Location hidden

#89257 Aug 8, 2013
Not for nothing...but pot's legal...here.:D

Muhahahahahaha

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#89258 Aug 8, 2013
http://www.quora.com/Desserts/What-are-some-o...

Best desserts involving mangos.

I can't remember if I posted this link the other day.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89259 Aug 8, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Not for nothing...but pot's legal...here.:D
Muhahahahahaha
Illinois has okayed medical MJ. Define medical.
Or schtupid

Hoffman Estates, IL

#89260 Aug 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's got something to do with...medicine.

Are you stoned?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89261 Aug 8, 2013
Or schtupid wrote:
<quoted text>It's got something to do with...medicine.
Are you stoned?
No. It was sarcasm. I can walk in to some doctors and with a little bit of planning describe symptoms and get a prescription. That has been possible since the mid 1960's to my personal knowledge when I used to complain of being overweight and get diet pills (amphetamines)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#89262 Aug 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Only for those with a terminal illness.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#89263 Aug 9, 2013

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#89264 Aug 9, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Only for those with a terminal illness.
Not true.

The qualifying medical conditions
are:
cancer; glaucoma; HIV/AIDS; hepatitis C; amyotrophic lateral
sclerosis (ALS); Crohn's disease; agitation of Alzheimer’s disease; cachexia/wasting syndrome; muscular
dystrophy; severe fibromyalgia; spinal cord disease; Tarlov cysts; hydromyelia; syringomyelia; spinal
cord injury; traumatic brain injury and post-concussion syndrome; multiple sclerosis; Arnold Chiari malformation; spinocerebellar a
taxia (SCA); Parkinson’s disease;
Tourette’s syndrome; myoclonus;
dystonia; reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD); causalgia; CRPS;
neurofibromatosis; chronic
inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy; Sjogren’s syndrome; lupus; interstitial cystitis; myastheniagravis; hydrocephalus; nail patella syndrome; residual limb pain; or the treatment of these conditions.In addition, the Department of Public Health can approve additional debilitating medical conditions

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89265 Aug 9, 2013
Just off the top of my head, it is easy to fake fibromyalgia and post concussion syndrome and maybe reflex sympathetic dystrophy- RSD/CRPS ( which are 2 names for the same condition)

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#89266 Aug 9, 2013
But if any of these can be terminal, I believe he would be correct. No?
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
are:
sclerosis (ALS); Crohn's disease; agitation of Alzheimer’s disease; cachexia/wasting syndrome; muscular
dystrophy; severe fibromyalgia; spinal cord disease; Tarlov cysts; hydromyelia; syringomyelia; spinal
cord injury; traumatic brain injury and post-concussion syndrome; multiple sclerosis; Arnold Chiari malformation; spinocerebellar a
inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy; Sjogren’s syndrome; lupus; interstitial cystitis; myastheniagravis; hydrocephalus; nail patella syndrome; residual limb pain; or the treatment of these conditions.In addition, the Department of Public Health can approve additional debilitating medical conditions

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#89267 Aug 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Just off the top of my head, it is easy to fake fibromyalgia and post concussion syndrome and maybe reflex sympathetic dystrophy- RSD/CRPS ( which are 2 names for the same condition)
Yeah, that's why clinics are opening so that people can "establish a relationship" with medical personnal before the law goes into effect.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#89268 Aug 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if you have some of these conditions that are not considered terminal illnesses and you happen to die from a car accident then ok. But that's pushing it.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#89269 Aug 9, 2013
We don't care what the law says about marijuana.
Smoking pot is a victimless crime.

“Where is Tonka?”

#89270 Aug 9, 2013
I was talking about things like cancer. Usually terminal, so he would be correct to say "Certain" terminal illnesses.
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if you have some of these conditions that are not considered terminal illnesses and you happen to die from a car accident then ok. But that's pushing it.

“reign in blood”

Melrose Park, IL

#89271 Aug 9, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
are:
I only heard it was for terminal illnesses like cancer and AIDS. I admit I have not researched the law extensively, so, if you say so.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89272 Aug 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
1. glaucoma will make you blind but it won't kill you.;
2. severe fibromyalgia is pain based on trigger points and will not kill you;
3.spinal cord disease and spinal cord injury is a broad term, but as a general rule the nerve functions that keep you alive are cranial not spinal nerve in origin, so this might paralyze you but probably won't kill you- see, Christopher Reeve;
4. Tarlov cysts, well just read the wikipedia description; 5.hydromyelia and syringomyelia, see http://sehati.org/index/patientresources/neur... ;
6 traumatic brain injury and post-concussion syndrome. If a brain injury is bad enough to kill you, marijuana won't help;

7. Arnold Chiari malformation sounds awful- your brain is pushing itself through the hole in the bottom of your skull; (SCA); 8.Tourette’s syndrome- the tics and compulsive repetitive behavior may be helped by MJ, but Tourettes won't kill you itself. Same for myoclonus which is a desciption of twitching or jerking muscles;
9 reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD); causalgia; CRPS are pain syndromes , http://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/chronic/ref... . Nasty but they won't kill you.;
10. Sjogren’s syndrome is a rheumatology condition- uncomfortable but not fatal;

11. interstitial cystitis, http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/interstitial... painful pee-ing but it won't kill you;

12 nail patella syndrome, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail%E2%80%93pat... , ;

13 residual limb pain the name says it all- not fatal

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#89273 Aug 9, 2013
Lupus is thought to be teh explanation for what people think are werewolves. So smoking dope will prevent Wolfman.

“Where is Tonka?”

#89274 Aug 9, 2013
Whats you point? He did not say ONLY terminal, he said INCLUDING terminal.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
1. glaucoma will make you blind but it won't kill you.;
2. severe fibromyalgia is pain based on trigger points and will not kill you;
3.spinal cord disease and spinal cord injury is a broad term, but as a general rule the nerve functions that keep you alive are cranial not spinal nerve in origin, so this might paralyze you but probably won't kill you- see, Christopher Reeve;
4. Tarlov cysts, well just read the wikipedia description; 5.hydromyelia and syringomyelia, see http://sehati.org/index/patientresources/neur... ;
6 traumatic brain injury and post-concussion syndrome. If a brain injury is bad enough to kill you, marijuana won't help;
7. Arnold Chiari malformation sounds awful- your brain is pushing itself through the hole in the bottom of your skull; (SCA); 8.Tourette’s syndrome- the tics and compulsive repetitive behavior may be helped by MJ, but Tourettes won't kill you itself. Same for myoclonus which is a desciption of twitching or jerking muscles;
9 reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD); causalgia; CRPS are pain syndromes , http://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/chronic/ref... . Nasty but they won't kill you.;
10. Sjogren’s syndrome is a rheumatology condition- uncomfortable but not fatal;
11. interstitial cystitis, http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/interstitial... painful pee-ing but it won't kill you;
12 nail patella syndrome, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail%E2%80%93pat... , ;
13 residual limb pain the name says it all- not fatal
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#89275 Aug 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Lupus is thought to be teh explanation for what people think are werewolves. So smoking dope will prevent Wolfman.
THen they should have smoked pot in that Harry Potter movie I saw the other night!!!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#89276 Aug 9, 2013
I'm just sayin' that the medical community as a whole has long had a preconceived bias, absent of critical thinking in regards to the marijuana plant and it's myriad of benefits, real and potential.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,581,538
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr ImPeach 242,537
Chicago is much worse since Obama was elected 2 hr check please 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 3 hr USA is great 1
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 3 hr tax time 21
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,945
sex crimes time to tell 4 hr Coco4u 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages