Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

She'd get tired, then get a headache, then couldn't sleep until she barfed. Only happened once or twice when I was there, but it was a regular thing for her.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yeah, we always had the one girl who would be dead asleep by 9 p.m. But no pukers.
So what did you do to the 9pm girl?
redhead

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
So what did you do to the 9pm girl?
I don't think we ever did anything terribly mean. We put her bra in the freezer one night. Another time, we carried her in her sleeping bag down to the bottom of the hill (we were sleeping outside). Seriously, she was dead asleep by 9 p.m. and snoring. But she was one of the nicest girls so we had a bit of fun but nothing mean.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

I went to a small slumber party in fifth grade and I couldn't have fun becuase I was on the verge of puking mcuh of the night. The mom knew it and sort of hung around me, probably hoping to make sure she controlled where the puke went.

Then I felt it coming. Ran to the bathroom, hung out in there, with the mom holdin gmy hair back... and out came the tiniest burp you've ever heard and that was it. Felt great. Time to run around and play!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I went to a small slumber party in fifth grade and I couldn't have fun becuase I was on the verge of puking mcuh of the night. The mom knew it and sort of hung around me, probably hoping to make sure she controlled where the puke went.
Then I felt it coming. Ran to the bathroom, hung out in there, with the mom holdin gmy hair back... and out came the tiniest burp you've ever heard and that was it. Felt great. Time to run around and play!
most of the time, after i puke, i can tell if i'm done or not. wehn we went to germany last december, i was sick halfway across teh atlantic. it came on quick, adn kept coming. once we got home, though, i had some vitamin water or sometihgn like that, e-mailed my office manager that i might maybe call in tired depending on how the night went, and went to bed. slept like a log and went to work feeling fine.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Squishy- I'm sorry t hear all the Squishy ladies are under the weather. Get better soon. Virtual chicken soup coming your way.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

More silliness from my favorite engaged couple--I guess my SIL's fiancÚ has no plans to work any type of job during the school year until after he graduates. It's "too stressful" to work and go to school. Keep in mind he has no job now, either. And I guess they ARE planning on getting married in a year. He'll lose his insurance under his parents, she could lose her need-based scholarships. And, they want to get married in Bourbonnais. Where neither of them are from, none of their relatives live, and where they no longer go to school. And they'll be planning this alleged wedding from Tennessee.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
More silliness from my favorite engaged couple--I guess my SIL's fiancÚ has no plans to work any type of job during the school year until after he graduates. It's "too stressful" to work and go to school. Keep in mind he has no job now, either. And I guess they ARE planning on getting married in a year. He'll lose his insurance under his parents, she could lose her need-based scholarships. And, they want to get married in Bourbonnais. Where neither of them are from, none of their relatives live, and where they no longer go to school. And they'll be planning this alleged wedding from Tennessee.
Why Bourbonnais in the middle of fields? Last time I was in Bourbonnais they had plenty of fields so that's why I say that.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay!::doing a little hooray dance in your honor:: Also, so #jealous.
Awww, teehee, thanks.
Now the real "fun" begins--dissertation. Bleh!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Bourbonnais in the middle of fields? Last time I was in Bourbonnais they had plenty of fields so that's why I say that.
They went to school there last year.
If they time it right they can do it during Bears' training camp, although I can't say I ever thought of Bourbonnais as a destination wedding place either....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

First of all, focus on growing up instead of trying to prove to everyone that you have already done so. I also knew that I never wanted to have kids, but didn't feel the need to try to convince everyone in my life. If you are 17 and about to start college, even the biggest baby-maniac in the world should understand that there are other things for you to concern yourself with right now. Just smile and say your parenting days are too far down the road to think about right now. There is no need for a battle about whether you are going to give birth or not.
Second, good luck finding a doctor to perform a tubal litigation on a healthy 17-year-old. My friend's daughter is 19 with two kids and she has had zero luck finding someone. Not that they aren't out there, just that most won't, and I don't know that I would be comfortable with the ones who would be willing.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

oops...wrong thread

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Kinda like finding out you have TP stuck to your shoe, aint it?
itser wrote:
oops...wrong thread

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>They went to school there last year.
If they time it right they can do it during Bears' training camp, although I can't say I ever thought of Bourbonnais as a destination wedding place either....
Yeah. They're doing it there because the pastor at their church said they could do the ceremony and reception there for free. Which is exactly what the pastor at her church here and his pastor up in NW Indiana would say probably...buuuut, I'm assuming they haven't looked in to that. I guess we'll stay at my dad's, because it's closer than here.

Also, his mom is mortified with the idea of doing like a pot luck reception or just a cake reception. I was like, this is the part where you say "Oh, so you're going to pay for catering? That's awesome!" But they think it's improper to ask. Sorry, but you have to buy your way in to that kind of input in to a wedding.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Magic 8 ball says it won't happen.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Squishy- I'm sorry t hear all the Squishy ladies are under the weather. Get better soon. Virtual chicken soup coming your way.
Thanks PE!

We're all back to our regularly scheduled programming today.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

My friend C is pregnant. I really like her, but I *hate* baby showers. Hers is at 10am on a Saturday - yeah, no. I looked at her registry online (because years ago I vowed never to set foot in a Babies R Us store again) and it's such a PITA waste of money... shipping, gift wrap, blah blah blah. Would it be horrible if I got her a gift card to Target or something, threw it in a greeting card, and mailed it to the shower host's address?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
My friend C is pregnant. I really like her, but I *hate* baby showers. Hers is at 10am on a Saturday - yeah, no. I looked at her registry online (because years ago I vowed never to set foot in a Babies R Us store again) and it's such a PITA waste of money... shipping, gift wrap, blah blah blah. Would it be horrible if I got her a gift card to Target or something, threw it in a greeting card, and mailed it to the shower host's address?
You have my permission to do so. You might have a tad of 24 hour plague and not want to expose the pregnant mom... as a matter of courtesy of course.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
My last baby shower was at 10 a.m. In a bar! It was great! It was the pregnant woman's choice, too!

Yes, gift card. She will love that she has some flexibility to choose her own stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,421 - 87,440 of96,404
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,037,726
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min LRS 167,754
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 56 min _Zoey_ 4,045
Music Artists A to Z 57 min _Zoey_ 102
Amy 4-24 1 hr RACE 35
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Tea Bagger 511
Amy 4-23 1 hr RACE 43
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search