Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
Kinda like finding out you have TP stuck to your shoe, aint it?
<quoted text>
Pretty much! At least it wasn't used TP.:-)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
A gf of mine, when she visits from Florida, she eats pizza every.single.night while she's in town.
She's from here and misses it so much.
Me too...but, i am in S.E. Florida and i believe we have some small, local pizzaria's that have come from up there and alot from N.Y.....I was just saying, Homerun Pizza from Chicago is a frozen pizza, that when dressed up, is better than some take-out....

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Me too...but, i am in S.E. Florida and i believe we have some small, local pizzaria's that have come from up there and alot from N.Y.....I was just saying, Homerun Pizza from Chicago is a frozen pizza, that when dressed up, is better than some take-out....
I'm sure there are a lot of pizza places in Florida. I'm just sayin' what she craves.

There is a different taste. People who come from different places usually crave at least one thing that was better "back home". It could be chili, bbq, whatever.

Foodwise, I think I'd miss Jay's potato chips if I moved out of the area. And Aurelio's Pizza.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure there are a lot of pizza places in Florida. I'm just sayin' what she craves.
There is a different taste. People who come from different places usually crave at least one thing that was better "back home". It could be chili, bbq, whatever.
Foodwise, I think I'd miss Jay's potato chips if I moved out of the area. And Aurelio's Pizza.
Delivered pizza for a place called, Villa Rosa in Richton Park for awhile in highschool....I miss the beef and green pepper sandwiches from a place in Chicago Heights....I still miss Autumn.....but, not cold...lol...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Mmm, Aurelio's.

Gotta get it from the old oven, though. The pies cooked in the new oven just don't taste right.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Mmm, Aurelio's.
Gotta get it from the old oven, though. The pies cooked in the new oven just don't taste right.
I agree! And my fav is the thin crust spinach, although Sanfrantello's in Glenwood has the BEST thin crust spinach. Their sauce complements the spinach perfectly.

Now I'm craving pizza. And I'm not THAT big of a pizza eater.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Aurelio's is always on my list when I go back home. And if it's the holidays, I'll inevitably run in to someone from high school that doesn't live in the area anymore, too.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

YAY! Framed print arrived! I did not realize it was a limited edition printing! I got one of only 750 made! Checked online...all gone! Had I known, I would have ordered two and ebayed one of them.
exsouthsider

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Delivered pizza for a place called, Villa Rosa in Richton Park for awhile in highschool....I miss the beef and green pepper sandwiches from a place in Chicago Heights....I still miss Autumn.....but, not cold...lol...
Only two places I remember from back in the day. Three Star had "dining" in back of the liquor store on The Hill and Marnell's on Halsted, which is still there I think. Three Star was the best.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Wow, even the canadian post office is sold out of everything but the stamps.

My print is availiable on ebay for only $430.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We discovered, here in Florida the best frozen pizza, we've ever had...Homerun Pizza, from Chicago....wife adds alot of stuff, including garlic and fresh mushrooms....Alway's wonder if this was the late, Cub's Ron Santo's pizza company....
it's a south-side company.... kids in the neighborhood used the front door as home when playing baseball in teh street. the original restaurant wasn't too far from the original Comiskey. one of the "kids" fo the family lived in teh town i grew up in, their kids went to my gradeschool, nad they provided the pizza day pizza at scihool. i think the company is in third generation family management now.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! And my fav is the thin crust spinach, although Sanfrantello's in Glenwood has the BEST thin crust spinach. Their sauce complements the spinach perfectly.
Now I'm craving pizza. And I'm not THAT big of a pizza eater.
Oh, wow. Forgot about that place. Went there before junior homecoming and a couple other things.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Watched the video clip of the Braves pitcher who got his ankle broken last night. Wasn't as gruesome as I had expected. THe Mets player who stepped on the pitcher's foot at first base was a class act -- immediately turning around to check on the guy, apologize, even wiped away some tears when it was all over. Obviously felt awful -- that pitcher is out for the rest of the year, and at 38, who knows whether he'll come back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Chuck Norris's house is for sale:

http://blog.estately.com/2013/07/10-facts-abo...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

exsouthsider wrote:
<quoted text>
Only two places I remember from back in the day. Three Star had "dining" in back of the liquor store on The Hill and Marnell's on Halsted, which is still there I think. Three Star was the best.
Heights Restaurants : What ever happened to Ciprianis?....My stepdad was a big deal in that town....also do you recall Savoias? I worked at Alco Steel, in the late 60's....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's a south-side company.... kids in the neighborhood used the front door as home when playing baseball in teh street. the original restaurant wasn't too far from the original Comiskey. one of the "kids" fo the family lived in teh town i grew up in, their kids went to my gradeschool, nad they provided the pizza day pizza at scihool. i think the company is in third generation family management now.
Fantastic frozen pizza....Graduated Rich East in 70, and it was a great time, down there...Dated an italian girl, she lived at 47th and Hoyne.....great girl-loud family...lol...I used to travel all over the southside, but probably can't anymore, without armour...lol...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Heights Restaurants : What ever happened to Ciprianis?....My stepdad was a big deal in that town....also do you recall Savoias? I worked at Alco Steel, in the late 60's....
Ciprianis is a funeral home, savoias is lorenzettis now, tivoli is some kind of church. Scrementis in Stegar is still there. Guess the predominant nationality that was around here!!
Who was your stepdad?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ciprianis is a funeral home, savoias is lorenzettis now, tivoli is some kind of church. Scrementis in Stegar is still there. Guess the predominant nationality that was around here!!
Who was your stepdad?
Frank Labuda, he grew up there with some Good Fellas....managed the Bowling Alley in Park Forest....Me and my friend's used to go to Marian's football games, just to checkout the hot italian girls...lol...good times....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

I'll go grab the girls, I mean titties, I mean columns.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Frank Labuda, he grew up there with some Good Fellas....managed the Bowling Alley in Park Forest....Me and my friend's used to go to Marian's football games, just to checkout the hot italian girls...lol...good times....
Hey, there was some hot Polish girls around here too.
I sent you a message. We're sort of related.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-24 7 min edogxxx 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Grey Ghost 1,079,019
Amy 7-24 10 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 14 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min wojar 174,513
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min Alon 67,898
Cheap Tomatoes 3 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••