“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#88975 Aug 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
http://www.slate.com/articles/ news_and_politics/low_concept/ 2013/07/carlos_danger_name_gen erator_use_our_widget_to_get_a _name_like_anthony_weiner.html
Create your own Carlos Danger alias!
Weiner has a political ad saying that New Yorkers are tough and don't give up. On the Daily Show Oliver said...don't go 9/11ing your d!ck pics.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#88976 Aug 1, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Day Three of high heel training begins... I think it might be getting slightly easier. Actually, more accurate wording is that it might be getting slightly less horrible.
Hi, you!!
What's this? Why heels now?
I am an avid daily high heel wearer, so I support this.
Now I did go from 3 inches down to 2. I buy a size larger than I wear and use the inserts, long ones with the arch support.
I stand mostly and get flak at work (from the larger, Birkenstock crowd, gah) but I don't care. They are lovely. ;)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88977 Aug 2, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88978 Aug 2, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Weiner has a political ad saying that New Yorkers are tough and don't give up. On the Daily Show Oliver said...don't go 9/11ing your d!ck pics.
Did you see the EEeeww Meter on the creepy mayor of San Diego?.....That was just too funny....

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#88979 Aug 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the EEeeww Meter on the creepy mayor of San Diego?.....That was just too funny....
That guy is not only a sleeze but creepy too.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88980 Aug 2, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that! I love that a foreigner is outraged by that correlation!

Location hidden

#88981 Aug 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the EEeeww Meter on the creepy mayor of San Diego?.....That was just too funny....
Or how abou this "I'm going into treatment for two weeks"? COmpletely lawyer-driven.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88982 Aug 2, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, you!!
What's this? Why heels now?
I am an avid daily high heel wearer, so I support this.
Now I did go from 3 inches down to 2. I buy a size larger than I wear and use the inserts, long ones with the arch support.
I stand mostly and get flak at work (from the larger, Birkenstock crowd, gah) but I don't care. They are lovely. ;)
I'm training for a fancy party tomorrow night (my boyfriend's friend's birthday, at a nice restaurant, cocktail party style).
:)

Since it actually seems to be working, I'm now finding myself trolling the internet and "window shopping" cute heels. A whole new world has opened up to me. Good for the closet, bad for the bank account.

Location hidden

#88983 Aug 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how abou this "I'm going into treatment for two weeks"? COmpletely lawyer-driven.
It may say something about the voters of San Diego electing him...evidently he has been like this for years....

Location hidden

#88984 Aug 2, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm training for a fancy party tomorrow night (my boyfriend's friend's birthday, at a nice restaurant, cocktail party style).
:)
Since it actually seems to be working, I'm now finding myself trolling the internet and "window shopping" cute heels. A whole new world has opened up to me. Good for the closet, bad for the bank account.
My coworker bought Jimmy Choos (they cost more than her wedding dress) for her wedding and she swears that they are comfortable and now she believes the actresses and models who say that the expensive ones are designed to support your feet properly and be far more comfortable than cheaper high heels.

Location hidden

#88985 Aug 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>It may say something about the voters of San Diego electing him...evidently he has been like this for years....
I don't think I've paid attention to his party affiliation -- I assume he's a Democrat (I just googled -- he is) and now I read that his party is trying to get him to step down but he refuses.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88986 Aug 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My coworker bought Jimmy Choos (they cost more than her wedding dress) for her wedding and she swears that they are comfortable and now she believes the actresses and models who say that the expensive ones are designed to support your feet properly and be far more comfortable than cheaper high heels.
I gotta call bullsh!t on this. I've looked at the red carpet pics up close and those women's feet are stuffed into those expensive shoes just like mine are in the cheap ones.

No way are 3" stiletto heels comfortable, even if you only weigh 100 lbs.

Sarah Jessica Parker is reportedly not supposed to wear heels anymore because she has seriously effed up her feet from wearing those expensive shoes.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88987 Aug 2, 2013
My Nine Wests are the only comfortable pair of heels I've ever had. Not super expensive, but a reputable brand. Probably could run a mile in them if I had to. In case of zombies or something.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88988 Aug 2, 2013
If this had been a man who arranged sleepovers for his daughters lacross team, what do you think his sentence would have been?

When will this double standard end!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hock...

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88989 Aug 2, 2013
I won't spend $60 on a t-shirt or anything, but with shoes I do believe you get what you pay for, to a certain extent. I've tried cheap shoes in the past and they hurt, cause blisters, etc. in ways that middle of the road shoes don't. My heels are the first designer pair I've ever had, but I don't want to skimp on them since the whole concept of heels is new to my feet. And they were on mad sale, so I still feel like I got a good deal.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88990 Aug 2, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
My Nine Wests are the only comfortable pair of heels I've ever had. Not super expensive, but a reputable brand. Probably could run a mile in them if I had to. In case of zombies or something.
\
My orthaheels and my birkies are the best in terms of comfort. I have high arches and I do need arch support otherwise the middle of my foot always feels like it's up in the air.

Location hidden

#88991 Aug 2, 2013
RACE wrote:
If this had been a man who arranged sleepovers for his daughters lacross team, what do you think his sentence would have been?
When will this double standard end!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hock...
fourteen years old????

A man would have been put in prison for at least five years, if not 10 or more.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#88992 Aug 2, 2013
One of the best days in my life is when I left the corporate world and didn't feel like I had to wear heels anymore.

The Chicago ladies would appreciate this. Way,way back when I started to work downtown no one wore tennis shoes or boots to walk to work.( No one wore boots, we walked in a foot of snow around town in flats). We wore heels. Those heels would get stuck in the sidewalk grates and be shredded to bits.

I have long legs and heels would look great but the pain in my face would totally negate that.

Location hidden

#88993 Aug 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I've paid attention to his party affiliation -- I assume he's a Democrat (I just googled -- he is) and now I read that his party is trying to get him to step down but he refuses.
Seem's him and Weiner, might both be served better with career changes....

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88994 Aug 2, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I won't spend $60 on a t-shirt or anything, but with shoes I do believe you get what you pay for, to a certain extent. I've tried cheap shoes in the past and they hurt, cause blisters, etc. in ways that middle of the road shoes don't. My heels are the first designer pair I've ever had, but I don't want to skimp on them since the whole concept of heels is new to my feet. And they were on mad sale, so I still feel like I got a good deal.
I've always tried to get semi-quality shoes, but it took me years to realize the same concept with clothes. Three crappy Old Navy tops have the same lifespan and approximate cost as one Eddie Bauer/Polo/Ann Taylor top.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL 69,402
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min loose cannon 178,099
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Patriangelily 1,110,245
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr God Still Loves You 49,881
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr James 68,514
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Twisted Nixon 46,740
Amy 9-20 3 hr Kuuipo 6
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info