Comments
87,621 - 87,640 of 97,916 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88870 Jul 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Heh heels. Here are the heels I wear:
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/franco-sar...
Ha, my friend/co-worker E wore those all the time when we were still business casual. They looked nice and comfy.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88871 Jul 30, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>das what i'm saying. She could have a docmarten on one foot and an ugg on the other. As long as the girls are on display, we won't even notice
Love my Docs and my Uggs. Don't get to wear either of them as frequently as I'd like,*some* people attribute this to me having too many shoes, as if that was possible, but they are both way way way better than heels.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88872 Jul 30, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, my friend/co-worker E wore those all the time when we were still business casual. They looked nice and comfy.
What is your dress code now?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88873 Jul 30, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>What is your dress code now?
Casual. No shorts, tank tops, or dimestore flip flops.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88874 Jul 30, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can wear them to work all day, fresh out of the box when they are brand new. I buy two pair every two years -- black and brown. Great shoes.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88875 Jul 30, 2013
My book club is making another feeble attempt at restarting. First book is called "So B. It" by Sarah Weeks. Anybody read it? So far, it's about a girl with a retarded mom and their neighbor who takes care of them.

So far, most of these books just make me feel much better about my own life. I guess that's the point, eh?

Miami, FL

#88876 Jul 30, 2013
Holy cow. My feet are KILLING me. I don't know if I can get used to this by Saturday.

Location hidden

#88877 Jul 30, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
My book club is making another feeble attempt at restarting. First book is called "So B. It" by Sarah Weeks. Anybody read it? So far, it's about a girl with a retarded mom and their neighbor who takes care of them.
So far, most of these books just make me feel much better about my own life. I guess that's the point, eh?
THere's a new book out written by the daughter of hoarders and I wish I could remember its title, it looked good. Read about it in Parade magazine yesterday. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#88878 Jul 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Holy cow. My feet are KILLING me. I don't know if I can get used to this by Saturday.
Are these shoes or strappy sandals? i forget which way the vote went... ;-)

if they're shoes, try smushing the top of the toes back to the top of the heel (put a shoe on your hand, toe by your finger tips, and "close" your fingers towards your wrist) and then also try smushing the back of the heel (where your achilles comes out) to the bottom of the shoe (where your heel sits). these moves should loosen the leather (or leather like material); do it a couple times a day until then, and they should loosen just a bit...

but then, if it's the ball of your foot or the balance of the heel that you're working on, time and practice! ;-)

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88879 Jul 30, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
My book club is making another feeble attempt at restarting. First book is called "So B. It" by Sarah Weeks. Anybody read it?
Yep! Couldn't put it down!

Seriously, what's with these gayass books your friends read? I just read Dan Brown's latest "Inferno." I recommend that, instead.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88880 Jul 30, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh.
When the Regs met IRL for dinner, AS and I were wearing the same shoes, different colors
And Mattie and I wore the same blouse! How embarrassing!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88881 Jul 30, 2013
Alway's wondered if they would ever make a movie outta Tom Clancy's, Red Storm Rising? Guess they've stopped doing Clancy movies.....

West Palm Beach, FL

#88882 Jul 30, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>Are these shoes or strappy sandals? i forget which way the vote went... ;-)

if they're shoes, try smushing the top of the toes back to the top of the heel (put a shoe on your hand, toe by your finger tips, and "close" your fingers towards your wrist) and then also try smushing the back of the heel (where your achilles comes out) to the bottom of the shoe (where your heel sits). these moves should loosen the leather (or leather like material); do it a couple times a day until then, and they should loosen just a bit...

but then, if it's the ball of your foot or the balance of the heel that you're working on, time and practice! ;-)
Yeah, it's the whole all-my-weight-on-the-balls-of- my-feet thing. The shoes themselves are fine, no pinching or blisters.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88883 Jul 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's the whole all-my-weight-on-the-balls-of- my-feet thing. The shoes themselves are fine, no pinching or blisters.
Walgreens or CVS or DSW has gel foam pads to put under the ball of the foot which will cushion things.

Is this a cocktail party format or a sit down dinner at the restaurant?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88884 Jul 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Yep! Couldn't put it down!

Seriously, what's with these gayass books your friends read? I just read Dan Brown's latest "Inferno." I recommend that, instead.
That actually looks pretty interesting. Might check it out.

Shh...don't tell anyone, but book clubs are created for the same reason bunco groups are...to get 30+ year old women, usually young moms, out of the house regularly. The actual book doesn't matter. Bunco doesn't matter. It's an excuse, if you will, for women who either won't give themselves a break OR, in a couple cases, unfortunately, their husbands won't.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88885 Jul 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-238...

All you have to do is make it through Saturday evening with grace, aplomb and intact ankle joints.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88886 Jul 30, 2013
just got this from my mom.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/V_gOZDWQj3Q...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88887 Jul 30, 2013

Location hidden

#88888 Jul 30, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
just got this from my mom.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/V_gOZDWQj3Q...
Heh. I've seen that on TV!

Location hidden

#88889 Jul 30, 2013
Guy on Criminal Minds tonight was rockin' out to a Rush bootleg album/CD from a concert. Then he died. Big stick through the neck. But hey, he heard a kickass live version of 2112, so it's all good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min LRS 177,336
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min THE DEVIL 1,099,777
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 48 min Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,935
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 2 hr rodeo3queen 4
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search