|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>It was an offensive post. Bug peeps, indeed. And WTF is it to you anyways? Are you the moderator here or just a buttinsky?
No, no. I'm the resident bossypants. Stina just fills in for me when I am getting a life.

Race's inquiry was phrased colloquially. You will need to ask him if he intended to be offensive, but it didn't sound that way. Research entomology is not a common occupation and it is not clear where it fits in the general constellation of work.

Possible answers could have included:
1. I am in academics (we have a couple of people like that around)
2. Industrial applications mostly- that could cover anything from working at a pet food company to develop cat food which does not attract pantry moths (my current personal bane) to be an Orkin Man who searches for termites.
3. It's an avocation these days. The implication could be that you have a net and pith helmet and chase butterflies.

It wasn't an interrogation; it was an interested inquiry about a new guy who has self identified an unusual ocupation.

I have to agree with Stina: no need to be defensive.

You can always just ignore or deflect the question.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>if they want to dish it then they need to stop crying about my response being defensive. You can think i need a stronger exoskeleton if you want. I am not the one CRYING.
WTF do you care what I do? I am against repellent because that and RoundUp is doing more harm than good. I use natural repellents. And spell check.
You mean you guys were really talking about bug repellents? I'll agree that Roudup and other chemical strong repellents do more harm. I do use natural repellents on my garden but I use Off for skeeters.

I thought "bugs" was code for something much more interesting but I was too lazy to scan back to find what the original posts were about.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

I dont care what you make (did I ask that?) I was just wondering why someone would pay you to dissect bugs. Why google when I have you, the local expert?
Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>I do not know who or what you would know. You can google what the pay scale is but I can tell you it is in the 6 figures. All occupations are here. Do you think all posters are unemployed? Too many products and services to list and many in the medical field... you need to learn to use GOOGLE.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Ok, that was good.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Race's question kinda "bugged" him a little.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Oh christ, grow up. Cant handle someone taking a short cut to your "official" occupational name? And WTF would that be anyway?
And WTF is it to you what I call you anyway, its not like I called you stupid. Get over yourself or your not going to be happy here.

Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>It was an offensive post. Bug peeps, indeed. And WTF is it to you anyways? Are you the moderator here or just a buttinsky?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Hint: You are CRYING, your just sobbing behind a facade of indignation.

Cheers!
Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>if they want to dish it then they need to stop crying about my response being defensive. You can think i need a stronger exoskeleton if you want. I am not the one CRYING.
WTF do you care what I do? I am against repellent because that and RoundUp is doing more harm than good. I use natural repellents. And spell check.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Hey, is my new avatar showing? My work computer doesn't show anyone's pics so I can't tell and I wanted everyone to see the pedicure I got while at the beach yesterday.
Do you get a discount, when you only have 4 little piggys?...lol...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Doc called today. They found nothing on the ultrasound and recommend one in 6 months just to be sure!
WOO

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

I thought she had a bandaid on one of them! Shows what I know about pedicures.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Do you get a discount, when you only have 4 little piggys?...lol...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Din Chara wrote:
Do you all realize that you are all telling me what to post, what you think i mean to post and what i should post?
Stop throwing rocks.
i thought you said you use spellcheck?

And dude, people are just asking about your life. Share what you want, don't what you don't, but don't blame anyone for asking.

Is it true spiders have ears on their legs?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
Doc called today. They found nothing on the ultrasound and recommend one in 6 months just to be sure!
WOO
Woo!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Din Chara wrote:
<quoted text>Do you all realize that you are all telling me what to post, what you think i mean to post and what i should post?
Stop throwing rocks.
Quote "Possible answers could have included:".

That was your initial complaint too. Lots of people come here and post. You remain welcome. Feel free to leave your paranoids with the cost check room by the front door.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

you know, usually when you stumble into an established forum on the internet, like a group of friends at a party, you don't just start acting all ass hattish right off the bat.

Chill, take a look around. But the attitude sucks donkey balls. Don't like it here? There's the X to click on.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Oh christ, grow up. Cant handle someone taking a short cut to your "official" occupational name? And WTF would that be anyway?
And WTF is it to you what I call you anyway, its not like I called you stupid. Get over yourself or your not going to be happy here.
<quoted text>
Watch this video.
I picture new guy to be cut from the same mold.

"Shut your mouth. I am not a BUG PEEP! I am an Insect Dissectional Engineer!"

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

could not watch, first it wanted me to install a new codec something, then it wanted me to upgrade chrome. Both times it said that it could not launch the installer programs.

But I say anyway.... HA!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch this video.
I picture new guy to be cut from the same mold.
"Shut your mouth. I am not a BUG PEEP! I am an Insect Dissectional Engineer!"

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
could not watch, first it wanted me to install a new codec something, then it wanted me to upgrade chrome. Both times it said that it could not launch the installer programs.
But I say anyway.... HA!
<quoted text>
WTF? Its youtube. You can't get youtube? Google Salvatore Rivieri. Officer Salvatore Rivieri.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

I don't even see a link.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Thats the thing, it did not take me to youtube. But will google.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? Its youtube. You can't get youtube? Google Salvatore Rivieri. Officer Salvatore Rivieri.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't even see a link.
hah! Now I'm the dumbass! I forgot to paste the link. The "link" in my post is one of those auto-embedded links that topix adds to the text now and then.

Here's the link I meant to post.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

you must respect my authoritie!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••