“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88629 Jul 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't like cream cheese much, but I do like the cucumber dill that Bruegger's comes out with each spring. Plain bagels only, with cream cheese spread so thin I can see the bread through it.
(Bruegger's doesn't even charge me for the cream cheese!)
My absolute favorite is from Einstein Bros. Whipped salmon cream cheese. Whenever I'm in Chicago, I gorge on that stuff. Used to get it all the time in college, but now I'm glad I can't get it regularly.

I made the mistake of taking it to class once. Had several people go "Dear God, what is that SMELL?". Whoops.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88630 Jul 23, 2013
Yes.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Do you enjoy/appreciate Rush more from listening to well produced studio albums or live performances?

Neda, stay with me!

#88631 Jul 23, 2013
And I hate to laugh about an earthquake, but I just cannot see the word "El Segundo" and not think of Red Foxx and "Sanford and Son."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88632 Jul 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
And I hate to laugh about an earthquake, but I just cannot see the word "El Segundo" and not think of Red Foxx and "Sanford and Son."
Refresh my memory as to how that fits in with Sanford and Son (I loved that show).

Neda, stay with me!

#88633 Jul 23, 2013
Fred (red) used to mention it. It was like a catch phrase for him "from here to el segundo". I think he just liked the way it rolled off his tongue. Like his friend who always said
"good goobely woo"!

Location hidden

#88634 Jul 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
Fred (red) used to mention it. It was like a catch phrase for him "from here to el segundo". I think he just liked the way it rolled off his tongue. Like his friend who always said
"good goobely woo"!
I caught some Sanford and Son reruns about 15 years ago, and was shocked at the racial humor -- no WAY would that be allowed on a prime time sitcom these days, but back in the '70s it was okay!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88635 Jul 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Do you enjoy/appreciate Rush more from listening to well produced studio albums or live performances?
If I'm just listening to a CD or something, I prefer a studio version, but that goes for any band. I'm not a fan really of "live" albums. However, RUSH live, seeing them...there's nothing like it. I can't explain it, you pretty much have to experience it. I've had people who had zero, less than zero interest in them go with me to concerts and come out a couple hours later devoted fans for life.

It happened to me that way too. Sorta. Way back in 1975 I had a friend who was into them. Keep in mind they didn't have a huge body of work at that point. He was always writing "RUSH" on everything (the way teenagers do) and one day I asked him what it was about. He played "Working Man" for me. That was it, all it took, just one song and I wanted to hear the rest of the album. Been a RUSH fan ever since.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#88636 Jul 23, 2013
Squishy - i think it just takes people a bit to figure out what the trigger point is, and then little feet need more steps to make it... i had issues as a kid with getting over-stimulatetd at sleepovers - a combo of too much sugar & excitement and not enough sleep - and getting sick to my stomach. at the ripe old age of 35+, i started figuring out in advance that i would get sick from fried food & alcohol (there goes fish fries...), adn could pin point wiht great accuracy when i would actually get sick.

give them time... at least they announce when they get up! ;-)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88637 Jul 23, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
Squishy - i think it just takes people a bit to figure out what the trigger point is, and then little feet need more steps to make it... i had issues as a kid with getting over-stimulatetd at sleepovers - a combo of too much sugar & excitement and not enough sleep - and getting sick to my stomach. at the ripe old age of 35+, i started figuring out in advance that i would get sick from fried food & alcohol (there goes fish fries...), adn could pin point wiht great accuracy when i would actually get sick.
give them time... at least they announce when they get up! ;-)
Ha, my best friend growing up was a sleepover barfer. After a certain hour, I'd just expect her to explode at any second.

Now she's a crazy party girl. Always out at clubs until the wee hours. Maybe booze is the key to *not* barfing, in her case.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#88638 Jul 23, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, my best friend growing up was a sleepover barfer. After a certain hour, I'd just expect her to explode at any second.
I've never heard of that before and never witnessed anyone doing that! Interesting!!!

Location hidden

#88639 Jul 23, 2013
Yeah, we always had the one girl who would be dead asleep by 9 p.m. But no pukers.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88640 Jul 23, 2013
She'd get tired, then get a headache, then couldn't sleep until she barfed. Only happened once or twice when I was there, but it was a regular thing for her.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88641 Jul 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yeah, we always had the one girl who would be dead asleep by 9 p.m. But no pukers.
So what did you do to the 9pm girl?
redhead

Saint Paul, MN

#88642 Jul 23, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
So what did you do to the 9pm girl?
I don't think we ever did anything terribly mean. We put her bra in the freezer one night. Another time, we carried her in her sleeping bag down to the bottom of the hill (we were sleeping outside). Seriously, she was dead asleep by 9 p.m. and snoring. But she was one of the nicest girls so we had a bit of fun but nothing mean.

Location hidden

#88643 Jul 23, 2013
I went to a small slumber party in fifth grade and I couldn't have fun becuase I was on the verge of puking mcuh of the night. The mom knew it and sort of hung around me, probably hoping to make sure she controlled where the puke went.

Then I felt it coming. Ran to the bathroom, hung out in there, with the mom holdin gmy hair back... and out came the tiniest burp you've ever heard and that was it. Felt great. Time to run around and play!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#88644 Jul 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I went to a small slumber party in fifth grade and I couldn't have fun becuase I was on the verge of puking mcuh of the night. The mom knew it and sort of hung around me, probably hoping to make sure she controlled where the puke went.
Then I felt it coming. Ran to the bathroom, hung out in there, with the mom holdin gmy hair back... and out came the tiniest burp you've ever heard and that was it. Felt great. Time to run around and play!
most of the time, after i puke, i can tell if i'm done or not. wehn we went to germany last december, i was sick halfway across teh atlantic. it came on quick, adn kept coming. once we got home, though, i had some vitamin water or sometihgn like that, e-mailed my office manager that i might maybe call in tired depending on how the night went, and went to bed. slept like a log and went to work feeling fine.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88645 Jul 23, 2013
Squishy- I'm sorry t hear all the Squishy ladies are under the weather. Get better soon. Virtual chicken soup coming your way.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#88646 Jul 23, 2013
More silliness from my favorite engaged couple--I guess my SIL's fiancÚ has no plans to work any type of job during the school year until after he graduates. It's "too stressful" to work and go to school. Keep in mind he has no job now, either. And I guess they ARE planning on getting married in a year. He'll lose his insurance under his parents, she could lose her need-based scholarships. And, they want to get married in Bourbonnais. Where neither of them are from, none of their relatives live, and where they no longer go to school. And they'll be planning this alleged wedding from Tennessee.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88647 Jul 23, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
More silliness from my favorite engaged couple--I guess my SIL's fiancÚ has no plans to work any type of job during the school year until after he graduates. It's "too stressful" to work and go to school. Keep in mind he has no job now, either. And I guess they ARE planning on getting married in a year. He'll lose his insurance under his parents, she could lose her need-based scholarships. And, they want to get married in Bourbonnais. Where neither of them are from, none of their relatives live, and where they no longer go to school. And they'll be planning this alleged wedding from Tennessee.
Why Bourbonnais in the middle of fields? Last time I was in Bourbonnais they had plenty of fields so that's why I say that.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#88648 Jul 23, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay!::doing a little hooray dance in your honor:: Also, so #jealous.
Awww, teehee, thanks.
Now the real "fun" begins--dissertation. Bleh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,110,827
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min litesong 46,702
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr mahz 49,851
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 69,397
OnePotChefShow 2 hr Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr andet1987 1,473
Amy 9-18 5 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 178,068
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••