|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
You never struck me as someone who would have an adrenaline rush just for a fancy schmancy restaurant. What's the occasion?
It's my boyfriend's friend's birthday party and there will be around 50 people, 99% of whom I haven't met yet.:)

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Tonka & Race, sorry to hear about your critters. I guess I missed Tonka's story the first time around.

Both of my dogs are starting to show their ages, especially the little one. She *hates* going for walks and is so slow anymore, but still gets excited for treats and loves to snuggle, so... as long as she's more happy and comfortable than not, I won't do anything.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Tonka & Race, sorry to hear about your critters. I guess I missed Tonka's story the first time around.
Both of my dogs are starting to show their ages, especially the little one. She *hates* going for walks and is so slow anymore, but still gets excited for treats and loves to snuggle, so... as long as she's more happy and comfortable than not, I won't do anything.
Why does she hate going for walks? When she was younger, did she love them? Or she was ambivalent?

I completely agree with your attitude: so long as they're more happy than unhappy, I'll keep mine alive and with me.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, animal hospice comes to your home and does the deed. Wont be under the mango tree, she loves sleeping on the guest bed, and that is where we will say goodbye.
It costs, but for all she has given me, the least I can do is spend the coin and spare her the trauma of the trip to the vet, and her last scents being of anticeptic and stainless steel. She will be in her home, surrounded by familiar scents and sounds....
I am so conflicted. She is eating like a horse, but not gaining an ounce. Today though, she was sneezing, and it was bloody. She ate well, but then just looked at me and meowed, like she is saying "It's time". She just came out and ate again (I am baking chicken, so I am sure she smells it) and then went back to bed.
What if she's not ready to go, and I shorten her life? What if she is, and I am prolonging it and causing her pain?
I am hoping the vet who comes can tell me one way or the other, but I feel that i am doing the right thing.
Cats are just so damn unreadable.
No pictures, Daughter still has my camera, but maybe I will use my phone, I dunno <mimi shrug>
Internet hugs, Race. I'm really sorry.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Well, I had steeled myself to putting her down. Gave her an entire can of cat food (and she ate it all), then went back to her napping spot. I checked on her a couple of times, all was normal.

Then she cam out in the living room and when I went to pet her, she ran into the bedroom and under the bed! I was like WTF? She will not come out, so I called and cancelled for today. Told them I know I will need them soon, but apparently she does not want to go today.

Relieved and sad. But when she is active, she is totally normal active, its not like she is walking around in pain (that I can tell), but I know I am running out of time quickly.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
It's hips are probably bothering it. Quit walking the poor thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Well, I had steeled myself to putting her down. Gave her an entire can of cat food (and she ate it all), then went back to her napping spot. I checked on her a couple of times, all was normal.
Then she cam out in the living room and when I went to pet her, she ran into the bedroom and under the bed! I was like WTF? She will not come out, so I called and cancelled for today. Told them I know I will need them soon, but apparently she does not want to go today.
Relieved and sad. But when she is active, she is totally normal active, its not like she is walking around in pain (that I can tell), but I know I am running out of time quickly.
Good luck! Maybe this is her way of saying "I'm almost ready to go but I want a few more days of life left for some fun first!"

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does she hate going for walks? When she was younger, did she love them? Or she was ambivalent?
I completely agree with your attitude: so long as they're more happy than unhappy, I'll keep mine alive and with me.
She loved them when she was young, and then was neutral about them during middle age.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Yeah, animal hospice comes to your home and does the deed. Wont be under the mango tree, she loves sleeping on the guest bed, and that is where we will say goodbye.
It costs, but for all she has given me, the least I can do is spend the coin and spare her the trauma of the trip to the vet, and her last scents being of anticeptic and stainless steel. She will be in her home, surrounded by familiar scents and sounds....
I am so conflicted. She is eating like a horse, but not gaining an ounce. Today though, she was sneezing, and it was bloody. She ate well, but then just looked at me and meowed, like she is saying "It's time". She just came out and ate again (I am baking chicken, so I am sure she smells it) and then went back to bed.
What if she's not ready to go, and I shorten her life? What if she is, and I am prolonging it and causing her pain?
I am hoping the vet who comes can tell me one way or the other, but I feel that i am doing the right thing.
No pictures, Daughter still has my camera, but maybe I will use my phone, I dunno <mimi shrug>
Oh, RACE - sending you comforting thoughts. My heart goes out to you!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

OMG: THe most hilarious tampon commercial ever! You don't need sound!

http://urlybits.com/2013/06/russian-tampon-co...

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
((((((((((hug))))))))))

OMG I'm crying. I am so sorry about your kitty. I hope the vet gives you some insight so you can make a decision that doesn't leave you feeling bad. Even with everything I know, and all of the research, and all 15 doctors, I still second guess taking Chris off of life support. I don't think the "did I do the right thing" question ever goes away, but I hope it can console you a little bit that if you do decide to go ahead and do it, that she won't be suffering, and she didn't have to make the trip to the vet and was surrounded by love.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

And Race, if this is just a short burst of adrenaline that dying people and animals often experience shortly before death, don't beat yourself up for canceling that appointment if you find her curled up and gone.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OMG: THe most hilarious tampon commercial ever! You don't need sound!
http://urlybits.com/2013/06/russian-tampon-co...
My eyes are streaming. That is truly hilarious.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little guy!
Are both of your dogs litter mates?
no. They're 2 yrs apart

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

I would honestly love to find her curled up and gone.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And Race, if this is just a short burst of adrenaline that dying people and animals often experience shortly before death, don't beat yourself up for canceling that appointment if you find her curled up and gone.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

So last night when we got home from swim class, about 6:45, it was one degree cooler in our apartment than it was outside, and it was 91 outside, so I decided that I was going to the beach. The girls came with (Dickie hates sand so he stayed home; I don't know how...) and we arrived just as the life guards were packing it in for the day. They tried to keep people out of the water, but there were so many of us, they gave up.

And I have to say that the beach is WAY more fun without the lifeguards. We swam in areas not enclosed by the four bouys and children were carried on shoulders and tossed into the water. Even Nunu commented on how nice it was not to have the constant "toot-toot" of their whistles. We stayed until it was almost dark and the damn flies started biting. As we walked slowly home, we were surrounded by hundreds of dragonflies (I was hoping they were eating lots of biting flies), it was really amazing. Lulu said I should take a picture, but I told her that we wouldn't be able to capture the amazing-ness of it in a photo; this was one of those experiences that we were going to have to use the camera in our minds to capture.

We found Dickie sitting on a picnic table as we got close to home, so we sat with him and watched the dragonflies some more. It was a lovely evening.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
i'm all talked out. How bout pictures of her in the dress?
I'd rather see pictures of her OUT of the dress....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
I would honestly love to find her curled up and gone.
<quoted text>
same here. Haven't been lucky enough yet to lose a pet that way. Not lucky, but... it'd beat the alternative.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Squishy, if it's a free beach, I think I'd be inclined to ignore annoying lifeguards squashing everyone's fun!

I swear, society acts as if no one should get hurt doing anything ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,301 - 87,320 of96,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

94 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Incognito4Ever 1,033,554
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Brian_G 42,970
Amy 4-18 19 min Mister Tonka 15
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,528
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 23 min boundary painter 4,029
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 26 min boundary painter 228
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 45 min KiMare 47,048
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]