“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88751 Jul 25, 2013
Wow, even the canadian post office is sold out of everything but the stamps.

My print is availiable on ebay for only $430.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#88752 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We discovered, here in Florida the best frozen pizza, we've ever had...Homerun Pizza, from Chicago....wife adds alot of stuff, including garlic and fresh mushrooms....Alway's wonder if this was the late, Cub's Ron Santo's pizza company....
it's a south-side company.... kids in the neighborhood used the front door as home when playing baseball in teh street. the original restaurant wasn't too far from the original Comiskey. one of the "kids" fo the family lived in teh town i grew up in, their kids went to my gradeschool, nad they provided the pizza day pizza at scihool. i think the company is in third generation family management now.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88753 Jul 25, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! And my fav is the thin crust spinach, although Sanfrantello's in Glenwood has the BEST thin crust spinach. Their sauce complements the spinach perfectly.
Now I'm craving pizza. And I'm not THAT big of a pizza eater.
Oh, wow. Forgot about that place. Went there before junior homecoming and a couple other things.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88754 Jul 25, 2013
Watched the video clip of the Braves pitcher who got his ankle broken last night. Wasn't as gruesome as I had expected. THe Mets player who stepped on the pitcher's foot at first base was a class act -- immediately turning around to check on the guy, apologize, even wiped away some tears when it was all over. Obviously felt awful -- that pitcher is out for the rest of the year, and at 38, who knows whether he'll come back.

Location hidden

#88755 Jul 25, 2013
Chuck Norris's house is for sale:

http://blog.estately.com/2013/07/10-facts-abo...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88756 Jul 25, 2013
exsouthsider wrote:
<quoted text>
Only two places I remember from back in the day. Three Star had "dining" in back of the liquor store on The Hill and Marnell's on Halsted, which is still there I think. Three Star was the best.
Heights Restaurants : What ever happened to Ciprianis?....My stepdad was a big deal in that town....also do you recall Savoias? I worked at Alco Steel, in the late 60's....

Location hidden

#88757 Jul 25, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's a south-side company.... kids in the neighborhood used the front door as home when playing baseball in teh street. the original restaurant wasn't too far from the original Comiskey. one of the "kids" fo the family lived in teh town i grew up in, their kids went to my gradeschool, nad they provided the pizza day pizza at scihool. i think the company is in third generation family management now.
Fantastic frozen pizza....Graduated Rich East in 70, and it was a great time, down there...Dated an italian girl, she lived at 47th and Hoyne.....great girl-loud family...lol...I used to travel all over the southside, but probably can't anymore, without armour...lol...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#88758 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Heights Restaurants : What ever happened to Ciprianis?....My stepdad was a big deal in that town....also do you recall Savoias? I worked at Alco Steel, in the late 60's....
Ciprianis is a funeral home, savoias is lorenzettis now, tivoli is some kind of church. Scrementis in Stegar is still there. Guess the predominant nationality that was around here!!
Who was your stepdad?

Location hidden

#88759 Jul 25, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ciprianis is a funeral home, savoias is lorenzettis now, tivoli is some kind of church. Scrementis in Stegar is still there. Guess the predominant nationality that was around here!!
Who was your stepdad?
Frank Labuda, he grew up there with some Good Fellas....managed the Bowling Alley in Park Forest....Me and my friend's used to go to Marian's football games, just to checkout the hot italian girls...lol...good times....

Location hidden

#88760 Jul 26, 2013
I'll go grab the girls, I mean titties, I mean columns.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#88761 Jul 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Frank Labuda, he grew up there with some Good Fellas....managed the Bowling Alley in Park Forest....Me and my friend's used to go to Marian's football games, just to checkout the hot italian girls...lol...good times....
Hey, there was some hot Polish girls around here too.
I sent you a message. We're sort of related.

Location hidden

#88762 Jul 26, 2013
Abby:

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T6HDDH3P1A...

Amy is posted, not showing up yet.

Location hidden

#88763 Jul 26, 2013

Location hidden

#88764 Jul 26, 2013
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Weekend plans?

Tonight is poker night. Probably will go.

TOmorrow is (sigh) Nick's aunt's somewhat of a surprise 70th birthday celebration. But for a 3-4 hour gathering, we get to drive 2.5 hours EACH WAY. You see, her family has the family cabin this weekend, including her daughter and her daughter's husband/kids from Virginia. So five hours in a car for three hours of hanging out with family.

We leave at 12:30 on Saturday. We'll get home around 10. yay.

yay.

Location hidden

#88765 Jul 26, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, there was some hot Polish girls around here too.
I sent you a message. We're sort of related.
Got ya...small world....Thanks....

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88766 Jul 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Weekend plans?
A whole lotta not much! But since DMB was last weekend and the party that I bought the little black dress for is next weekend, a chill weekend in between is fine.

I mentioned to you guys a few weeks ago that my friend A is back with the crazy boyfriend from last winter. She says he's changed (been in therapy, recognized the crazy and dialed it way down) and has stuck to the changes so far. I had a talk with my friend S about this yesterday and he gave me good advice: I spoke up last winter, now I need to keep my mouth shut unless I want to risk ruining my friendship with A.

Location hidden

#88767 Jul 26, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
A whole lotta not much! But since DMB was last weekend and the party that I bought the little black dress for is next weekend, a chill weekend in between is fine.
I mentioned to you guys a few weeks ago that my friend A is back with the crazy boyfriend from last winter. She says he's changed (been in therapy, recognized the crazy and dialed it way down) and has stuck to the changes so far. I had a talk with my friend S about this yesterday and he gave me good advice: I spoke up last winter, now I need to keep my mouth shut unless I want to risk ruining my friendship with A.
ITA with friend S. Sucks, don't it, when your friend is dating a dickhead.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88768 Jul 26, 2013
This weekend...
Scraping barnacles! Got boat on friends lift, neighbor is going to let me borrow power washer, and I have 3 putty knives for what the washer does not remove.

Once that is done, I can get boat on the AirDock and turn existing floaty boat dock into a real dock that is floating, with table,chairs and fire pit. Is gonna be awesome!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88769 Jul 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ITA with friend S. Sucks, don't it, when your friend is dating a dickhead.
Sure does.

The thing is, even if he HAS changed and got the crazy under control, there are still other deal-breakers (politics & religion... A has talked to me about this). And in my personal opinion, he's just not that much fun to be around. D called him a bump on a log and it's true... over 4th of July, he was buried in his smartphone while the three of us were talking and laughing.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#88770 Jul 26, 2013
Something I have to share with you regs. Blue's mom was one of the coolest people I have ever known. Someone who stays in your best memories. A talented artist and really nice person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,317
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 35 min Frijoles 71,119
Disgraceful treatment at O'Hare 44 min far away 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,872
The truth regarding Ebola 1 hr STORY NOW ON TV 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,264
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,238
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:21 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:21PM