87,601 - 87,620 of 97,933 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88850 Jul 30, 2013
She does this often?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart move. You could be her next victim!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88851 Jul 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I'd better be the hottest girl at this effing party....
And if you're not? What're you gonna do to up your game?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88852 Jul 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Those of you with daughters: do them a favor and teach them how to walk in heels when they're teenagers. It's not easy learning at age 36... old dogs and new tricks and all that.
I've never been able to walk in heels. I can fake it if the slope isn't too severe, but seriously, like 2 inches is the most I can do. Sad really because there are SO MANY adorable heels available all the time, and I'm not tall enough to feel weird wearing them (normally) but since I would feel bad falling the hell down and injuring myself...

On the plus side, since I have to be pretty particular about shoes, I get to spend a lot of time shoe shopping so I can find shoes that I like and can wear so lots of time in the shoe store.:D

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#88853 Jul 30, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>I never thought about the prey-animal aspect of it; that makes total sense.

I'll inquire about the cremation at the vet (I can swing $20 but not much more), but Lulu got really freaked out when I explained what that was so it may be moot anyway.

I kinda like the idea of putting him in the garden near the lilac bush.

And thank you for the sympathy; I knew if anyone would understand, it would be you. I'm just really surprised at myself; there's still the snake-owning part of me that's whispering "it was just a really expensive lunch, you softie!"

I mean, of course I'm going to feel bad for my children, I just didn't think I'd feel bad for me!
I'm so sorry to hear about your guinea pig :((((hugs to you all)))

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88854 Jul 30, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>And if you're not? What're you gonna do to up your game?
Push-up demi cup bra.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88855 Jul 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Push-up demi cup bra.
That's a given. Dudes don't care about shoes.

Neda, stay with me!

#88856 Jul 30, 2013
Ok Squishy, just found your post about your guinea pig. Was buried in a post that I had skipped, cause it started out as girl stuff.
Anyway, very sorry to hear about him(her?). My cat keeps hanging on, but I dont know for how long. Every morning she is raring to go and every night, she looks like she's ready to give it up.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88857 Jul 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
Ok Squishy, just found your post about your guinea pig. Was buried in a post that I had skipped, cause it started out as girl stuff.
Anyway, very sorry to hear about him(her?). My cat keeps hanging on, but I dont know for how long. Every morning she is raring to go and every night, she looks like she's ready to give it up.
Ah, she has reached 60 in cat years.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88858 Jul 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
No, race. She clearly wrote "the young man." She lured a young neighborhood man into her home ("Can you help me reach something that's way up high?"), then trapped him, drugged him, gutted him, and then they buried him.
Sound's like the trial in, To Kill A Mockingbird.....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88859 Jul 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Those of you with daughters: do them a favor and teach them how to walk in heels when they're teenagers. It's not easy learning at age 36... old dogs and new tricks and all that.
Do NOT mix heels and alcohol. You will wobble and even if you are not drunk you will look like you have had too much. Also a twisted ankle really detracts from hotness. Skinned knees are even worse.
I speak from first hand, ankle and knee experience.

FWIW, for me, the kitten heels which are set forward under the center of the heel are as bad because I put my weight on what would be the outside edge of a heel surface and because it is a narrow heel, I roll my foot. I have given up some very comfortable low heels for this reason.

Break a leg- not.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88860 Jul 30, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but:

A) Dudes don't necessarily realize it, but heels make our legs and a$$es look better, and they do care about that.

B) It's not just the dudes I'm concerned about....

Location hidden

#88861 Jul 30, 2013
Heh heels. Here are the heels I wear:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/franco-sar...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88862 Jul 30, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I once read a theory that high heel shoes change a woman's posture so that she has to stick out her butt and boobs which allegedly increases signs of sexual attractiveness and availability.

High platform shoes were popular when I was dating in the late 70's /early 80's.My friends and I referred to them as rape victim shoes because you couldn't run away.

Neda, stay with me!

#88863 Jul 30, 2013
no, 97
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, she has reached 60 in cat years.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#88864 Jul 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
i wear ones like this wehn i do:
http://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product/sushi_ro...

the heels are broader so that i don't roll my ankles, and they roll inwards as it is...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88865 Jul 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
no, 97
<quoted text>
Uh.
Actually I was responding to waking up with lots of energy and completely pooping out by the end of the day.

I am glad you called of the vet last week.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88866 Jul 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Heh.

When the Regs met IRL for dinner, AS and I were wearing the same shoes, different colors

Location hidden

#88867 Jul 30, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i wear ones like this wehn i do:
http://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product/sushi_ro...
the heels are broader so that i don't roll my ankles, and they roll inwards as it is...
I can't wear those, but at least they are sturdier than those tiny pencil-thin heels!(i have bad feet, have had surgery on both, so no heels for me.)

Those shoes are super cute.

Neda, stay with me!

#88868 Jul 30, 2013
Oh, sorry, went right over my head!
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh.
Actually I was responding to waking up with lots of energy and completely pooping out by the end of the day.
I am glad you called of the vet last week.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88869 Jul 30, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
das what i'm saying. She could have a docmarten on one foot and an ugg on the other. As long as the girls are on display, we won't even notice

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 8-29 19 min pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 23 min andet1987 1,452
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 26 min andet1987 569
Word (Dec '08) 32 min andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 59 min J RULES 68,989
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr woodtick57 1,100,219
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 40ish 4,670
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,384
Amy 8-29 10 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••