Comments
88,481 - 88,500 of 97,922 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Mar 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#89783 Aug 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you and much luck for the baby.
It feels very weird to know that someone I think of as a contemporary is a Great Grandma
Yeah, I was thinking of saying something back on the 4th (my birthday!) when someone was disparaging the 60-year-old with the 24-year-old grandchild. Same math works for us. Welcome to the world Daymon aka Little Butch! Gonna head over to see him as soon as my middle kid gets home from work :-D (I'm WAY too tired to drive.)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#89784 Aug 19, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#89785 Aug 19, 2013
Shredding before the wedding.

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/bride-groom-p...

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#89786 Aug 19, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
Doc called today. They found nothing on the ultrasound and recommend one in 6 months just to be sure!
WOO
Yay!!!!!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#89787 Aug 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
you know, usually when you stumble into an established forum on the internet, like a group of friends at a party, you don't just start acting all ass hattish right off the bat.
Chill, take a look around. But the attitude sucks donkey balls. Don't like it here? There's the X to click on.
Thank you.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#89788 Aug 19, 2013
Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>You are probably right. It seems the atheists are blatantly obvious.
You know not all atheists are on a crusade to be douchebags any more than all (insert religion here) and to lump them all into one group in a negative way might be offensive to some people here, even if you aren't really trying to offend everyone right off the bat.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89789 Aug 19, 2013
And yay cheluzal! A huge relief! I'd have been stressing if that had been me.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#89790 Aug 19, 2013
Ha! You said atheists and crusade in the same sentence.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
You know not all atheists are on a crusade to be douchebags any more than all (insert religion here) and to lump them all into one group in a negative way might be offensive to some people here, even if you aren't really trying to offend everyone right off the bat.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#89791 Aug 19, 2013
Well, DUH!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>hah! Now I'm the dumbass!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OPEeCYPGjm0XX

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#89792 Aug 19, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
Doc called today. They found nothing on the ultrasound and recommend one in 6 months just to be sure!
WOO
<high five>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#89793 Aug 19, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
WOO
Good,. Heckuva a way to start the school year though.

Location hidden

#89794 Aug 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch this video.
I picture new guy to be cut from the same mold.
"Shut your mouth. I am not a BUG PEEP! I am an Insect Dissectional Engineer!"
That cop is a dick and he should be fired andb anned from law enforcement forl ife. He gives good cops everywhere a bad name.

Location hidden

#89795 Aug 19, 2013
He did get fired.

Dude needs anger management classes.

And I'd like to see his psych assessment. He seems questionable. He LOVES being the authority figure more than is healthy.

Location hidden

#89796 Aug 19, 2013
They suspended him *with pay*, but then the police commissioner stepped in and fired him.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120430/013...

Interesting bit at the end:

"What's most interesting in all of this, however, is that none of this would have happened if the incident hadn't been filmed and subsequently posted online. In fact, absolutely nothing did happen for many months until the video was posted online. Rather than causing problems, this video seems to have done exactly what many defenders of filming police have said all along: helped to display and call attention to abuse of power by the police, in a way that not only punishes those who did the abuse, but also which will alert other law enforcement officials to obey the limits of their profession. Judge Posner may regret that police can be filmed, but it certainly seems like a good way to keep police from engaging in the kind of harassment that they have been able to get away with for years."
Hey

New York, NY

#89797 Aug 19, 2013
Has anybody seen Dave?
Dave you here?
TheOneAndOnlyDAV E

Orlando, FL

#89798 Aug 19, 2013
Right here, dude.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#89799 Aug 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
Has anybody seen Dave?
Dave you here?
Dave said if anonymous came looking for him to tell you he moved to Siberia. I think he doesn't want to talk to you.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#89800 Aug 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
Ha! You said atheists and crusade in the same sentence.
<quoted text>
I was being ironic. You knew that though.:D

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#89801 Aug 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
He did get fired.
Dude needs anger management classes.
And I'd like to see his psych assessment. He seems questionable. He LOVES being the authority figure more than is healthy.
Yeah, this is quite a few years old. I search his name every now and then to see if any further follow-up reporting is out there. There was another video of him being a dick for no reason to some other dude on the beach not breaking any laws. Pretty much power tripping.

Pittsburgh, PA

#89802 Aug 20, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave said if anonymous came looking for him to tell you he moved to Siberia. I think he doesn't want to talk to you.
Dave's not here, man....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,099,998
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 68,960
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 9 min SLY WEST 297
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min Dick Topick 49,472
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 12 min SLY WEST 7,746
Abby 8-29 29 min Stina2 8
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,300
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,361
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info