Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#89067 Aug 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Should everyone be expected to cater to the one person who might have some irrational phobia? Or should the person with the phobia find a way to deal?
Edog is being a DICK ! I'm shocked! SHOCKED!

SEriously, get a vasectomy. You would be a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible parent.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#89068 Aug 5, 2013
Red,
What is it about your state?
http://www.startribune.com/local/218296391.ht...

Location hidden

#89069 Aug 5, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
I find dogs running free in a business rude. It's not expected and a major liability. He's a jerk and was completely unapologetic towards his customer. His sense of entitlement was repugnant.
Even dogs running free in a home should be trained not to jump on guests. You people let dogs jump on and sniff crotched of guests in your home are bad owners. It is rude. And the first thing out of people's mouth when you freeze, "It's okay-they won't bite you." Like that means I want it jumping on me and violating me. Be a better host-not everyone is in love with dogs.
I love dogs and I agree 100% with you on this.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#89070 Aug 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Gross, that song is about losing your virginity on your wedding night. Enjoy the tacky wedding. We look forward to a funny description of the whole thing.
She actually is a virgin. At like 32. Doesn't seem bothered that he's got quite the track record. I like her, but I'm starting to think she's a little bit psychopants.

I am going to have to behave myself and I don't know how. I can't even THINK about J wearing that getup without laughing.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#89071 Aug 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Red,
I saw a thing on this on 20/20 or Dateline -- one of those news magazine type shows.

It's a tiny town that doesn't really need a mayor. I think it's for the tourists? A questionmark b/c I'm not sure I'm remembering that part correctly.

I think it's cute. Everyone in the town seems to all agree with it.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#89072 Aug 5, 2013
Awesome. 72-year-old former boxer beats up burglar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11964...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#89073 Aug 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to metaphorically pinch her cheek
I didn't think I would see you be condescending and patronizing . Something new everyday, I guess.Pity.
First I'm called unsympathetic, then when I apologize I'm called condescending.

“reign in blood”

United States

#89074 Aug 5, 2013
I went to a casual, hunting-themed wedding and thought it was pretty cool. I prefer that to those fancy-shmancy weddings. Have an open mind and embrace new things, people. Sheesh. Good forbid anyone do anything out of the ordinary.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#89075 Aug 5, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh. Either way...yum.
I am totally with ya!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#89076 Aug 5, 2013
Yeah, like 2 guys swapping spit.
edogxxx wrote:
I went to a casual, hunting-themed wedding and thought it was pretty cool. I prefer that to those fancy-shmancy weddings. Have an open mind and embrace new things, people. Sheesh. Good forbid anyone do anything out of the ordinary.

Location hidden

#89077 Aug 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Red,
You should see the earlier articles with a picture of the kid! He's totally a schmoozer!

Location hidden

#89078 Aug 5, 2013
There are camouflage bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses.

If that's your thing, yay for you. SO not my thing. BUt I don't care how someone else does their wedding.

“reign in blood”

United States

#89079 Aug 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Edog is being a DICK ! I'm shocked! SHOCKED!
SEriously, get a vasectomy. You would be a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible parent.
Tonka said the same thing, why aren't you calling him vile names and telling him not to spread his seed?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#89080 Aug 5, 2013
We could use some more of this.

http://news.yahoo.com/sikh-temple-attack-unit...

Location hidden

#89081 Aug 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Tonka said the same thing, why aren't you calling him vile names and telling him not to spread his seed?
He wasn't such a dick in his delivery method compared to you.

Location hidden

#89082 Aug 5, 2013
Heh. From notalwaysright.com :

Raising A Voodoo Child
MUSIC SCHOOL | WINNIPEG, MB, CANADA | FAMILY & KIDS, MUSICAL MAYHEM
(I have been a music instructor for over three decades. An angry mom confronts me before her son’s drum lesson.)

Angry Mom:“Why are you showing my son all of these heavy metal and rock songs to play drums to?”

Me:“Because he asked me to. He seems to like that type of music.”

Angry Mom:“He most certainly DOES NOT like that music. It’s overtly sexual, violent and demonic. Why can’t you show him good music? Instead of this Metallica and ACDC garbage.”

Me:“Good music?”

Angry Mom:“YES! Good music. The 60s. Jimi Hendrix. The Beatles. The Rolling Stones?”

Me:“Maybe ‘Hey Joe,’ by Jimi Hendrix?”

Angry Mom:“Exactly!”

Me:“‘I’m just going down to shoot my old lady, I caught her messing around with another man….’ That ‘Hey Joe?’”

Angry Mom:“Yes! The classics!”

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#89083 Aug 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you really don't know, Tonka addressed the substance and argued that her position on what the shooting range owner did was not reasonable; he did not attack her for being afraid. You dissed Cheluzal for her reaction and then your apology contained words which sounded like baby talk which comes across as patronizing and insincere.

There are ways to apologize to her without changing your opinion concerning the dog. Do you really need a script?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#89084 Aug 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more lovable

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#89085 Aug 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Oh, I'm going to enjoy myself. It'll just be at other people's expense. Mostly my husband's. And I don't have to feel any pressure to get all gussied up. My full set of teeth is probably going to be seen as 'uppity'.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#89086 Aug 5, 2013
Does anyone have first hand acquaintance with people who had a themed wedding where the marriage has lasted to the 2, 5 or 10 year mark?

Anytime the party becomes more important than the reason for it, my skepticism level shoots way up. That holds true for white lace or camo themes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby 4-26 10 min mrs gladys kravitz 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min DBWriter 1,220,579
bf jealous of cats 16 min guest 1
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 27 min Freddy Krueger 89
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,714
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 8,017
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 187,370
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]