Topix Chitown Regulars

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 4,370)

Showing posts 87,381 - 87,400 of97,459
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88619
Jul 23, 2013
 
squishymama wrote:
Well, my lovely children have gotten me sick again. I spent all afternoon, a long hot sticky afternoon, snuggling on the couch with them and thought we were in the clear. Everybody was feeling better and asleep until 12:45 when Nunu woke us up to inform us she had to throw up.(Why do they do that?!) Barely made it to the bathroom but not quite to the toilet. <sigh> Now I've woken up with the same feeling, however *I* will make it to the appropriate bathroom fixture.
Ugh, that sucks!!!

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88620
Jul 23, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Heh. From a friend whose kid turned 2 in April:
Malcolm saying his prayers last night:
God bless momma.
God bless daddy.
God bless nanas.
God bless papas.
(from here it changes every night.)
God bless all my friends.
God bless bagels.
Amen
Bagels! Love it.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88621
Jul 23, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh, that sucks!!!
Yes it does.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88622
Jul 23, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Heh. From a friend whose kid turned 2 in April:
Malcolm saying his prayers last night:
God bless momma.
God bless daddy.
God bless nanas.
God bless papas.
(from here it changes every night.)
God bless all my friends.
God bless bagels.
Amen
Especially egg everything bagels with lots of veggie cream cheese!!!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88623
Jul 23, 2013
 

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88624
Jul 23, 2013
 
Yeah, very gripping lyrics.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome choices. You're right, anyone hearing these will either get into RUSH or they never will. "Nobody's Hero" was Chris' favorite song. NOt "RUSH song," song, period.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88625
Jul 23, 2013
 
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially egg everything bagels with lots of veggie cream cheese!!!
That sounds so good right now.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88626
Jul 23, 2013
 
I don't like cream cheese much, but I do like the cucumber dill that Bruegger's comes out with each spring. Plain bagels only, with cream cheese spread so thin I can see the bread through it.

(Bruegger's doesn't even charge me for the cream cheese!)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88627
Jul 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome choices. You're right, anyone hearing these will either get into RUSH or they never will. "Nobody's Hero" was Chris' favorite song. NOt "RUSH song," song, period.
Do you enjoy/appreciate Rush more from listening to well produced studio albums or live performances?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88629
Jul 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't like cream cheese much, but I do like the cucumber dill that Bruegger's comes out with each spring. Plain bagels only, with cream cheese spread so thin I can see the bread through it.
(Bruegger's doesn't even charge me for the cream cheese!)
My absolute favorite is from Einstein Bros. Whipped salmon cream cheese. Whenever I'm in Chicago, I gorge on that stuff. Used to get it all the time in college, but now I'm glad I can't get it regularly.

I made the mistake of taking it to class once. Had several people go "Dear God, what is that SMELL?". Whoops.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88630
Jul 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Yes.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Do you enjoy/appreciate Rush more from listening to well produced studio albums or live performances?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88631
Jul 23, 2013
 
And I hate to laugh about an earthquake, but I just cannot see the word "El Segundo" and not think of Red Foxx and "Sanford and Son."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88632
Jul 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RACE wrote:
And I hate to laugh about an earthquake, but I just cannot see the word "El Segundo" and not think of Red Foxx and "Sanford and Son."
Refresh my memory as to how that fits in with Sanford and Son (I loved that show).

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88633
Jul 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Fred (red) used to mention it. It was like a catch phrase for him "from here to el segundo". I think he just liked the way it rolled off his tongue. Like his friend who always said
"good goobely woo"!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88634
Jul 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RACE wrote:
Fred (red) used to mention it. It was like a catch phrase for him "from here to el segundo". I think he just liked the way it rolled off his tongue. Like his friend who always said
"good goobely woo"!
I caught some Sanford and Son reruns about 15 years ago, and was shocked at the racial humor -- no WAY would that be allowed on a prime time sitcom these days, but back in the '70s it was okay!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88635
Jul 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Do you enjoy/appreciate Rush more from listening to well produced studio albums or live performances?
If I'm just listening to a CD or something, I prefer a studio version, but that goes for any band. I'm not a fan really of "live" albums. However, RUSH live, seeing them...there's nothing like it. I can't explain it, you pretty much have to experience it. I've had people who had zero, less than zero interest in them go with me to concerts and come out a couple hours later devoted fans for life.

It happened to me that way too. Sorta. Way back in 1975 I had a friend who was into them. Keep in mind they didn't have a huge body of work at that point. He was always writing "RUSH" on everything (the way teenagers do) and one day I asked him what it was about. He played "Working Man" for me. That was it, all it took, just one song and I wanted to hear the rest of the album. Been a RUSH fan ever since.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88636
Jul 23, 2013
 
Squishy - i think it just takes people a bit to figure out what the trigger point is, and then little feet need more steps to make it... i had issues as a kid with getting over-stimulatetd at sleepovers - a combo of too much sugar & excitement and not enough sleep - and getting sick to my stomach. at the ripe old age of 35+, i started figuring out in advance that i would get sick from fried food & alcohol (there goes fish fries...), adn could pin point wiht great accuracy when i would actually get sick.

give them time... at least they announce when they get up! ;-)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88637
Jul 23, 2013
 
Aisle Sitter wrote:
Squishy - i think it just takes people a bit to figure out what the trigger point is, and then little feet need more steps to make it... i had issues as a kid with getting over-stimulatetd at sleepovers - a combo of too much sugar & excitement and not enough sleep - and getting sick to my stomach. at the ripe old age of 35+, i started figuring out in advance that i would get sick from fried food & alcohol (there goes fish fries...), adn could pin point wiht great accuracy when i would actually get sick.
give them time... at least they announce when they get up! ;-)
Ha, my best friend growing up was a sleepover barfer. After a certain hour, I'd just expect her to explode at any second.

Now she's a crazy party girl. Always out at clubs until the wee hours. Maybe booze is the key to *not* barfing, in her case.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88638
Jul 23, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, my best friend growing up was a sleepover barfer. After a certain hour, I'd just expect her to explode at any second.
I've never heard of that before and never witnessed anyone doing that! Interesting!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88639
Jul 23, 2013
 
Yeah, we always had the one girl who would be dead asleep by 9 p.m. But no pukers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,381 - 87,400 of97,459
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

112 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min DEM LBERAL Party USA 1,073,390
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,794
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 9 min not a ghost 353
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 10 min RJS 7,686
Abby 7-14 10 min Toj 4
Amy 7-14 14 min Toj 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min Dusty Mangina 48,707
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••