Topix Chitown Regulars

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#89339 Aug 10, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
Help, folks!
So I had my 4th date with this guy. We get along smashingly and share almost every value.
But--at times (not always) his breath is a bit strong. Now, I know this is a deal-breaker for some, but I am 36 and would hate to break a potential guy because of one fixable thing.
I'm pretty sure it's due to a dry mouth and nerves (google it), but how do you bring it up (which I know he'd fix) without being too mean or rude?
Just joke about it and give him some gum or a mint. "Your dinner smelled better when it was on your plate, ha! Mint?"
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#89340 Aug 10, 2013
It's sometimes without dinner.
I'm afraid offering a mint would imply I'm readying for a kiss, rofl.

Guess I should try something and it won't be easy but I'd rather someone tell me.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#89341 Aug 11, 2013
Timmy

United States

#89342 Aug 11, 2013
It will never work, Dog. Remember, she has a dog phobia.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called halitosis and there is no cure. This will be an issue throughout your entire relationship. Solution: rethink your objection of dating the Dog....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#89343 Aug 11, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
They killed the kidnapper and recovered the girl alive. Yay!
http://www.examiner.com/article/amber-alert-c...
I alway's prefer it, when the really bad guys, either get shot or take themselves out....no court costs, no expensive incarceration for taxpayers....less paperwork...lol....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#89344 Aug 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I alway's prefer it, when the really bad guys, either get shot or take themselves out....no court costs, no expensive incarceration for taxpayers....less paperwork...lol....
Well I'm very much a "everyone needs a trial" person. Not that this guy wasn't obviously guilty, but it goes to the "we protect their rights to ensure that ours continue" ("first they came for the Jews..."), keeping the government in check, etc., thing, yanno?

But, yeah I'm not all broken up over this. Besides, they would have had to extradite (I think) him from Idaho, there would have been a big trial in Cali, he would have been sentenced to death for the murders, then he would have gotten a room at Hotel San Quentin overlooking beautiful San Francisco Bay, for about twenty years or so, and *maybe* they would have gotten around to executing him. <shrug>

I tend to be on the fence about the death penalty. First who are we any more than them to impose it? Even if we posit that we as a society have the right, there are so many who have been proven innocent over the years, with and even without DNA evidence it's scary. I kind of lean towards keeping a real murderer incarcerated for life over killing an innocent person wrongly convicted. OTOH, there are some, like Gary Ridgeway (Green River killer), John Wayne Gacy, Jeffry Dahmer, this guy, the guy in Ohio (with the three girls) who admit to doing it, or are so overwhelmingly guilty (DNA, etc.) that I go back to "why bother keeping them around?

But, it's also more expensive to impose and carry out the death penalty than it is to keep them locked up due to the costs of all of the appeals, which again seem kind of pointless re: Dahmer, etc., because they admit doing it, but in cases where one maintains his innocence, they *should* be automatic so as to try to ensure that there isn't an innocent person killed.

/rant

(not sure where all that just came from)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#89345 Aug 11, 2013

West Palm Beach, FL

#89346 Aug 11, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
It's sometimes without dinner.
I'm afraid offering a mint would imply I'm readying for a kiss, rofl.

Guess I should try something and it won't be easy but I'd rather someone tell me.
I'm with Mimi: offer mints or gum (less kissy-seeming) frequently.

Location hidden

#89347 Aug 11, 2013
Here in Florida, we have the death penalty, and though i believe in it...especially in cases where guilt was indisputable....it is extremely expensive, with all the accompanying appeals.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#89348 Aug 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I alway's prefer it, when the really bad guys, either get shot or take themselves out....no court costs, no expensive incarceration for taxpayers....less paperwork...lol....
The news reports so far have not shown that the girl was unwilling to go with him. It will be interesting to see if she was a victim or an accomplice.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#89350 Aug 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The news reports so far have not shown that the girl was unwilling to go with him. It will be interesting to see if she was a victim or an accomplice.
I was thinking the same thing. But then again, it could be a Stockholm Syndrome type of thing.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#89351 Aug 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking the same thing. But then again, it could be a Stockholm Syndrome type of thing.
I don't think it lasted long enough for that.
Either she was a willing participant or she faked it to save her life. One of the two...

All I know is I'm sick of her stupid gang sign/duck face photos. Surely they have classier ones...

Location hidden

#89352 Aug 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
They just interviewed the two couples on horseback, that spoke to them...way back on the trail to the lake....They all said, she looked very scared, but they though it might have been about the horses....till they started connecting the dots....Lucky, one guy was a retired Sheriff.....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#89353 Aug 12, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89354 Aug 12, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T7CCIUKM93...

Amy 8-12

(The original Amy was labeled Abby. Same column , just a corrected title)

Here Dog, have some coffee

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#89355 Aug 12, 2013
and you didn't because.....
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I *was* gonna catch one of those "weekend get away" flights to Ft. Lauderdale...hang out, eat some steak, maybe a little lobster/mango salad...some nice red wine... sigh ...

“Where is Tonka?”

#89356 Aug 12, 2013
Did he like you better in it or out of it?
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, it went fine. The shoe training definitely paid off and there were seats available too so I had no problems.
I love the dress. D loved it too.

“Where is Tonka?”

#89357 Aug 12, 2013
No, he did it because he could. He is greedy not moralistic.
loose cannon wrote:
I guess what he was saying is that by charging so much money outside the courtroom, it is their way of trying to alter the behavior of some people so they will not come back for the same thing.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89358 Aug 12, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/T7CCIUKM93B6IQBQ0#lastPos t
Amy 8-12
(The original Amy was labeled Abby. Same column , just a corrected title)
Here Dog, have some coffee
The original Abby didn't post. Here is a duplicate.Ang and I have already posted to this one.
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T7T14TC2CF...

“Where is Tonka?”

#89359 Aug 12, 2013
Four dates and you have not even kissed the guy? What are you waiting for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min WelbyMD 242,525
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 36 min rave on 8
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min Joy 1,579,094
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr honeymylove 3,202
last post wins! (Apr '13) 7 hr honeymylove 2,603
Looking for a girl 8 hr Tyrone Harris 5
Hire Dedicated PHP Developers For 1 Week Free! 8 hr Medma Infomatix 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages