“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88831 Jul 29, 2013
I just slice off a chunk, then cut the fruit from the skin, then cut into chunks or whatever.

I never bother with a mango till it is slightly soft and I can smell the fruit. If I cant smell the fruit, it aint ready, and if it is firm and I can smell it, it still aint ready (for me).

Grilling: Just put it on the grill for an hour, turn it occasionally if you like, or just let is sit. Then split it open with a knife, cut it so you have the skin like a pair of doors, peel them back and eat the inside with a spoon. Nom-nom!
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you slice them so you get anything other than the long sides?Do you peel them first?
I have seen the video of doing th criss cross cuts and turning the skin inside out but that only works on the outer slice, 2 per fruit. What about the rest?
How do you grill them? Do you use a soft ripe one on the grill or a firm one?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88832 Jul 29, 2013
We're renovating our office here at work. Two areas are done, now they're starting to work on my area. I had all my stuff except computer/phone moved a month ago and then my boss changed her mind and doesn't want us to move yet. So for a month I went back and forth from my computer at my old desk, to my new temporary desk where ALL my stuff was. The plan was to move temporarily to another department and then move back to my newly remodeled workspace.

Then today one of the workers tells her we can't be in our area from 5:30 a.m. to at least 11 tomorrow morning, as he will be working overhead.

So she tells me to go ahead and have X move my computer stuff to the temporary spot.(No, thanks, no need to bother the IT guy, I can do this myself, despite her protests to the contrary.)

So as I'm packing up my computer and phone onto a cart, she says "WHen he's done tomorrow, you can move back here." Um, no. I told her I'm not doing that and I walked to my new cube. "Alrighty then" i heard her say. Geez, the control issues are strong in that one.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88833 Jul 29, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you slice them so you get anything other than the long sides?
?? You don't. The long sides is all you get. The rest of it that's wrapped around the seed? That for you to gnaw off and suck dry till nothing's left but the seed and the juice that ran down your arm. Here's a tutorial, rookie.

http://youtu.be/u9kmqVIiZy4...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88834 Jul 29, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>?? You don't. The long sides is all you get. The rest of it that's wrapped around the seed? That for you to gnaw off and suck dry till nothing's left but the seed and the juice that ran down your arm. Here's a tutorial, rookie.
http://youtu.be/u9kmqVIiZy4...
They charge $1.00 a mango on sale up here. I want to get all the meat off to use it.

Okay- I'm on a mission. I will let you know what the foodies say.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88835 Jul 29, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>They charge $1.00 a mango on sale up here. I want to get all the meat off to use it.
Okay- I'm on a mission. I will let you know what the foodies say.
That's a good price. Regular price just yesterday was $1.69 each. Gonna hit the produce market this week to see if its cheaper.

Neda, stay with me!

#88836 Jul 29, 2013
Last year I got a dollar a piece or six for five bucks.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good price. Regular price just yesterday was $1.69 each. Gonna hit the produce market this week to see if its cheaper.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88837 Jul 29, 2013
We have successfully buried the young man. The hole was not too hard to dig really deep; we hit mostly-sand about six inches down and it was easy from there. Every kid over the age of six took a turn laying on their bellies to scoop some out and we had a small crowd for the actual internment so we weren't able to say any prayers or anything; there was some pushing and shoving to get a better view. Lulu made a little bouquet of some purple flowers she found in the garden and some parsley (Streak's favorite) tied together with a long stem of grass and we put that right on top of him and let the kids fill in the hole. We used a garden ornament that was in a different part of the garden as a temporary marker until we find something more suitable; perhaps one of those stepping stone kits with glass beads and mosaic tiles...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88838 Jul 29, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88839 Jul 29, 2013
squishymama wrote:
We have successfully buried the young man. The hole was not too hard to dig really deep; we hit mostly-sand about six inches down and it was easy from there. Every kid over the age of six took a turn laying on their bellies to scoop some out and we had a small crowd for the actual internment so we weren't able to say any prayers or anything; there was some pushing and shoving to get a better view. Lulu made a little bouquet of some purple flowers she found in the garden and some parsley (Streak's favorite) tied together with a long stem of grass and we put that right on top of him and let the kids fill in the hole. We used a garden ornament that was in a different part of the garden as a temporary marker until we find something more suitable; perhaps one of those stepping stone kits with glass beads and mosaic tiles...
Amen

Location hidden

#88840 Jul 29, 2013
squishymama wrote:
You're a good mom. Your people are good people. Your daughters are awesome, sensitive little girls.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88841 Jul 30, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

#88842 Jul 30, 2013
Guinea pig?
squishymama wrote:

Location hidden

#88843 Jul 30, 2013
No, race. She clearly wrote "the young man." She lured a young neighborhood man into her home ("Can you help me reach something that's way up high?"), then trapped him, drugged him, gutted him, and then they buried him.

Neda, stay with me!

#88844 Jul 30, 2013
That was my original thought, but I did not want to sound accusatory.
:)
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
No, race. She clearly wrote "the young man." She lured a young neighborhood man into her home ("Can you help me reach something that's way up high?"), then trapped him, drugged him, gutted him, and then they buried him.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88845 Jul 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
Last year I got a dollar a piece or six for five bucks.
<quoted text>
They're always $1.00 here.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88846 Jul 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
HA!

Location hidden

#88847 Jul 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
That was my original thought, but I did not want to sound accusatory.
:)
<quoted text>
Smart move. You could be her next victim!

Miami, FL

#88848 Jul 30, 2013
Those of you with daughters: do them a favor and teach them how to walk in heels when they're teenagers. It's not easy learning at age 36... old dogs and new tricks and all that.

I'd better be the hottest girl at this effing party....
Tommy

New Albany, IN

#88849 Jul 30, 2013
Hey.

Neda, stay with me!

#88850 Jul 30, 2013
She does this often?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart move. You could be her next victim!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Bluestater 1,153,944
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 49,187
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 4 hr susil bhai 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 4 hr joey 86
428 homicides in 2013 5 hr joey 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 9 hr Roxie Darling 361
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:17 am PST