|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

HONEY, I promise you....
The dog, boat, and grill are all very real. How could I ever keep us such a charade? The mango's are their own thing, I dont control them, they just are.

Yeah, I have central ac. I also have a wall ac unit in the bedroom, cause yanno, it can get kinda hot in there....

You want to visit? Just let me know...There are others here who will vouch for my honor. I have better things to do than being a crazy chainsaw murder.(but it is a hobby)

Kidding, I kid
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. Now was that so hard? You keep talking about this boat, and the grill, and the dog, and mangos...I might have to move to FL. Except for the heat/humidity. You DO have central AC right?:D

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We've had outrageous rain, here in S.Fl...weeds are wild, i have a peice of carpet and just scoot around with a plastic grocery bag, till i can't stand the heat....about 12-15 pounds of weeds...lol....Too hot still, to use weed and feed.....We all have Central AC, but i lived in Miami till 8, without any AC...lol....
i tried that one year... didn't do crap for keeping the weeds away. i need to get rid of the violets in the front lawn, get it power raked and over seed it really well this fall. that's about the only chance i think i'll have at redeeming the front lawn. the back lawn is ok, aside from some highly invasive plants, but the grass is thicker and better in general. i don't really like using chemicals, but i'd like a decent lawn. hoepfully if i get the grass thicker, i won't need the chemicals to block the weeds.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the back of Dyanetics (or whatever it's called) and they called him a prophet on the issue I read. I didn't read the book, just the back cover fluff.
There's a person who rides my train who seems to be really into Scientology. She has a lot of negative stuff to say on psychiatrists and it amazes me how many times she can bring up that subject.
The stuff I've been reading makes me more...cautious...yeah ok, cautious, of them then I already was. Scary stuff. No wonder Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes got the hell out. Even Lisa Marie Presley and that other girl...what's her name...hang on...Leah Rimini (sp?) have recently left and they don't have much good to say about it.

This was started by a couple of them including the nice of the guy who runs it now.

http://exscientologykids.com

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
HONEY, I promise you....
The dog, boat, and grill are all very real. How could I ever keep us such a charade? The mango's are their own thing, I dont control them, they just are.
Yeah, I have central ac. I also have a wall ac unit in the bedroom, cause yanno, it can get kinda hot in there....
You want to visit? Just let me know...There are others here who will vouch for my honor. I have better things to do than being a crazy chainsaw murder.(but it is a hobby)
Kidding, I kid
<quoted text>
Honestly I'd love that. I so need a vacation. I can't seem to even get enough time/money to go to the beach HERE (the real beach NOT Lake Washington...Pacific Ocean).

It's like a couple hour drive each way and I'm not making the drive to just spend a couple hours and turn around and come back, so that means staying somewhere. I don't need a 5-star hotel, but I'm not about to stay where (in the immortal words of my son) "crack whores go to die" either, so there's some cash for that, plus food, and gas at $4+ a gallon in my Jag, each freaking way...it's basically a tourist town over there so nothing's "cheap" and it's too cold to pitch a tent on the beach...

Maybe a plane ticket WOULD be cheaper...

Oh yeah then there's the "I don't have time to think much less travel" thing too. Maybe in a couple more years I can go somewhere again. I miss traveling.:(

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I suspect Squishy might be home sick today!
Aw, thanks for missing me.

We are in WI with the good sister and I spent Friday morning last-minute packing and then a 3+ hour drive. It's lovely up here.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, thanks for missing me.
We are in WI with the good sister and I spent Friday morning last-minute packing and then a 3+ hour drive. It's lovely up here.
What part of WI?

Check your old emails. I sent you a message last week.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's rooting for awkward.
Teehee, he was awkward. Very socially awkward, like almost Sheldon Cooper awkward. Not that bad or smart. He seemed sooo nervous and insecure, which is not very attractive in a 38 y/o man.
Will give him another shot--unless something is glaring, a 2nd date helps figure stuff out...

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Teehee, he was awkward. Very socially awkward, like almost Sheldon Cooper awkward. Not that bad or smart. He seemed sooo nervous and insecure, which is not very attractive in a 38 y/o man.
Will give him another shot--unless something is glaring, a 2nd date helps figure stuff out...
Definitely if you liked him well enough go for the second date.

Lots of people are really nervous on a first date.*I* am, I'm just good at hiding it. All those years working in the salon made me need to be "social" even though it was all an act. I just liked making money, so I learned how to pretend. Not everyone can really do that, so they act how they're feeling.

Of course if he isn't at least a *little* more relaxed after the second date, you might want to think about whether you want to spend time on a third... Not really my business or anything, just being nosey and bossy.:D

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of WI?
Check your old emails. I sent you a message last week.
We took a left at Fond du Lac and drove for about an hour. The weather sucks.

I saw, just never had a chance to look up the available options and feeling very poor.
dahgts

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T39MQ5NV2I...

Amy with the date typo corrected.(I really should check here first- would have seen Dahgts already flagged it.)

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/T39MQ5NV2ICBJAAAU#lastPos t
Amy with the date typo corrected.(I really should check here first- would have seen Dahgts already flagged it.)
Thanks...maybe one more coffee would have helped my typing.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely if you liked him well enough go for the second date.
Lots of people are really nervous on a first date.*I* am, I'm just good at hiding it. All those years working in the salon made me need to be "social" even though it was all an act. I just liked making money, so I learned how to pretend. Not everyone can really do that, so they act how they're feeling.
Of course if he isn't at least a *little* more relaxed after the second date, you might want to think about whether you want to spend time on a third... Not really my business or anything, just being nosey and bossy.:D
Nose and boss away-I offered my life. ;p
He called the next day (!) wanting to set up a date for this coming weekend. I haven't called back yet. I hate the phone and I was busy...probably later this afternoon.
The other guy that I like a bit more hasn't called since our Thursday date. I was meh on him but date 2 was really nice. We shall see...he seemed interested for more, but I always think that and never hear from them again, lol.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Well, that last batch of rain seems to have been the trigger for the mango's, they are starting to fall ripe. Have grilled a couple, delicious!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

RACE wrote:
Well, that last batch of rain seems to have been the trigger for the mango's, they are starting to fall ripe. Have grilled a couple, delicious!
How do you slice them so you get anything other than the long sides?Do you peel them first?

I have seen the video of doing th criss cross cuts and turning the skin inside out but that only works on the outer slice, 2 per fruit. What about the rest?
How do you grill them? Do you use a soft ripe one on the grill or a firm one?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Hi all! I can't believe no one posted this yet...

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/29/pope...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,581 - 87,600 of96,137
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 4-19 4 min PEllen 10
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min Frijoles 65,119
Abby 4-19 5 min PEllen 15
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Tinka 1,034,179
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min Frick-N-Frack 47,064
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 16 min Evilgelicalling 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 50 min Whiny1 4,030
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••