|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad someone liked this. I thought it was respectful of Jesus but also still cute/funny with the pasta comment.
It was me.:D

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

I got it from stfu believers, and someone had submitted it as a BAD FB post using religion, but I disagreed with that sentiment. I think it's sweet.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I have another date tonight with a guy who is either really awkward or a plain creepo. We shall see.
Here's rooting for awkward.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Cute FB post for you Jesus lovers:
Sometimes life leaves me feeling empty and alone. But I always look to Jesus for my strength and healing. Maybe some pasta for the empty feeling.
I think it's cute.

On another note, I find myself wishing I would live long enough to see the FSM become an actual deity. People are so gullible, I can see it happening.

I read a book recently by the niece of the guy who is in charge of Scientology...it was really interesting so I delved a little deeper and started reading other stuff, those people actually revere LRH as like a prophet...only 50 years to get thousands of gullible people on board. Wow. Of course Christianity, Islam, Judiasm, et. al. did likewise, so I shouldn't be surprised.

So...wondering how long until Pastafarianism becomes an actual religion. I can really see it happening.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yes, gets the hull out of the water, so barnacles dont grow on your boat
<quoted text>
Ah. Now was that so hard? You keep talking about this boat, and the grill, and the dog, and mangos...I might have to move to FL. Except for the heat/humidity. You DO have central AC right?:D

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's cute.
On another note, I find myself wishing I would live long enough to see the FSM become an actual deity. People are so gullible, I can see it happening.
I read a book recently by the niece of the guy who is in charge of Scientology...it was really interesting so I delved a little deeper and started reading other stuff, those people actually revere LRH as like a prophet...only 50 years to get thousands of gullible people on board. Wow. Of course Christianity, Islam, Judiasm, et. al. did likewise, so I shouldn't be surprised.
So...wondering how long until Pastafarianism becomes an actual religion. I can really see it happening.
I read the back of Dyanetics (or whatever it's called) and they called him a prophet on the issue I read. I didn't read the book, just the back cover fluff.

There's a person who rides my train who seems to be really into Scientology. She has a lot of negative stuff to say on psychiatrists and it amazes me how many times she can bring up that subject.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Legendary guitarist/musician Nils Lofgren is a HUGE sports fan. Of course, lots of pro athletes are big music fans, so it's kind of fun when two guys who are mutual fans of each other meet up!
Sundance channel has(had?) a show called Iconoclasts. They take 2 people from different walks of life and toss them together to hang out and film it. They had Eddie Vedder hanging out on Laird Hamilton's compound and going around Hawaii and surfing. Then he was side stage for a PJ show when Eddie dedicated Big Wave to him. Said he doesn't just ride big waves, he is a big wave.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Aw, married 75 years and died one day apart from one another.

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_23733256...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

I suspect Squishy might be home sick today!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
well, since it's been raining all morning, i won't be able to do the yard work that needs doing. part of that is the weed warfare. i planned to be at it like flies on $h!t this year, but it's either been too wet or too hot to spray like i need to... <sigh>
so, i think i'll be sewing tonight and some of tomorrow, and sunday i have the 3 of baby showers this year (next weekend is hte 4th one). no offense to my south-suburban living cousins, but i'm tired of driving!(shouldnt complain too much - there are 3 otehrs from an hour+ north of me who show up!)
We've had outrageous rain, here in S.Fl...weeds are wild, i have a peice of carpet and just scoot around with a plastic grocery bag, till i can't stand the heat....about 12-15 pounds of weeds...lol....Too hot still, to use weed and feed.....We all have Central AC, but i lived in Miami till 8, without any AC...lol....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Aw, married 75 years and died one day apart from one another.
http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_23733256...
Incredible...did you see, born the same day too? A couple to envy....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

HONEY, I promise you....
The dog, boat, and grill are all very real. How could I ever keep us such a charade? The mango's are their own thing, I dont control them, they just are.

Yeah, I have central ac. I also have a wall ac unit in the bedroom, cause yanno, it can get kinda hot in there....

You want to visit? Just let me know...There are others here who will vouch for my honor. I have better things to do than being a crazy chainsaw murder.(but it is a hobby)

Kidding, I kid
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. Now was that so hard? You keep talking about this boat, and the grill, and the dog, and mangos...I might have to move to FL. Except for the heat/humidity. You DO have central AC right?:D

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We've had outrageous rain, here in S.Fl...weeds are wild, i have a peice of carpet and just scoot around with a plastic grocery bag, till i can't stand the heat....about 12-15 pounds of weeds...lol....Too hot still, to use weed and feed.....We all have Central AC, but i lived in Miami till 8, without any AC...lol....
i tried that one year... didn't do crap for keeping the weeds away. i need to get rid of the violets in the front lawn, get it power raked and over seed it really well this fall. that's about the only chance i think i'll have at redeeming the front lawn. the back lawn is ok, aside from some highly invasive plants, but the grass is thicker and better in general. i don't really like using chemicals, but i'd like a decent lawn. hoepfully if i get the grass thicker, i won't need the chemicals to block the weeds.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the back of Dyanetics (or whatever it's called) and they called him a prophet on the issue I read. I didn't read the book, just the back cover fluff.
There's a person who rides my train who seems to be really into Scientology. She has a lot of negative stuff to say on psychiatrists and it amazes me how many times she can bring up that subject.
The stuff I've been reading makes me more...cautious...yeah ok, cautious, of them then I already was. Scary stuff. No wonder Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes got the hell out. Even Lisa Marie Presley and that other girl...what's her name...hang on...Leah Rimini (sp?) have recently left and they don't have much good to say about it.

This was started by a couple of them including the nice of the guy who runs it now.

http://exscientologykids.com

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
HONEY, I promise you....
The dog, boat, and grill are all very real. How could I ever keep us such a charade? The mango's are their own thing, I dont control them, they just are.
Yeah, I have central ac. I also have a wall ac unit in the bedroom, cause yanno, it can get kinda hot in there....
You want to visit? Just let me know...There are others here who will vouch for my honor. I have better things to do than being a crazy chainsaw murder.(but it is a hobby)
Kidding, I kid
<quoted text>
Honestly I'd love that. I so need a vacation. I can't seem to even get enough time/money to go to the beach HERE (the real beach NOT Lake Washington...Pacific Ocean).

It's like a couple hour drive each way and I'm not making the drive to just spend a couple hours and turn around and come back, so that means staying somewhere. I don't need a 5-star hotel, but I'm not about to stay where (in the immortal words of my son) "crack whores go to die" either, so there's some cash for that, plus food, and gas at $4+ a gallon in my Jag, each freaking way...it's basically a tourist town over there so nothing's "cheap" and it's too cold to pitch a tent on the beach...

Maybe a plane ticket WOULD be cheaper...

Oh yeah then there's the "I don't have time to think much less travel" thing too. Maybe in a couple more years I can go somewhere again. I miss traveling.:(

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I suspect Squishy might be home sick today!
Aw, thanks for missing me.

We are in WI with the good sister and I spent Friday morning last-minute packing and then a 3+ hour drive. It's lovely up here.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, thanks for missing me.
We are in WI with the good sister and I spent Friday morning last-minute packing and then a 3+ hour drive. It's lovely up here.
What part of WI?

Check your old emails. I sent you a message last week.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's rooting for awkward.
Teehee, he was awkward. Very socially awkward, like almost Sheldon Cooper awkward. Not that bad or smart. He seemed sooo nervous and insecure, which is not very attractive in a 38 y/o man.
Will give him another shot--unless something is glaring, a 2nd date helps figure stuff out...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Aphelion 1,095,227
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Jacques from Ottawa 176,672
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Ace 49,240
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Cold hard facts 3,898
Animal Rescue Group: Man Charged with Arizona M... (Oct '12) 1 hr Punish him good 3
Amy 8-19 1 hr Pippa 12
Amy 8-20 2 hr RACE 11
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE