“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88733 Jul 25, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I rarely use my toaster over because it never cooks evenly. Like with bagels, the half that's near the back will be almost burt and the front is fine. I've all but given up on toaster ovens. Forget trying to heat little appetizers or anything. I jsut use the big oven. Does the one you have cook evenly?
Mine does pretty well. It's in a little alcove in the kitchen (maybe meant for the microwave?) so I think that helps retain heat.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88734 Jul 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/inarel ationshipwithpizza/27-best-pho tos-of-cookie-bowl-fails-7shb
Here it is.
All the Fail pics make me sad.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88735 Jul 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
So, you took this boy's cherry? In his kitchen?
<quoted text>
Well, actually...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88736 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We discovered, here in Florida the best frozen pizza, we've ever had...Homerun Pizza, from Chicago....wife adds alot of stuff, including garlic and fresh mushrooms....Alway's wonder if this was the late, Cub's Ron Santo's pizza company....
It is very good pizza but it was not Ron Santo's company

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88737 Jul 25, 2013
Here's cute story, Made me think of edogg if he could articulate.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-m...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88738 Jul 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
Here's cute story, Made me think of edogg if he could articulate.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-m...
Paywall won't let me read the article -- weird.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88739 Jul 25, 2013
I couldn't get to it from topix, but I could get to it via google. Some newspapers' paywalls are letting you access articles via google searches without requiring your being a paying subscriber.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88740 Jul 25, 2013

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88741 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We discovered, here in Florida the best frozen pizza, we've ever had...Homerun Pizza, from Chicago....wife adds alot of stuff, including garlic and fresh mushrooms....Alway's wonder if this was the late, Cub's Ron Santo's pizza company....
A gf of mine, when she visits from Florida, she eats pizza every.single.night while she's in town.

She's from here and misses it so much.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#88742 Jul 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
Kinda like finding out you have TP stuck to your shoe, aint it?
<quoted text>
Pretty much! At least it wasn't used TP.:-)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88743 Jul 25, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
A gf of mine, when she visits from Florida, she eats pizza every.single.night while she's in town.
She's from here and misses it so much.
Me too...but, i am in S.E. Florida and i believe we have some small, local pizzaria's that have come from up there and alot from N.Y.....I was just saying, Homerun Pizza from Chicago is a frozen pizza, that when dressed up, is better than some take-out....

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#88744 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Me too...but, i am in S.E. Florida and i believe we have some small, local pizzaria's that have come from up there and alot from N.Y.....I was just saying, Homerun Pizza from Chicago is a frozen pizza, that when dressed up, is better than some take-out....
I'm sure there are a lot of pizza places in Florida. I'm just sayin' what she craves.

There is a different taste. People who come from different places usually crave at least one thing that was better "back home". It could be chili, bbq, whatever.

Foodwise, I think I'd miss Jay's potato chips if I moved out of the area. And Aurelio's Pizza.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88745 Jul 25, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure there are a lot of pizza places in Florida. I'm just sayin' what she craves.
There is a different taste. People who come from different places usually crave at least one thing that was better "back home". It could be chili, bbq, whatever.
Foodwise, I think I'd miss Jay's potato chips if I moved out of the area. And Aurelio's Pizza.
Delivered pizza for a place called, Villa Rosa in Richton Park for awhile in highschool....I miss the beef and green pepper sandwiches from a place in Chicago Heights....I still miss Autumn.....but, not cold...lol...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#88746 Jul 25, 2013
Mmm, Aurelio's.

Gotta get it from the old oven, though. The pies cooked in the new oven just don't taste right.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#88747 Jul 25, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Mmm, Aurelio's.
Gotta get it from the old oven, though. The pies cooked in the new oven just don't taste right.
I agree! And my fav is the thin crust spinach, although Sanfrantello's in Glenwood has the BEST thin crust spinach. Their sauce complements the spinach perfectly.

Now I'm craving pizza. And I'm not THAT big of a pizza eater.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88748 Jul 25, 2013
Aurelio's is always on my list when I go back home. And if it's the holidays, I'll inevitably run in to someone from high school that doesn't live in the area anymore, too.

Neda, stay with me!

#88749 Jul 25, 2013
YAY! Framed print arrived! I did not realize it was a limited edition printing! I got one of only 750 made! Checked online...all gone! Had I known, I would have ordered two and ebayed one of them.
exsouthsider

Chicago Heights, IL

#88750 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Delivered pizza for a place called, Villa Rosa in Richton Park for awhile in highschool....I miss the beef and green pepper sandwiches from a place in Chicago Heights....I still miss Autumn.....but, not cold...lol...
Only two places I remember from back in the day. Three Star had "dining" in back of the liquor store on The Hill and Marnell's on Halsted, which is still there I think. Three Star was the best.

Neda, stay with me!

#88751 Jul 25, 2013
Wow, even the canadian post office is sold out of everything but the stamps.

My print is availiable on ebay for only $430.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#88752 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
it's a south-side company.... kids in the neighborhood used the front door as home when playing baseball in teh street. the original restaurant wasn't too far from the original Comiskey. one of the "kids" fo the family lived in teh town i grew up in, their kids went to my gradeschool, nad they provided the pizza day pizza at scihool. i think the company is in third generation family management now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min harmonious 1,115,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min harmonious 47,066
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 54 min Top of the Heap 4,054
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 50,063
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 2 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr HughBe 69,541
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]