Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89181 Aug 7, 2013
I think some cops are too quick to taser (we had one guy die from being tasered -- turns out he had a heart condition -- over a traffic stop that went bad). They would rather pull out that taser than just use physical force. I think they should use the taser when physical force isn't enough or isn't possible.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#89182 Aug 7, 2013
They're finding bits of an old dude around here. Torso in a river in this county this past weekend and then possibly the rest of him in a (his?) house the next county over. I hope they figure out who did it.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#89183 Aug 7, 2013
On the plus side, yesterday I bought our season tickets for local hockey yesterday. I was practically giddy. My countdown clock app says 79 days until the season opener.

The team is in a different league this year, with a different name and different colors. Bloomington Blaze (red, white, and black) is no more--it's the Bloomington Thunder (LA King's colors--purple, black, white, maybe silver). So all my team swag is now outdated. The cool thing is, we're in a league with Peoria, so I'm sure we'll do some trips over there for those games ("The War on 74").

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#89184 Aug 7, 2013
I don't know. I just see the Tazer weapon as cruel and unusual.
Beats me why. I think it delivers something like 50,000 volts of electricity.
That's enough to send anyone's heart into wide array of arrythmias.
There just has to be a more humane way than electrocution by officer friendly.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#89185 Aug 7, 2013
Compliance with an officers instructions?
loose cannon wrote:
There just has to be a more humane way than electrocution by officer friendly.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#89186 Aug 7, 2013
Mathilda, i cna see that your sister may be in over her head iwht this particular job. i feel that dealing with the elderly is just as much a calling as it is a career. and dealign with psychiatric patients is another calling. add the two togehter and i can see how it may not work for some. But, i also agree that, from what you've shared here, she needs to try somethign for more than a couple of weeks...

i'm still working a job that pays the bills and allows you a bit of fun money... just a little bit of fun money...

Location hidden

#89187 Aug 7, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
Mathilda, i cna see that your sister may be in over her head iwht this particular job. i feel that dealing with the elderly is just as much a calling as it is a career. and dealign with psychiatric patients is another calling. add the two togehter and i can see how it may not work for some. But, i also agree that, from what you've shared here, she needs to try somethign for more than a couple of weeks...
i'm still working a job that pays the bills and allows you a bit of fun money... just a little bit of fun money...
Very good point -- that sort of work is a calling.

Location hidden

#89188 Aug 7, 2013
Weird, my post disappeared -- I responded to AS's last post.

Neda, stay with me!

#89189 Aug 7, 2013
FOYP!
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/gi...

safe for work as long as your boss does not hate the Mannings.

Location hidden

#89194 Aug 7, 2013
And now the post is back. Odd. It was there, then gone for a couple of hours.

Neda, stay with me!

#89195 Aug 7, 2013
It never disappeared on me! Been getting hot flashes too?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And now the post is back. Odd. It was there, then gone for a couple of hours.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#89196 Aug 7, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
On the plus side, yesterday I bought our season tickets for local hockey yesterday. I was practically giddy. My countdown clock app says 79 days until the season opener.
The team is in a different league this year, with a different name and different colors. Bloomington Blaze (red, white, and black) is no more--it's the Bloomington Thunder (LA King's colors--purple, black, white, maybe silver). So all my team swag is now outdated. The cool thing is, we're in a league with Peoria, so I'm sure we'll do some trips over there for those games ("The War on 74").
That is so cool...Years ago, we lived in Kalamazoo, and loved going to the K-Wings games....An NHL farmleague, they played Port Huron, Toledo and Grand Rapids....I loved it.....I still love Hockey and watched the Stanley Cup....

Neda, stay with me!

#89197 Aug 7, 2013
Just so everyone knows....
I bought $6 worth of powerball quick pick.
So, I will probably cut down on my posting as I enjoy my winnings.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#89198 Aug 7, 2013
RACE wrote:
Just so everyone knows....
I bought $6 worth of powerball quick pick.
So, I will probably cut down on my posting as I enjoy my winnings.
Thanks for reminding me. I did not win Saturday. Gotta run out and get MY winning ticket.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#89199 Aug 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy, did you catch me at a bad moment with this. Right now I'm super jealous and wish I had a stress-free mall job and a rent-free place to live. But I'm just frustrated right now....
But if she's sick and without insurance, she'll be regretting this foolish decision.

Location hidden

#89200 Aug 7, 2013
I'm already home. nick lives very close toa convenience store. Will text him.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#89201 Aug 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for reminding me. I did not win Saturday. Gotta run out and get MY winning ticket.
You're both too late. I already have the winning ticket!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#89202 Aug 7, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
But if she's sick and without insurance, she'll be regretting this foolish decision.
Obamacare, baby! You and I will pay for all her medical needs!

Long live King Obama!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#89203 Aug 7, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare, baby! You and I will pay for all her medical needs!
Long live King Obama!
I keep forgetting, since I'm one of the ones who work hard and pay for everything...I feel punished.

Tried to refinance my mortgage, just to lower a rate if I could, and the lady told me they wuld helpme IF I stopped paying for 3 months. So, I have EXCELLENT credit and a history of always paying my mortgage, but you'll take the risk and loan me hundreds of thousands of dollars only if I show I can't pay for it.

Somedays, I want to have 5 kids by 5 men and just give up, rofl.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#89204 Aug 7, 2013
RACE wrote:
Compliance with an officers instructions?
<quoted text>
That SHOULD be enough, but then you have abusive cops like this...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Jacques Ottawa 181,812
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min flack 1,154,065
amy 12-20 12 min Pippa 5
abby 12-20 30 min Pippa 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,917
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Sunshine 49,190
At least 3 wounded in South Side shootings 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:28 am PST

Bleacher Report11:28AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
Bleacher Report11:39 AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler