Comments
88,421 - 88,440 of 97,948 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#89716 Aug 16, 2013
Update on the dock:
My Macgiver engineering worked! Sure the overhead boards fell in the canal a couple of times, with the come-a-long, and the chains. The even fell on my head, and it really, really friggin hurt. But only a small lump, no blood so I figure no concussion. But I finally got it to work, and was able to raise the end of the dock off the bottom. Managed to saws-all the boards one one side next to the middle stringer and removed them. Then used a pry bar to remove the opposite side. Got about 1/2 of it done. Also got the ramp that went from the end of the dock to the boat float out of the water and secured. Will have to finish the rest tomorrow and figure out another way to build a ramp for the dog to get on the boat. And I only lost my temper and yelled for about 20 minutes, think its a personal best.

Thank God I love the water.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#89717 Aug 16, 2013
RACE wrote:
Update on the dock:
My Macgiver engineering worked! Sure the overhead boards fell in the canal a couple of times, with the come-a-long, and the chains. The even fell on my head, and it really, really friggin hurt. But only a small lump, no blood so I figure no concussion. But I finally got it to work, and was able to raise the end of the dock off the bottom. Managed to saws-all the boards one one side next to the middle stringer and removed them. Then used a pry bar to remove the opposite side. Got about 1/2 of it done. Also got the ramp that went from the end of the dock to the boat float out of the water and secured. Will have to finish the rest tomorrow and figure out another way to build a ramp for the dog to get on the boat. And I only lost my temper and yelled for about 20 minutes,
think its a personal best.
Glad you're making "headway" with your dock. Our situation paled in comparison. We have 4 tires tied together at water's edge to stop the boat from hitting the retaining wall. So they were slipping deeper into the water. My son and two cousins and another guy struggled to get them back up. So I, using all my years of wisdom, suggested they tie the tires to the posts holding back the retaining wall. Ignored by all. After 20 minutes of all of them standing there and thinking, one of them thought of tying the tire to the posts. Geniuses, every one of them.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#89718 Aug 16, 2013
RACE wrote:
Update on the dock:
My Macgiver engineering worked! Sure the overhead boards fell in the canal a couple of times, with the come-a-long, and the chains. The even fell on my head, and it really, really friggin hurt. But only a small lump, no blood so I figure no concussion. But I finally got it to work, and was able to raise the end of the dock off the bottom. Managed to saws-all the boards one one side next to the middle stringer and removed them. Then used a pry bar to remove the opposite side. Got about 1/2 of it done. Also got the ramp that went from the end of the dock to the boat float out of the water and secured. Will have to finish the rest tomorrow and figure out another way to build a ramp for the dog to get on the boat. And I only lost my temper and yelled for about 20 minutes, think its a personal best.
Good job! On another note, this is exactly why, when guys begin fixing stuff, I disappear. I refuse to be a convenient target for hammered thumbs, head bangs, rapped fingers, etc... BUT I figure you'll have it ready by the time I get there, sometime next spring. Maybe...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#89719 Aug 17, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

#89720 Aug 17, 2013
I better! The dog has no way to get on the boat.
Got the rest of the boards removed and managed to get half a stringer out. They are affixed to each other and its just a mess. Have to get it all done by tomorrow though.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job! On another note, this is exactly why, when guys begin fixing stuff, I disappear. I refuse to be a convenient target for hammered thumbs, head bangs, rapped fingers, etc... BUT I figure you'll have it ready by the time I get there, sometime next spring. Maybe...

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#89721 Aug 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
Got the rest of the boards removed and managed to get half a stringer out. They are affixed to each other and its just a mess. Have to get it all done by tomorrow though.
<quoted text>
Poor puppy. Ger her ramp fixed pdq!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#89722 Aug 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Race- all you have to do is show Dog how to use the ladder and he will get the hang of it really quick.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89723 Aug 18, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89724 Aug 18, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

#89725 Aug 18, 2013
A ladder?? How the hello would he get down?
I am thinking I will have to build a mini ramp, something light enough that I can set it up and break it down without too much hassle.

On the plus side, all wood has been removed, now I just have to haul it to the curb for bulk pick up. Ugh!

And heading out to get a massage, I soooo need one.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Race- all you have to do is show Dog how to use the ladder and he will get the hang of it really quick.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89726 Aug 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
A ladder?? How the hello would he get down?
I am thinking I will have to build a mini ramp, something light enough that I can set it up and break it down without too much hassle.
On the plus side, all wood has been removed, now I just have to haul it to the curb for bulk pick up. Ugh!
And heading out to get a massage, I soooo need one.
<quoted text>
(Sigh) Upper case Dog vs lower case dog.
got it right away

Hoffman Estates, IL

#89727 Aug 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
(Sigh) Upper case Dog vs lower case dog.
He's a doggone idjit!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89728 Aug 18, 2013
http://imgur.com/smpbW3H

Hmmm. Just sayin'

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89729 Aug 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Hmmm. Just sayin'
I liked this comment:

Dealt with these douchebags all through senior year. If there's not a hell for these people I'll tunnel to the Earth's core and make one.

Pittsburgh, PA

#89730 Aug 19, 2013
Congratulate me everybody (or at least, congratulate my oldest granddaughter Mira!)- at 2:55 this AM she gave birth to a 7 lb. 6 oz. baby boy:-)

I was always a *good* grandma -- now I'm a GREAT one!

('Scuse me, operating on very little sleep here...zzzzzzzzz)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89731 Aug 19, 2013
VAdame wrote:
Congratulate me everybody (or at least, congratulate my oldest granddaughter Mira!)- at 2:55 this AM she gave birth to a 7 lb. 6 oz. baby boy:-)
Wow, a great grandma! Congrats!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#89732 Aug 19, 2013
VAdame wrote:
Awesome! Congrats to everyone!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#89733 Aug 19, 2013
VAdame wrote:
Wooo! Congrats GREAT grandma!!!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#89734 Aug 19, 2013
VAdame wrote:
Awesome, congrats!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#89735 Aug 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Hmmm. Just sayin'
Gaslighting. Call them on their bullcrap and it's YOU that has the problem, not them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr the wandering girl 4,681
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr NMx 1,100,983
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 2 hr lucy 2
chief keef 3 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,030
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••