Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Saw the new Woody Allen movie, Blue Jasmine. Wow , are Cate Blanchett and Andrew Dice Clay good- not someone I would have expected in a Woody Allen movie together, but he just dissolves into his role.

It was a really nice alternative to ripped movie star/ CGI action movies.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Anyone watch Breaking Bad? I just started watching the reruns a few weeks ago, had a rainy Saturday BB marathon, and got caught up via Netflix last night. I can't wait for the rest of season 5 but I don't want it to be over!
My wife went through much the same thing, with Downton Abbey...we watched the first two seasons, then she went nuts finding season three...lol...We also caught up to Mad Men, the same way.....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Anyone watch Breaking Bad? I just started watching the reruns a few weeks ago, had a rainy Saturday BB marathon, and got caught up via Netflix last night. I can't wait for the rest of season 5 but I don't want it to be over!
Sort of lost interest around Season 3. I need to get back in to it.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. After my mom's boyfriend dies, she is done with men. Mainly, she's done being their nurse. She's now 2 for 2. She doesn't want to make it 3 for 3.
A work friend who is bout 25 years older than me lost 2 wives to cancer.When he started dating again, one of hi criteria was that she be healthy. I think I would be skeeved out if I was dating and teh guy told me I needed a physical before the 3rd date.

Curiosity: do single people ask each other to get STD/HIV tests IRL? How does that play out? Seems to take the edge off the spontaneity.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Curiosity: do single people ask each other to get STD/HIV tests IRL? How does that play out? Seems to take the edge off the spontaneity.
I have, a handful of times, and it's been a while since I did that, but the guys were fine with it every time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

I caught a couple of episodes of Mad Men recently. Didn't care for it much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

But I think I should have started with the beginning so I'd know what is going on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

I also have watched "It's Always SUnny in Philadelphia" (GREAT cast), but have never liked it once, despite numerous attempts. It just seems chaotic and stupid when I watch it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

I am just getting into 30Rock on netflix. Took me a few episodes to start to appreciate the humor, but I am into it now. Great no brain needed entertainment.

I like the way they do the commercials as part of the show.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I also have watched "It's Always SUnny in Philadelphia" (GREAT cast), but have never liked it once, despite numerous attempts. It just seems chaotic and stupid when I watch it.
It took me SEVERAL episodes and a lot of J talking nonstop about it before I got into it--I couldn't even tell the difference between the Charlie, Mac, and Dennis. You just have to accept that they're the most horrible, selfish people alive that somehow manage to not land in jail.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Parks and Recreation is my current favorite. Started out kind of crappy and then found its stride. They're losing Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe, though. Lame.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Parks and Recreation is my current favorite. Started out kind of crappy and then found its stride. They're losing Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe, though. Lame.
Asiz Ansari as Tom and Nick Offerman are my favorites.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

RACE wrote:
I am just getting into 30Rock on netflix. Took me a few episodes to start to appreciate the humor, but I am into it now. Great no brain needed entertainment.
I like the way they do the commercials as part of the show.
30 Rock is brilliant. Alec Baldwin as a Republican is *awesome*(especially when he's in Canada with his very pregnant girlfriend and he doesn't want his baby born in socialized medicine land!).

And while they do sometimes use Alec to poke fun of REpublicans, usually he's just a dead pan trasher of liberalism and it's HILARIOUS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Also, thanks to 30 ROck, I love Tracy Morgan. I didn't like him before the show, but he's great on it.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Also, thanks to 30 ROck, I love Tracy Morgan. I didn't like him before the show, but he's great on it.
I went into a minor depression because they're not coming back on the air. Love that show.

If anyone likes quirky English humor look for Doc Martin on your public tv station. Crazy characters and the doc is not likeable at all but that makes it funnier.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Asiz Ansari as Tom and Nick Offerman are my favorites.
For sure. April Ludgate is a runner up.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yeah, he sucked on SNL, but the writers on 30 Rock for him...just hysterical.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
For sure. April Ludgate is a runner up.
Nick: APRIL! A phone call nearly GOT THROUGH TO ME!!!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick: APRIL! A phone call nearly GOT THROUGH TO ME!!!
So relatable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Linda orders lunches for meetings. She is out today. There is a meeting today. She ordered the lunches YESTERDAY (she usually does them a day ahead of time).

Today, I've had several people stop by my desk, since I"m the only person willing to deal with lunches when linda is out.

"Do you know what Linda ordered for our lunches today?"
Nope.
"Well did she get us pizza or Jimmy Johns?"
I don't know.
"Can you see what she ordered?"
I have no idea how to find out what she ordered without calling various restaurants and asking them if we have an order placed.
"I just want to know if I need to go get a different lunch when I'm out running an errand."
I. DON'T. FREAKING. KNOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,881 - 87,900 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,788
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 42 min Frijoles 68,177
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,602
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 47 min newpoly 1,834
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 50 min NJ GUN CONTROL 1,073,283
Woman shot dead on Chicago expressway 1 hr Susan 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Independent1 4,489
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••