Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I much prefer a lengthy discussion on this little black dress and potential accessories over arguing over Zimmerman!
What would Trayvon wear?...lol...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I much prefer a lengthy discussion on this little black dress and potential accessories over arguing over Zimmerman!
i'm all talked out. How bout pictures of her in the dress?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
Nice dog. I don't ever want to see you saying you're not racist ever again.
And IMO Curious George seems more apt for Dubya.
Guess we traded one monkey for another.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, I dont feel like arguing either. Just made an appointment to have animal hospice come and put my kitty down tomorrow around noon.
I am a wreck.
Sorry man. It's nice that they'll come to you; gonna sit under the mango tree?

:(

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, I dont feel like arguing either. Just made an appointment to have animal hospice come and put my kitty down tomorrow around noon.
I am a wreck.
They make house calls? At least the last thing teh car will remember is being in the place she knew and with people and animals she loved.

That's a mantra I could wish for people, too. You will have accomplished it.

Alia was the cat I got after I was divorced. She was with me through many emotional upheavals, good and bad. I held her when the vet gave her the injections. The last sound she made was a purr when I stroked her head. It was the best I could do for my girl.

Take the baton, friend, its your turn.

Take a picture tonight and post it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Yeah, animal hospice comes to your home and does the deed. Wont be under the mango tree, she loves sleeping on the guest bed, and that is where we will say goodbye.

It costs, but for all she has given me, the least I can do is spend the coin and spare her the trauma of the trip to the vet, and her last scents being of anticeptic and stainless steel. She will be in her home, surrounded by familiar scents and sounds....

I am so conflicted. She is eating like a horse, but not gaining an ounce. Today though, she was sneezing, and it was bloody. She ate well, but then just looked at me and meowed, like she is saying "It's time". She just came out and ate again (I am baking chicken, so I am sure she smells it) and then went back to bed.

What if she's not ready to go, and I shorten her life? What if she is, and I am prolonging it and causing her pain?

I am hoping the vet who comes can tell me one way or the other, but I feel that i am doing the right thing.

Cats are just so damn unreadable.

No pictures, Daughter still has my camera, but maybe I will use my phone, I dunno <mimi shrug>

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, animal hospice comes to your home and does the deed. Wont be under the mango tree, she loves sleeping on the guest bed, and that is where we will say goodbye.
It costs, but for all she has given me, the least I can do is spend the coin and spare her the trauma of the trip to the vet, and her last scents being of anticeptic and stainless steel. She will be in her home, surrounded by familiar scents and sounds....
I am so conflicted. She is eating like a horse, but not gaining an ounce. Today though, she was sneezing, and it was bloody. She ate well, but then just looked at me and meowed, like she is saying "It's time". She just came out and ate again (I am baking chicken, so I am sure she smells it) and then went back to bed.
What if she's not ready to go, and I shorten her life? What if she is, and I am prolonging it and causing her pain?
I am hoping the vet who comes can tell me one way or the other, but I feel that i am doing the right thing.
No pictures, Daughter still has my camera, but maybe I will use my phone, I dunno <mimi shrug>
Sorry bout your cat. I know that shitty feeling as I thought we were close with my dog a few weeks ago.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Thanks, glad your dog is better. Are his spasms under control (seizures)?

I just wish I knew for certain what what right.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry bout your cat. I know that shitty feeling as I thought we were close with my dog a few weeks ago.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
Thanks, glad your dog is better. Are his spasms under control (seizures)?
I just wish I knew for certain what what right.
<quoted text>
Yeah. I took him to the vet the day afer the the barrage started. They put him on meds and he had 3 more. Took him back. They shot him full of it and upped the at home dosage and he has not had any since. Knock wood.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> i'm all talked out. How bout pictures of her in the dress?
I'm not into chicks and even I would vote for that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. I took him to the vet the day afer the the barrage started. They put him on meds and he had 3 more. Took him back. They shot him full of it and upped the at home dosage and he has not had any since. Knock wood.
Poor little guy!

Are both of your dogs litter mates?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
You never struck me as someone who would have an adrenaline rush just for a fancy schmancy restaurant. What's the occasion?
It's my boyfriend's friend's birthday party and there will be around 50 people, 99% of whom I haven't met yet.:)

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Tonka & Race, sorry to hear about your critters. I guess I missed Tonka's story the first time around.

Both of my dogs are starting to show their ages, especially the little one. She *hates* going for walks and is so slow anymore, but still gets excited for treats and loves to snuggle, so... as long as she's more happy and comfortable than not, I won't do anything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Tonka & Race, sorry to hear about your critters. I guess I missed Tonka's story the first time around.
Both of my dogs are starting to show their ages, especially the little one. She *hates* going for walks and is so slow anymore, but still gets excited for treats and loves to snuggle, so... as long as she's more happy and comfortable than not, I won't do anything.
Why does she hate going for walks? When she was younger, did she love them? Or she was ambivalent?

I completely agree with your attitude: so long as they're more happy than unhappy, I'll keep mine alive and with me.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
Internet hugs, Race. I'm really sorry.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Well, I had steeled myself to putting her down. Gave her an entire can of cat food (and she ate it all), then went back to her napping spot. I checked on her a couple of times, all was normal.

Then she cam out in the living room and when I went to pet her, she ran into the bedroom and under the bed! I was like WTF? She will not come out, so I called and cancelled for today. Told them I know I will need them soon, but apparently she does not want to go today.

Relieved and sad. But when she is active, she is totally normal active, its not like she is walking around in pain (that I can tell), but I know I am running out of time quickly.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
It's hips are probably bothering it. Quit walking the poor thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Well, I had steeled myself to putting her down. Gave her an entire can of cat food (and she ate it all), then went back to her napping spot. I checked on her a couple of times, all was normal.
Then she cam out in the living room and when I went to pet her, she ran into the bedroom and under the bed! I was like WTF? She will not come out, so I called and cancelled for today. Told them I know I will need them soon, but apparently she does not want to go today.
Relieved and sad. But when she is active, she is totally normal active, its not like she is walking around in pain (that I can tell), but I know I am running out of time quickly.
Good luck! Maybe this is her way of saying "I'm almost ready to go but I want a few more days of life left for some fun first!"

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does she hate going for walks? When she was younger, did she love them? Or she was ambivalent?
I completely agree with your attitude: so long as they're more happy than unhappy, I'll keep mine alive and with me.
She loved them when she was young, and then was neutral about them during middle age.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago