Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Flats have been back for a year or two now, but I don't like 'em so I don't wear 'em. But the cute trendy girls at work wear them all the time.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

I have a paper box full of shoes that I keep in file drawer at work. No way am I commuting in heels, unless they are the new pair of crocs sandals I just got. They're comfy and I could care less if they get nasty on the L.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

And luckily for me, my mental state is such that my current task is right up my alley.

I have to fold and stuff 1800+ letters. I have been woozy and light-headed all day, and this is just perfect...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't Europe, honey.
(and you're not the first person I've had to remind about that little factoid. What is it with you people?)
Actually, I've just been granted asylum in Russia, you bonehead.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
I like it better when you said "fats".
That, too. The food there is so damn good.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

I have a big, deep purple bruise on my upper arm. I hope someone asks about it tonight so I can say "Yeah, I didn't hear Nick the first time he told me to do something."

;)

COmpany picnic tonight, leaving in 7 minutes to help set up beer and pop!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

squishymama wrote:
And luckily for me, my mental state is such that my current task is right up my alley.
I have to fold and stuff 1800+ letters. I have been woozy and light-headed all day, and this is just perfect...
Remember George's fiancee, Susan... on Seinfeld?....DON'T Lick those envelopes....lol....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My coworker bought Jimmy Choos (they cost more than her wedding dress) for her wedding and she swears that they are comfortable and now she believes the actresses and models who say that the expensive ones are designed to support your feet properly and be far more comfortable than cheaper high heels.
It's true. I refuse to spend more than $30 for shoes.
I found some awesome snakeskin pink/black strappy stilettos at Aldo. They were $85 normally but the WEBSITE had them on sale for $15! If you buy them in the store they ship them to your home for free.
Those suckers are the highest shoes I have and never hurt!

But I still won't pay more than $30 for them, lol, so I troll Aldo online for sales...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Flats are very much in style in Chicago
last year hte girls in our summer intern program were wearing sky high heels, IIRC. this year, they seem to be in flats much more often, even when "dressed up". they also seem to be dressing more casually when not in suits than i remmeber from last year.

oh no.... did i get "old" all of a sudden? "these damn kids these days!" <shaking fist at nothing>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't Europe, honey.
(and you're not the first person I've had to remind about that little factoid. What is it with you people?)
Not to be pedantic, but "factoid" doesn't mean little/small fact. In FACT it doesn't mean "fact" at all.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fac...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be pedantic, but "factoid" doesn't mean little/small fact. In FACT it doesn't mean "fact" at all.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fac...
"a briefly stated and usually trivial fact"

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Went to gun range and the owners had some stupid pitbull dog running free! I have dog phobia and freaked out, having a mini panic attack as I'm blubbering about getting it away as it's running at me.
The owner replies with, "I heard you the first time."
What a doosh! Oh, I was so angry at his defensive ways to a new female customer obviously frozen in fear. Jerk.
Sorry---still hot over the issue. He was not apologetic at all.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
Went to gun range and the owners had some stupid pitbull dog running free! I have dog phobia and freaked out, having a mini panic attack as I'm blubbering about getting it away as it's running at me.
What a doosh! Oh, I was so angry at his defensive ways to a new female customer obviously frozen in fear. Jerk.
Ugh. I can understand the security reasons for having a pitbull around, but he makes his living by customers. I assume there are other places you can go?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
Go to a different place. Make sure anyone and everyone you know who would use that range knows about the dog AND the owner. Then make sure the owner knows why you and your 1000000 friends will NOT be patronizing his business. What a doosh.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh, please. "Dog phobia?" "Running" at you? Exaggerate much? He probably walked up expecting to be petted. The owner was likely unsympathetic because you're the ONLY person to ever complain. Look at it from HIS angle: some brand new female customer walks in and starts screaming about his totally harmless dog. YOU came off as the jerk customer, honey, and I say this with love. I'm with the owner on this.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

http://flikrfeed.appspot.com/#/interesting

Completely safe for work.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

http://www.quora.com/Breakfast/What-do-people...

Late night food p*orn.

Content is Quora answer What do people eat for breakfast outside the US.

Absolutely the wrong thing to look at in the middle of the night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,455
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 45,909
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 1 hr sheepleloveroyalty 5
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,075
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,084,463
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 175,239
Why We will Go to War with Russia 3 hr SnuffAGlobalist 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••