Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I am loving Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines," but also "Royals" by the teen girl out of New Zealond:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Angela HotMail...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Yea!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

When I went, there was only 1, so there was no choice.
squishymama wrote:
Yea! Yea! Yea!
Nunu got the kindergarten teacher she wanted!!!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
When I went, there was only 1, so there was no choice.
<quoted text>
We have 3, with 17-20 kids per class. This was the same kindergarten teacher that Lulu had and we LOVE her. The teachers get to pick the kids, and she had told us that she couldn't wait to get Nunu in class, but until the official word came down, we were nervous.

So excited!

Yea!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Yes, it does. And of course there's no obvious wound or bruise, so I feel like I'm being really wimpy, but dammit! it hurts.
Get an x-ray.

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good way of putting it.
Thanks. It worked for us. I was serious about it. I mean, if someone is so ... backwards that they would judge someone simply on their ethnic presentation ...really? They can NOT be someone I would even want to waste one word speaking to.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

The only thing cuter than a kindergartner is 20 of 'em.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

I'm bored and checking out lamebook. I loved this one:

"If you ever google 'gary oldman," for god's sake, don't forget the "R"! WOrst experience of my life!"

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm bored and checking out lamebook. I loved this one:
"If you ever google 'gary oldman," for god's sake, don't forget the "R"! WOrst experience of my life!"
Ahahahahahahaha!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Update on the dock:
My Macgiver engineering worked! Sure the overhead boards fell in the canal a couple of times, with the come-a-long, and the chains. The even fell on my head, and it really, really friggin hurt. But only a small lump, no blood so I figure no concussion. But I finally got it to work, and was able to raise the end of the dock off the bottom. Managed to saws-all the boards one one side next to the middle stringer and removed them. Then used a pry bar to remove the opposite side. Got about 1/2 of it done. Also got the ramp that went from the end of the dock to the boat float out of the water and secured. Will have to finish the rest tomorrow and figure out another way to build a ramp for the dog to get on the boat. And I only lost my temper and yelled for about 20 minutes, think its a personal best.

Thank God I love the water.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

RACE wrote:
Update on the dock:
My Macgiver engineering worked! Sure the overhead boards fell in the canal a couple of times, with the come-a-long, and the chains. The even fell on my head, and it really, really friggin hurt. But only a small lump, no blood so I figure no concussion. But I finally got it to work, and was able to raise the end of the dock off the bottom. Managed to saws-all the boards one one side next to the middle stringer and removed them. Then used a pry bar to remove the opposite side. Got about 1/2 of it done. Also got the ramp that went from the end of the dock to the boat float out of the water and secured. Will have to finish the rest tomorrow and figure out another way to build a ramp for the dog to get on the boat. And I only lost my temper and yelled for about 20 minutes,
think its a personal best.
Glad you're making "headway" with your dock. Our situation paled in comparison. We have 4 tires tied together at water's edge to stop the boat from hitting the retaining wall. So they were slipping deeper into the water. My son and two cousins and another guy struggled to get them back up. So I, using all my years of wisdom, suggested they tie the tires to the posts holding back the retaining wall. Ignored by all. After 20 minutes of all of them standing there and thinking, one of them thought of tying the tire to the posts. Geniuses, every one of them.

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

RACE wrote:
Update on the dock:
My Macgiver engineering worked! Sure the overhead boards fell in the canal a couple of times, with the come-a-long, and the chains. The even fell on my head, and it really, really friggin hurt. But only a small lump, no blood so I figure no concussion. But I finally got it to work, and was able to raise the end of the dock off the bottom. Managed to saws-all the boards one one side next to the middle stringer and removed them. Then used a pry bar to remove the opposite side. Got about 1/2 of it done. Also got the ramp that went from the end of the dock to the boat float out of the water and secured. Will have to finish the rest tomorrow and figure out another way to build a ramp for the dog to get on the boat. And I only lost my temper and yelled for about 20 minutes, think its a personal best.
Good job! On another note, this is exactly why, when guys begin fixing stuff, I disappear. I refuse to be a convenient target for hammered thumbs, head bangs, rapped fingers, etc... BUT I figure you'll have it ready by the time I get there, sometime next spring. Maybe...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

I better! The dog has no way to get on the boat.
Got the rest of the boards removed and managed to get half a stringer out. They are affixed to each other and its just a mess. Have to get it all done by tomorrow though.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job! On another note, this is exactly why, when guys begin fixing stuff, I disappear. I refuse to be a convenient target for hammered thumbs, head bangs, rapped fingers, etc... BUT I figure you'll have it ready by the time I get there, sometime next spring. Maybe...

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

RACE wrote:
Got the rest of the boards removed and managed to get half a stringer out. They are affixed to each other and its just a mess. Have to get it all done by tomorrow though.
<quoted text>
Poor puppy. Ger her ramp fixed pdq!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Race- all you have to do is show Dog how to use the ladder and he will get the hang of it really quick.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

A ladder?? How the hello would he get down?
I am thinking I will have to build a mini ramp, something light enough that I can set it up and break it down without too much hassle.

On the plus side, all wood has been removed, now I just have to haul it to the curb for bulk pick up. Ugh!

And heading out to get a massage, I soooo need one.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Race- all you have to do is show Dog how to use the ladder and he will get the hang of it really quick.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
A ladder?? How the hello would he get down?
I am thinking I will have to build a mini ramp, something light enough that I can set it up and break it down without too much hassle.
On the plus side, all wood has been removed, now I just have to haul it to the curb for bulk pick up. Ugh!
And heading out to get a massage, I soooo need one.
<quoted text>
(Sigh) Upper case Dog vs lower case dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 88,441 - 88,460 of96,401
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE