Comments
87,641 - 87,660 of 97,938 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88891 Jul 31, 2013
I cannot believe how polite the cops were. Down here that guy would have been jacked up for yelling in their face.
I cant understand why they did not disarm him sooner? I know in FL, a cop is allowed to temporarily take you weapon while they question you (give you a ticket, whatever) but have to return it when they are done.
Mister Tonka wrote:
Another one for race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =M5TzoDTH_zMXX
http://www.krdo.com/news/Man-sues-Colorado-Sp...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#88892 Jul 31, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88893 Jul 31, 2013
Happy Hump Day!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88894 Jul 31, 2013
RACE wrote:
I cannot believe how polite the cops were. Down here that guy would have been jacked up for yelling in their face.
I cant understand why they did not disarm him sooner? I know in FL, a cop is allowed to temporarily take you weapon while they question you (give you a ticket, whatever) but have to return it when they are done.
<quoted text>
Cop's sure put up with alot from some people....all the Jr. lawyers and amatuer constitutional experts....lol....

Location hidden

#88895 Jul 31, 2013
Any craft beer lovers here? This list ignorantly excludes the Surly brewery here in Mpls, but I think beer lovers will enjoy the slide show.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/25-best-craft-bre...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88896 Jul 31, 2013
Yeah, that whole freedom of speech and unlawful search really makes a cops job tough. Hey! Maybe if they dont like people expressing their opinions, they should get another job?

I aint saying a cop should put up with being spit on, but I see too many times where a person gets pummeled by the cops because he wont shut up, and that is wrong. Sticks and stones man.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Cop's sure put up with alot from some people....all the Jr. lawyers and amatuer constitutional experts....lol....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88897 Jul 31, 2013
Heh: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/...

Target knows teen girl is pregnant before her parents do.

Location hidden

#88898 Jul 31, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Heh: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/...
Target knows teen girl is pregnant before her parents do.
This was big news back when it first broke -- Feb. 2012 -- but I think that's because Target's HQ is here, so Target is in our news quite a lot, especially the business management angle.

"What Target discovered fairly quickly is that it creeped people out that the company knew about their pregnancies in advance."

When you call various businesses/utilities, you may be asked for your name, home phone, and other info, but invariably, they already have all that info right in front of them, and they are asking for it from you for two reasons:(1) they want to verify that it's YOU, and (2) customers had been freaking out when they didn't have to provide any of it, that they were told "Oh, I have that info already right here on my screen."

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88899 Jul 31, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Walgreens or CVS or DSW has gel foam pads to put under the ball of the foot which will cushion things.
Is this a cocktail party format or a sit down dinner at the restaurant?
Yeah, I'm going to get the gel pads tonight. It's cocktail party format; passed hors d'oeuvres and open bar.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88900 Jul 31, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a given. Dudes don't care about shoes.
Let's be real. Women dress up more for other women to one-up them.

Shoes are for the other women to fawn over, push up bras are for the boys even if they are initially made to push up the girls.

:)

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#88901 Jul 31, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm going to get the gel pads tonight. It's cocktail party format; passed hors d'oeuvres and open bar.
I have no doubt you will look stunning. Just remember to walk slow. Swing those hips!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#88902 Jul 31, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That actually looks pretty interesting. Might check it out.
Shh...don't tell anyone, but book clubs are created for the same reason bunco groups are...to get 30+ year old women, usually young moms, out of the house regularly. The actual book doesn't matter. Bunco doesn't matter. It's an excuse, if you will, for women who either won't give themselves a break OR, in a couple cases, unfortunately, their husbands won't.
And here I thought it was a way to drink a lot of wine and gossip.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#88903 Jul 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
This was big news back when it first broke -- Feb. 2012 -- but I think that's because Target's HQ is here, so Target is in our news quite a lot, especially the business management angle.
"What Target discovered fairly quickly is that it creeped people out that the company knew about their pregnancies in advance."
When you call various businesses/utilities, you may be asked for your name, home phone, and other info, but invariably, they already have all that info right in front of them, and they are asking for it from you for two reasons:(1) they want to verify that it's YOU, and (2) customers had been freaking out when they didn't have to provide any of it, that they were told "Oh, I have that info already right here on my screen."
I could see that. I called a place one time and asked for my phone number -- I asked "Don't you have it on your screen?" She said no. Maybe she did and she had to play along.

Location hidden

#88904 Jul 31, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I could see that. I called a place one time and asked for my phone number -- I asked "Don't you have it on your screen?" She said no. Maybe she did and she had to play along.
That's right -- I even had a customer service person tell me that's what they were doing (I'd heard about this and asked).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88905 Jul 31, 2013
Thanks everyone for the kind words about the guinea pig. We're doing better day by day; it helps that the kids have camp all day - very distracting.

I spent yesterday at my mom's, trying to get all her stuff in boxes so they can be safely packed in PODS for a month. Only came home with half a trunk-load full of stuff. I have to go back on Sunday to pick up the dresser, which will take up the whole back of our Traverse. Luckily, that is the only piece of furniture that is being foisted on me. Actually, it's really pretty and it's been in the family quite a while, and I think Lulu is going to use and take good care of it, so I don't *really* mind. It's more the hassle of getting to my abode that's irritating me.

Just glad she found a townhouse that has ceilings high enough to accomodate the 10' grandfather clock. Our apartment could take it, but I REALLY didn't want to have to deal with that just yet.

Location hidden

#88906 Jul 31, 2013
Matilda: A site for those raised Seventh-Day Adventist. I thought with your fundie background, you might "get" some of this more than I did.

http://stfu-sda-fundies.tumblr.com/page/2

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88907 Jul 31, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Happy Hump Day!
Hehe you said "hump."

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88908 Jul 31, 2013
RACE wrote:
Yeah, that whole freedom of speech and unlawful search really makes a cops job tough. Hey! Maybe if they dont like people expressing their opinions, they should get another job?
I aint saying a cop should put up with being spit on, but I see too many times where a person gets pummeled by the cops because he wont shut up, and that is wrong. Sticks and stones man.
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure I read about a SCOTUS case a few years back where they ruled that cops can't harass/arrest someone for saying whatever they want to say...because...free speech and stuff. Spitting however, is assault, so yeah.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#88909 Jul 31, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure I read about a SCOTUS case a few years back where they ruled that cops can't harass/arrest someone for saying whatever they want to say...because...free speech and stuff. Spitting however, is assault, so yeah.
There's a lot of good cops out there. However, there are tons of bad cops out there. There really are. This is a long article, but an interesting one about police abuse of power. http://www.alternet.org/story/151806/15_years...

When we lived in a different area, my son used to complain to me that he would be walking downthe street and police would stop him and search him. He did have anything, but it was annoying and made you feel you were being watched all the time. I thought he was exaggerating. Then one day I got off the bus after work. It was dark (late fall) and I had a jacket on, pair of dark pants nad a hood -- I had forgotten my umbrella and there was a light rain.

A cop stopped me but was stunned when I turned. It was obvious he had thought I was a teen (I'm short). He made a stupid excuse saying someone called about someone suspicious -- and he wasn't making sense. I then realized my son was right -- they were harrassing all the young kids.

I don't think it's too much to ask for to play by the rules. Sure it might be easier for the cops just to take away people's rights and let them go after the bad guys.

Sometimes, though, it's the cops wants to get their quota, numbers or a promotion and has nothing to do with the cops getting the bad guys but are stepping all over people's rights.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#88910 Jul 31, 2013
That should be "He DIDN'T have anything on him, but it was annoying..."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 5 min ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min 40ish 4,673
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min Frijoles 68,998
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min danetoo 68,381
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,413
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,539
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,100,625
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000