|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. And the third, apparently. The dog that bit me was supposed to be quarantined to his yard (back) instead the owner had him in the garage, sans restraint and he ran down the driveway, around my ex-husband (to the street side) and bit ME on the ass. All I was doing was walking down the sidewalk. We hadn't even seen the dog until he attacked. He'd previously bit a kid and an elderly person, yet the stupid owner still had him loose free to attack anyone who happened by. Lucky me. I so should have sued.
I've never been afraid of dogs, mom told me I'd walk up to dogs bigger then me when I was a kid. But now I understand what it means to be bitten. A few years ago my neighbor called me and asked if I would get his chow back in his yard. I've known this dog since he was a pup. He played in my yard with my dobe for years. So I go to the front of his house with a leash and sat on his front steps and called him to me. When I went to put the leash on he dug his teeth into my hand. He was never a friendly one but never menacing so it was a surprise. And it really hurt. You just never know what your dog will do. I've had dobes for over 40 years that would let the prison population in my house but I never took chances with any of them. Always were confined in a yard or on a leash.

To ridicule anyone with this fear about their reaction to a dog running toward them is just plain mean.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

*THEY'RE* pugs

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Race/ Mimi

Rush Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland is on right now on Palladia. Running for the next 2 1/2 hours. Don't say I never did anything nice for you.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

No, he was able to move quicker, but in my panicked state I was not processing his speed, only the fact this freaking dog was coming at me and I only kept it from jumping on me by using my rifle case as a shield.
If I were a business owener and a customer showed obvious fear, defensiveness wouldn't be my first reaction. For him to think we should all love a strange dog running at you in a business is rude.
He also must get it frequently and is tired of it.

I find dogs running free in a business rude. It's not expected and a major liability. He's a jerk and was completely unapologetic towards his customer. His sense of entitlement was repugnant.

Even dogs running free in a home should be trained not to jump on guests. You people let dogs jump on and sniff crotched of guests in your home are bad owners. It is rude. And the first thing out of people's mouth when you freeze, "It's okay-they won't bite you." Like that means I want it jumping on me and violating me. Be a better host-not everyone is in love with dogs.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

And I was attacked by a dog when I was 6. I have no fear as an adult. Maybe you need therapy?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Went mountain biking last Thursday and there was a stray pit puppy running around the parking lot. People like to dump dogs out in the country, apparently. He was gorgeous and friendly. Almost had me a 3rd dog. Apparently, mountain bikers are almost universally 'dog people', too. Everyone's standing around like "Well, I can't take him, I've got four at home already." "I've got three..." He did get picked up.

I see both sides of this argument. I understand fear and panic, but I also see having dogs around at a private business. All Chel can do is not patronize the business and tell them why, which she has. If some businees sets up shop somewhere where I'm required to get in a glass elevator or an open escalator to go to the 10th floor, they aren't getting my business, either, because that's my panic button.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
I understand fear and panic, but I also see having dogs around at a private business. All Chel can do is not patronize the business and tell them why, which she has. If some businees sets up shop somewhere where I'm required to get in a glass elevator or an open escalator to go to the 10th floor, they aren't getting my business, either, because that's my panic button.
And sadly, we don't know UNTIL we step in. I went there because that's whre my club's shoot was. I walked in completely unaware. How do you know people will let crazy dogs run free in the business? I know it's a private business but it's catering to the PUBLIC.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
And I was attacked by a dog when I was 6. I have no fear as an adult. Maybe you need therapy?
Are you grumpy because I didn't answer your call and wouldn't date you after you showered me with gifts when we met?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

So, J's good buddy B is getting married next May, to a woman he got engaged to after like 3 months of dating. The wedding is going to be super tacky IMO--camo vests, cowboy boots, and jeans for the groomsmen--I am going to laugh so hard at J--he does not do the whole redneck/cowboy thing at all. Neither do any of the other groomsmen that I know.

Anyway--the bride picked 'their' first dance song, and absolutely will not budge or compromise on it. Check the lyrics. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bandperry/bett...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Ok, chunzel, I'm sorry about your dog phobia. And you're right, the owner was a meanie buttface.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Ok, chunzel, I'm sorry about your dog phobia. And you're right, the owner was a meanie buttface.

You forgot to metaphorically pinch her cheek

I didn't think I would see you be condescending and patronizing . Something new everyday, I guess.Pity.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

They're coming out with a Daria movie. Looks lame.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Billie Bee Spreadable Honey. Good stuff!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

RACE wrote:
Billie Bee Spreadable Honey. Good stuff!
Is there such a thing as not spreadable honey?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text> Is there such a thing as not spreadable honey?
spreadable, as opposed to pourable
You can put this stuff on a piece of bread without it running through the little holes and making a mess

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

itser wrote:
<quoted text>
spreadable, as opposed to pourable
You can put this stuff on a piece of bread without it running through the little holes and making a mess
Ahhhh. Either way...yum.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
So, J's good buddy B is getting married next May, to a woman he got engaged to after like 3 months of dating. The wedding is going to be super tacky IMO--camo vests, cowboy boots, and jeans for the groomsmen--I am going to laugh so hard at J--he does not do the whole redneck/cowboy thing at all. Neither do any of the other groomsmen that I know.
Anyway--the bride picked 'their' first dance song, and absolutely will not budge or compromise on it. Check the lyrics. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bandperry/bett...
"It won't be whiskey, it won't be meth"

Classy.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Klassy.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Gross, that song is about losing your virginity on your wedding night. Enjoy the tacky wedding. We look forward to a funny description of the whole thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,821 - 87,840 of96,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min Frijoles 65,485
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min angel 1,036,083
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min Scrutiny 167,778
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 43,114
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 4,037
ask amy 4-22 3 hr Zap Brannigan 59
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Dusty Mangina 47,151
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE