask her to do around the house. She claimed she'd be moving her stuff out of our house at Christmas. A-okay with me.
We will be keeping our fingers crossed for you! What a nice Christmas gift THAT would be!!!
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89908 Aug 21, 2013
So I've been wanting to go visit my bro and family in teh midwest for awhile but haven't gotten to it because it can be pricey and it's out of the way and it's hard to get time off. But my nieces have both had babies and I haven't been there and should really go. He e-mailed me today and said Weird Al is coming there (finally). I looked at the date and was a Monday (dammit). Then I relized that it's a Monday HOLIDAY! So it's a long weekend from work (I'd only have to take one day off) and we'd get to hang out (he is SO FUN to hang with) and I can see everyone. I just can't decide if I should really soend the cash right now... And I don't want hinm to think it's just to see Al - it just brought it to my attention and seems like the timing is right. Hmmm... what to do?!

Plus, I would have to take that Tuesday off and I wanted to take the following Friday off to be wioth my kid, who has a half day at school. I don't want to push it.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#89909 Aug 21, 2013
StinaRocks wrote:
So I've been wanting to go visit my bro and family in teh midwest for awhile but haven't gotten to it because it can be pricey and it's out of the way and it's hard to get time off. But my nieces have both had babies and I haven't been there and should really go. He e-mailed me today and said Weird Al is coming there (finally). I looked at the date and was a Monday (dammit). Then I relized that it's a Monday HOLIDAY! So it's a long weekend from work (I'd only have to take one day off) and we'd get to hang out (he is SO FUN to hang with) and I can see everyone. I just can't decide if I should really soend the cash right now... And I don't want hinm to think it's just to see Al - it just brought it to my attention and seems like the timing is right. Hmmm... what to do?!
Plus, I would have to take that Tuesday off and I wanted to take the following Friday off to be wioth my kid, who has a half day at school. I don't want to push it.
Go. Work will be there when you get back. Call in sick that following Friday to stay home with your child. As they say, no one ever said they wished they worked more on their death bed. Live now. Since you're visiting family, it should be a cheaper trip than say a full vacation trip.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#89910 Aug 21, 2013
StinaRocks wrote:
I say go, buuutttt, how secure is your job? I mean I'm all for going, but you gotta think of your kid and her security and all that. If your job is secure, just go then call in friday tell them you're sick. And don't tell them you're going out of town though. Just take off Tuesday as a personal day then Friday, you're sick. Shithappens.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#89911 Aug 21, 2013
This.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I say go, buuutttt, how secure is your job? I mean I'm all for going, but you gotta think of your kid and her security and all that. If your job is secure, just go then call in friday tell them you're sick. And don't tell them you're going out of town though. Just take off Tuesday as a personal day then Friday, you're sick. Shithappens.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#89912 Aug 21, 2013
Looks like mr grumpy is still lurking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min IBdaMann 48,553
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Teaman 1,143,889
After Ferguson the Protest Should Move to Chicago. 57 min Always Smile 10
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 180,847
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr ChristmasIsJesus 51,243
Amy Nov 26 2 hr RACE 2
Abby Nov 26 2 hr RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:11 am PST