#88545 Jul 19, 2013
Mimi-
how did your prof like the limericks?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88546 Jul 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
You have to PAY to go to the beach? Never heard of such a thing. Seriously. Really? Wow. I am definitely staying on the west coast where we get our (real...ocean) beaches free!
In my suburb you do. They have a free day one day a week and if you get on the beach before the lifeguards show up, you're in like flynn. However, all of Chicago's beaches are free.

I honestly don't mind paying; I buy the discounted beach passes in the spring for all four of us (which means I usually have an extra for a guest since, as I've said, Dickie hates the sand) so it's no big deal.

And IMO, it keeps the riff-raff out.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88547 Jul 19, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
How else can the sludge be removed? Someone has to pay for it.:)
Hey now!

Actually, the beaches here haven't been closed that often this summer and when our's does close, I'm pretty sure it's because of seagull poop. There's a large flock that calls our beach home.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88548 Jul 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
You have to PAY to go to the beach? Never heard of such a thing. Seriously. Really? Wow. I am definitely staying on the west coast where we get our (real...ocean) beaches free!
There is a great snorkeling beach, here in Boca Raton, Florida, called Red Reef...back in College, we used to just park in the grass and follow the trail, down to a rock outcropping into the surf, it had bright red and yellow coral imbedded in it...outrageous fish and marine life...almost caught a baby octopus there....barracuda used to patrol off in the depths....Over the years, i used to bring friends and family from Chicago and Michigan, especially those that hardly ever traveled.....They still are in outer space, over that.....But, the City figured out there were profits to be had, so they built it up and non-residents pay $6 to park there on weekends......probably worth it tho, eh?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88549 Jul 19, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather see pictures of her OUT of the dress....
One thing at a time. You're likethe young bull Robert deniro was talking about in Colors

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88550 Jul 19, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey now!
Actually, the beaches here haven't been closed that often this summer and when our's does close, I'm pretty sure it's because of seagull poop. There's a large flock that calls our beach home.
I had a wink at the end of it.

People are slobs though. I bet some leave garbage.

I can remember going to the Indiana beaches and having to pay for parking, at the public facility.

When I was little, the Indiana beaches were awful. They've really cleaned them up though. I haven't been there in a few years, however.

Hey, it's good that little boy is going to be okay that got swallowed up by the sand sink hole.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88551 Jul 19, 2013
Well, went to fire up the boat and...Nothing. Battery was DOA. And the water in the bilge was up to the top of the battery. All that rain must have pushed the bilge pump to the limit. Charging now (after running the bilge) Hope will get enough juice in her to run.

And the cat is wandering around like nothing ever happened.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88552 Jul 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>One thing at a time. You're likethe young bull Robert deniro was talking about in Colors
Whoops. I meant Robert Duvall

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88553 Jul 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
It's Chicago, what do you expect? It costs 14 dollars an hour just to park your car, for godsake.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88555 Jul 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Mimi-
how did your prof like the limericks?
Oh she loved them. Told me I was brilliant. I thought about letting it ride, but I felt guilty and gave you credit. She now thinks you're brilliant. Sorry, I meant to tell you that this morning.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#88556 Jul 19, 2013
Out here, (WA, OR, and CA) the beaches (except private ones like some of the ones in Malibu...not all of them though) are state parks. There is no fee to use them. Some of them where you can camp charge a fee though like you would pay in any state or national park camping area. Wow, paying for the beach is just a revelation to me...it's anathema. Seriously this is blowing my mind.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88557 Jul 20, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88558 Jul 20, 2013
Thanks Dog

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88559 Jul 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Thanks Dog
Welcome, baby. I'm doin cocktails. How bout a rum and coke?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88560 Jul 20, 2013
Friends flew to Chicago for Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field last night. 7 songs in, the rain came down. 3 hour rain delay. Once cleared, the band came back and played another 25 songs till 2am and had to stop for the curfew.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#88561 Jul 20, 2013
well, my brother flew in yesterday, and today he & my parents drove down to Dayton to look at houses... i got a message taht he put in an offer so they're coming back tonight (instead of looking around a little tomorrow as well).

we're all hoping htat it has eihter a guest room or a corner in a finished basement to put a guest bed.

not the weekend my parents were planning as of 7 am yesterday...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88562 Jul 20, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
well, my brother flew in yesterday, and today he & my parents drove down to Dayton to look at houses... i got a message taht he put in an offer so they're coming back tonight (instead of looking around a little tomorrow as well).
we're all hoping htat it has eihter a guest room or a corner in a finished basement to put a guest bed.
not the weekend my parents were planning as of 7 am yesterday...
That was fast. Any idea when they are actually moving back?

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#88563 Jul 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>That was fast. Any idea when they are actually moving back?
yes and no... he's still saying by the end of the year. he's closing down a branch, so i guess there's still some "flexibility" in the timing.

sunday family dinner could actually be interesting this time around...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#88564 Jul 21, 2013
Passed my 3-day, 12-hour written qualifying exams. I am now officially a doctoral candidate!
Now for the hardp art: dissertation proposal. Eeeek.

Hope all is well with you regs. ;)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88565 Jul 21, 2013
Hey PEllen, how is your RUSH indoctrination coming?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Frank 182,208
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min Frijoles 71,292
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Yeah 1,156,436
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,872
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,925
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dont drink the ko... 49,375
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:58 am PST

NBC Sports11:58AM