“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#89854 Aug 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WHy are you still breathing?
Don't you start that. 3rd grade ended a while back.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#89855 Aug 20, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down, take a load off. It's not worth all this fussin'. I also think someone put something in your coffee this morning. Making you see some things a bit backwards, I believe. ;)
They must be putting something in his coffee EVERY morning...and afternoon...and night. <shrug>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89856 Aug 20, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
They must be putting something in his coffee EVERY morning...and afternoon...and night. <shrug>
Put in more. It's not working, whatever it is.

Try adding antifreeze, too.

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#89857 Aug 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog, step back a minute. He came around at the same time Mimi was going on about the huge spider on her wall. He specializes in spiders. It would have been easy to say, offhand, oh that sounds like a Latrodextus maximus, don't worry about it or something like that and in those few words would have established his street cred. No one would have asked anything other than curious questins after that.
But that's not the way it went down and so people asked.
BTW the way I got that name? I googled spider genus and added "big" in fancy schmancy Latin. NBD.
Cat Ciao seems like she has a relationship with him. He'll be okay.
Hello PEllen. With all due respect...how do I say this...I don't really have a relationship with Din Chara, but I have encountered him recently, and we've talked a bit in PM. To be blunt, I ticked him off without meaning to, and he prefers not to talk to me at this point. Suffice it to say, it won't get any better than what it is right now. Sorry :/
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89858 Aug 20, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello PEllen. With all due respect...how do I say this...I don't really have a relationship with Din Chara, but I have encountered him recently, and we've talked a bit in PM. To be blunt, I ticked him off without meaning to, and he prefers not to talk to me at this point. Suffice it to say, it won't get any better than what it is right now. Sorry :/
Seems like he's hypersensitive - you likely didn't actually DO anything to tick him off, he probably just misconstrued something you said innocently and unknowingly. In a short amount of time, I think it's easy to see that he takes offense rather easily when no offense is intended.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89859 Aug 20, 2013
My Topix has completely stopped tracking conversations since yesterday afternoon. I put in to track, I commetn and everything but then it doesn't tell me there's replies! I think I used to have a "real" log-in, but I am not sure. That was a lot of years ago when we started posting!!!

I think they did some "upgrades" to my computer the last few days. Grrrr.... My Adobe is acting up, too.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#89860 Aug 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you start that. 3rd grade ended a while back.
Thank you, PE! Geez! They might as well start calling me a poopie head. The maturity level of people who should be grown adults is astonishing.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#89861 Aug 20, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
However will you manage, Cat?:p

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#89862 Aug 20, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
To be blunt, I ticked him off without meaning to
Apparently you weren't the only one. Maybe it's him?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#89863 Aug 20, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
He's stealing oxygen. Duh!
How can I steal something that's free, ya stupid broad? Aren't you supposed to be in grad school or something? I'm surprised you made it out of elementary school.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#89864 Aug 20, 2013
Your not showing as registered, so thats probably why you lost all your links. I think Topix will email your pwd if you supply the email address you used when you registered.

Or, just register again and start over.
Stina wrote:
My Topix has completely stopped tracking conversations since yesterday afternoon. I put in to track, I commetn and everything but then it doesn't tell me there's replies! I think I used to have a "real" log-in, but I am not sure. That was a lot of years ago when we started posting!!!
I think they did some "upgrades" to my computer the last few days. Grrrr.... My Adobe is acting up, too.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#89865 Aug 20, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the feedback. I have to agree with Stina.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89866 Aug 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Your not showing as registered, so thats probably why you lost all your links. I think Topix will email your pwd if you supply the email address you used when you registered.
Or, just register again and start over.
<quoted text>
I haven't shown as registered in years and never had an issue with not getting updates. You're an IT peep - fix it!:)
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89867 Aug 20, 2013
SO I signed up AGAIN because I couldn't retrieve my password at work. I will see if I can get my old one when I get home. Then it might show my "real" year of Topix birth!!!:D

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#89868 Aug 20, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't shown as registered in years and never had an issue with not getting updates. You're an IT peep - fix it!:)
I think, Stina, when whoever upgraded you or whatever they did, they erased your cookies.

Yes, Stina, you lost your cookies!:) Without that cookie, Topix doesn't know what the heck you were looking at.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#89869 Aug 20, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Before i registered, i had several electrical events or power outages, while on topix...that would erase every reply coming my way...it was a bitch, in that i could'nt recall every forum and thread and was in the middle of long conversations and what a hassle.....Now, my computer may act up, but it just means i have to log back into my ID, and it never loses anything.....there is a difference....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89870 Aug 20, 2013
"StinaROcks"? Isn't that a matter of opinion? ;)~

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#89871 Aug 20, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like he's hypersensitive - you likely didn't actually DO anything to tick him off, he probably just misconstrued something you said innocently and unknowingly. In a short amount of time, I think it's easy to see that he takes offense rather easily when no offense is intended.
It also appears that "someone" is going apeshit with the negative judging icons. Hmmmm once a troll, always a troll...
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89872 Aug 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
"StinaROcks"? Isn't that a matter of opinion? ;)~
Only the SMART opinions!:D
Anonymous

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89873 Aug 20, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, Stina, when whoever upgraded you or whatever they did, they erased your cookies.
Yes, Stina, you lost your cookies!:) Without that cookie, Topix doesn't know what the heck you were looking at.
But I lose my cookies all the time!:D

What was odd was that I'd comment and hit "track conversation" then 20 minutes later see I wasn't updated. I do have an old log-in from years ago, I just have to find it. If not, I'll just keep using StinaRocks. Cuz I kinda do!:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,154,140
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 15 min WOW 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min Frijoles 71,064
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Maude 181,842
abby 12-21 1 hr PEllen 1
amy 12-21 1 hr PEllen 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 49,224
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:07 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:07AM