Topix Chitown Regulars
Mimi

United States

#89372 Aug 12, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! And a clever way to say it without embarrassing him too much.
In other news, back to work and I came home to gather boxes...my dr's office called and wants me to come in to talk about my CT. They found a nodule. I'm so scared and I can't concentrate at work right now....if it's fine, say so on the phone!
My niece JUST went through this. It was nothing. Yours is nothing....thinking positive thoughts.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#89373 Aug 12, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Those parents seem not to have their feet firmly planted on the ground. Calling your kid "Messiah". BUT, I agree that the judge will be overturned. It's the parents' call what to name their child. The judge overstepped.
Overturned?...By what?....Do they strike you as a couple, that would take anything to a higher court?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#89374 Aug 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be keeping your breasts in my thoughts.
That's nice, but the problem is in her lungs.

But I'm sure her breasts appreciate the good vibes anyway.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89375 Aug 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Overturned?...By what?....Do they strike you as a couple, that would take anything to a higher court?
I think they belong in stoner court!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Melrose Park, IL

#89376 Aug 12, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice, but the problem is in her lungs.
But I'm sure her breasts appreciate the good vibes anyway.
Oh, sorry. Can't keep up with all of her varying medical conditions. Thanks for keeping me "abreast" of the situation!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#89377 Aug 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Overturned?...By what?....Do they strike you as a couple, that would take anything to a higher court?
:D Maybe we should ask the Messiah...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#89378 Aug 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
The judge can't do that. It's unconstitutional. If they appeal to a higher court, it will be overturned. Arbitrarily changing a person's name. Replacing it with one of your own (the judge's) choosing? WTH? Oh also the judge mentioning jesus christ...yeah, not.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#89379 Aug 12, 2013
Red,
He told me in passing conversation when we were talking about DUI's that part of the reason they charge so much money was to punish people.
Those were his words, not mine. I am just relaying what he said to me twenty-something years ago.
I thought is was a very profound statement. One which I have always remembered.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#89380 Aug 12, 2013
Sounds like a pompous egomaniac.
Did he charge less if he believed the person was innocent, or did he only defend guilty people?
loose cannon wrote:
Red,
He told me in passing conversation when we were talking about DUI's that part of the reason they charge so much money was to punish people.
Those were his words, not mine. I am just relaying what he said to me twenty-something years ago.
I thought is was a very profound statement. One which I have always remembered.

Location hidden

#89381 Aug 12, 2013
Maybe 20-something years ago, the state's penalties weren't as bad as they are now for DUIs.

Location hidden

#89382 Aug 12, 2013
Dude, you're supposed to get high AFTER you get to Jamaica, not on the way there!

Needs A Bridge To Reality
CAR RENTAL | JAMAICA | GEOGRAPHY, THEMED GIVEAWAY, TOURISTS/TRAVEL, TRANSPORTATION
Customer:“Hi, I’d like to rent a car, but can I drive it to the United States?”

Me:“Pardon? I don’t understand.”

Customer:“Can I drive the car back to the United States?”

Me:“How did you get to Jamaica?”

Customer:“I flew here, why?”

Me:“Didn’t you see the ocean underneath you from the airplane?”

Customer:“No, I slept the whole way here. Wait. What ocean?”

Location hidden

#89383 Aug 12, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
The judge can't do that. It's unconstitutional. If they appeal to a higher court, it will be overturned. Arbitrarily changing a person's name. Replacing it with one of your own (the judge's) choosing? WTH? Oh also the judge mentioning jesus christ...yeah, not.
Do you think, they will appeal to a higher court?...I'd wager, they cannot spell, unconstitutional?.....

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#89384 Aug 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think, they will appeal to a higher court?...I'd wager, they cannot spell, unconstitutional?.....
The article I read said the mother had already filed an appeal. So she can spell something...

Location hidden

#89385 Aug 12, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
The article I read said the mother had already filed an appeal. So she can spell something...
I stand corrected, they just talked about it on the news...lol...Why would anyone put a child through, all the crap he will take...with a name like that?....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#89386 Aug 12, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
And the ACLU is getting involved.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#89387 Aug 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I stand corrected, they just talked about it on the news...lol...Why would anyone put a child through, all the crap he will take...with a name like that?....
Its the 4th fastest growing name of last year the report said. And as much as it seems silly, people will get used to it. People think Apple and North are odd names(and they are), but no one gives a second thought to Orel(Hershiser), Kobe(steak Bryant)?

Here's one that never caught on. Anyone remember the basketball player, God Shammgod?

Location hidden

#89388 Aug 12, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Its the 4th fastest growing name of last year the report said. And as much as it seems silly, people will get used to it. People think Apple and North are odd names(and they are), but no one gives a second thought to Orel(Hershiser), Kobe(steak Bryant)?
Here's one that never caught on. Anyone remember the basketball player, God Shammgod?
That name Orel, has to be a tough one, come's with it's own sexual preferences.....Never hear of any Adolph's anymore?....Winston?.....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#89389 Aug 12, 2013
And where was the ACLU when the couple who named their kid Hitler was taken away? Along with their two or three other kids who were named after prominent historical Nazis?

A judge renames a poor kid named "Messiah" and all of a sudden the ACLU jumps in and people are calling for an appeal. Lose custody of your children for naming them after a Nazi and no one bats an eye.

I'm not saying I agree with the judge's decision, but I applaud her bravery. More judges and politicians should stand up and defend against the much persecuted and hated Christians in this country.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#89390 Aug 12, 2013
So, what do you guys think of the rodeo clown with the obamma face?

Personally I think its an overreaction, I remember seeing nixon masks (I am not a crook) and bush Jr masks, and nothing was ever said about it.

I think its the messiah complex that people have for that dude. So glad he cant be reelected. Unless of course he makes himself king.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#89391 Aug 12, 2013
Thanks, all.
So the CT results said the lung nodule was a granuloma and stable and nothing to fear. Doc said usually from TB exposure--what the what??

BUT--the CT caught my liver and I have a suspicious lesion. Wha!! My bloodwork is normal and I'm asymptomatic, but still--it was hard to fight those tears back. I was a wreck earlier; I just got stupid emotional.

I'm getting an abdomenal ultrasound on Friday and we go from there. I had one last year with gastric issues and it was normal. I hope this is nothing. There is a good chance, but you never know, and when they use the word "suspicious" and "undetermined" it doesn't make you feel good.:/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Buster Steinbeizer 217,146
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Into The Night 60,203
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr President Trump 1,396,590
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 3 hr Crack is wack 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr Retired SOF 2,162
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 5 hr A Noted Observer 54
Observations 5 hr A Noted Observer 137

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages