Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#88713 Jul 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm hungry.
I wasn't, but now I am. I want Indian food and ice cream in a cookie dough bowl. And wine.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88714 Jul 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
OMFG! My cholesterol jumped just watching that!
I would be tempted to buy a toaster over for them alone!
<quoted text>
Crazy Luddite. You should have a toaster oven anyway. Mini pizzas? Small batches of cookies from pre-made cookie dough? Hello?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88715 Jul 24, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy Luddite. You should have a toaster oven anyway. Mini pizzas? Small batches of cookies from pre-made cookie dough? Hello?
I know, right? I have a friend who has never owned a toaster over and prefers a toaster. I use my toaster oven way more than the full size oven and rarely to make toast. I could not imagine not having one.(though I do have a big one. Just lessens my need to turn on the big oven since I can fit my small casserole dish in there. Even has a rotisserie.

This is mine.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Convection-Toast...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#88716 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
What's the difference between jam and jelly?
one shakes and the other doesn't...?

in reality, jam uses the fruit, whereas jelly is just the juice...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88717 Jul 24, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/inarel ationshipwithpizza/27-best-pho tos-of-cookie-bowl-fails-7shb
Here it is.
Thanks.

I don't bake a lot but I can tell that there was probably too much butter or shortening in many of those recipes. That's what makes them melt. The flip (literally) is that I saved a batch of cookie dough that had too much butter by baking it in the mini cupcake tins so they spread up and not out.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88718 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
What's the difference between jam and jelly?
A jelly is strained and is clear. Jam had slid pieces of fruit in it. Preserves has bigger pieces and uses more sugar..

My BF's parents had a pie cherry tree and their next door neighbors had one too. One day me, BF and a friend whose father had a diner type restaurant picked both trees as clean as we could and made cherry... everything. Jelly, jam when we got tired of straining stuff, juice, a couple of pies, prepped cherries for freezer and future use. My BF's mother was a gem for letting us stay up all night and really mess her kitchen.The house smelled of cherries for a week. OTOH I was 16, the guys were 18 and she knew where we were and what we were doing.

I still make cherry juice, but I buy the jelly/jam preserves these days.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88719 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? I have a friend who has never owned a toaster over and prefers a toaster. I use my toaster oven way more than the full size oven and rarely to make toast. I could not imagine not having one.(though I do have a big one. Just lessens my need to turn on the big oven since I can fit my small casserole dish in there. Even has a rotisserie.
This is mine.
Is this when you are cooking for yourself? What about the boys and Mrs Tonka?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88720 Jul 24, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I know, right? I have a friend who has never owned a toaster over and prefers a toaster. I use my toaster oven way more than the full size oven and rarely to make toast. I could not imagine not having one.(though I do have a big one. Just lessens my need to turn on the big oven since I can fit my small casserole dish in there. Even has a rotisserie.

This is mine.

Ours can fit a decent size pizza in it. 15 inch, maybe.

I'd think all you Floridians would have one, so you don't have to heat up the oven as often in the summer.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88721 Jul 24, 2013
Wrong. The difference is I can't jelly my c0<# down your throat! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Hear that from the chick on Adam Carolla.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88722 Jul 24, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Is this when you are cooking for yourself? What about the boys and Mrs Tonka?
That toaster oven is on the big side. You think I eat a whole casserole baking dish of stuff myself?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88723 Jul 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
Did you order from a website? I just called their mumber and ordered over the phone.
<quoted text>
From the Canada post office website.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#88724 Jul 24, 2013
All this toaster oven talk mad me start thinking I should buy one. Then I remembered I have one...in the storage closet on the patio...underneath 8000 tons of other crap I don't have room for in my house.

Also I want Indian food, wine and pie.

Dammn you, dammn you all!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88725 Jul 25, 2013
No toaster oven and no microwave.
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>

Neda, stay with me!

#88726 Jul 25, 2013
Ha!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>old man

Neda, stay with me!

#88727 Jul 25, 2013
So, you took this boy's cherry? In his kitchen?
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>A jelly is strained and is clear. Jam had slid pieces of fruit in it. Preserves has bigger pieces and uses more sugar..
My BF's parents had a pie cherry tree and their next door neighbors had one too. One day me, BF and a friend whose father had a diner type restaurant picked both trees as clean as we could and made cherry... everything. Jelly, jam when we got tired of straining stuff, juice, a couple of pies, prepped cherries for freezer and future use. My BF's mother was a gem for letting us stay up all night and really mess her kitchen.The house smelled of cherries for a week. OTOH I was 16, the guys were 18 and she knew where we were and what we were doing.
I still make cherry juice, but I buy the jelly/jam preserves these days.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88728 Jul 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/inarel ationshipwithpizza/27-best-pho tos-of-cookie-bowl-fails-7shb
Here it is.
Ha! Sharing!

Neda, stay with me!

#88729 Jul 25, 2013
I rarely use my oven. The grill is my most used appliance. It has a side burner that mostly eliminates the need for the stove. Stove makes coffee, boils water. Hell, I could probably replace it with a hot plate and never know the difference.
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd think all you Floridians would have one, so you don't have to heat up the oven as often in the summer.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88730 Jul 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We discovered, here in Florida the best frozen pizza, we've ever had...Homerun Pizza, from Chicago....wife adds alot of stuff, including garlic and fresh mushrooms....Alway's wonder if this was the late, Cub's Ron Santo's pizza company....
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#88731 Jul 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
This is mine.
I rarely use my toaster over because it never cooks evenly. Like with bagels, the half that's near the back will be almost burt and the front is fine. I've all but given up on toaster ovens. Forget trying to heat little appetizers or anything. I jsut use the big oven. Does the one you have cook evenly?
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#88732 Jul 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have central air. My house is set at 74 or 75 anyway.:-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago a model city 5 min Just me 6
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,124,791
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 1 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Boy G 50,587
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Frank 179,261
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 69,964
Birth mother 3 hr It is me 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs