#88486 Jul 18, 2013
JMW -- the new thing is to mix metals. Just sayin'

But I'm old so what do I know.:D

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88487 Jul 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So I'm going to a party at a pretty fancypants restaurant in a couple of weeks and I've ordered this dress:
http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product....
Ladies:
The model in the picture has on flats but I think I should wear heels. Thoughts?
The zipper is gold. Can I still wear silver jewelry?
Yes.

It looks very nice. Do you have a pashima, mantilla or something similar in case the air conditioning is set cool?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88488 Jul 18, 2013
The description says the zipper is exposed. I would wear heels. The model is listed as being 5'10. If she were in heels for the picture the proportions would not be right.

Have you bought BR before? From their website? Is it accurate?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88489 Jul 18, 2013
squishy, that site had one of y mom friends laughing out loud at work!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88490 Jul 18, 2013
All of a sudden I have a BR ad next to Topix. Its, its magic!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88491 Jul 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'd wear silver jewelry b/c I don't wear yellow of any kind in anything, ever, but isn't the zipper in back? I would think that means it doesn't matter?
Yes, the zipper is exposed but in the back. So if I wore silver jewelry, the jewelry and the zipper wouldn't be visible to the same person at the same time - ha!

I have much more silver than gold, and I want to wear my diamonds, which are set in silver (might be white gold, I don't remember... the point is, they're silver-colored).

Miami, FL

#88492 Jul 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
All of a sudden I have a BR ad next to Topix. Its, its magic!
Big Brother is watching. I'm kind of kidding, but kind of not....

Miami, FL

#88493 Jul 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
It looks very nice. Do you have a pashima, mantilla or something similar in case the air conditioning is set cool?
I have a black pashmina, a black & white patterned scarf, and a purple scarf. The scarves are both those gauzy ones, know what I mean? It's summer in Florida though; I'll look ridiculous if I bring a wrap or anything. I'll have my adrenaline to keep me warm. ;)

Miami, FL

#88494 Jul 18, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Heels would be cute; some kind of strappy sandal perhaps...
I couldn't tell from the photo, but I'm guessing the zipper is exposed. I'm kinda weird about the silver and gold thing, so I'd probably feel more comfortable with my jewelry matching the zipper.
I have three pairs of black strappy heels (one with gold buckles, one with silver buckles, one with no buckles - the last pair are probably too casual). I'm planning on bringing them to work for an in-person vote.

I so wish the zipper was black/hidden on the dress. Oh well.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88495 Jul 18, 2013
...Ummmm,
Actually if you were standing in front of a mirror, or even a window...
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the zipper is exposed but in the back. So if I wore silver jewelry, the jewelry and the zipper wouldn't be visible to the same person at the same time - ha!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88496 Jul 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I have three pairs of black strappy heels (one with gold buckles, one with silver buckles, one with no buckles - the last pair are probably too casual). I'm planning on bringing them to work for an in-person vote.
I so wish the zipper was black/hidden on the dress. Oh well.
I would wear the silver jewelry, the silver buckled strappy heels, silver earrings and necklace and then a nod to the zipper, I'd find bangles that had 2 silver and 1 gold together.

If you lived closer I'd loan you some.:)

Miami, FL

#88497 Jul 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
...Ummmm,
Actually if you were standing in front of a mirror, or even a window...
<quoted text>
Dammit!

Miami, FL

#88498 Jul 18, 2013
And yes, I'm worrying about an outfit that I'm going to wear two weeks and one day from today. That's just how I roll.

Location hidden

#88499 Jul 18, 2013
A great response to a bathroom related post from passiveaggressivenotes.com :

A few years back, I walked into the bathroom immediately after coworker “B” left… and found a pee-splattered toilet seat. I quietly approached him afterward, and (at the time, mostly as a joke) told him that if he ever did it again, I’d call him out on it. He apologized, and I thought that was the end of it.
Until a few weeks later, that is… when the exact same thing happened. So I asked him, initially in a quiet voice,“B? Remember what I said the last time about calling you out if you didn’t STOP PEEING ON THE TOILET SEAT?” He looked mortified, and the coworkers in the area laughed.
Epic bonus points to another coworker: I didn’t find out about this until later, but after I walked away he started telling the coworker next to him (one of his best friends) that I’d hurt his feelings and he thought it was unfair that a supervisor would treat him that way. She told him “Well, maybe you should do something about it.”
“Like what, complain to management?”
“No, I think you should STOP PEEING ON THE TOILET SEAT.”

Location hidden

#88500 Jul 18, 2013
I much prefer a lengthy discussion on this little black dress and potential accessories over arguing over Zimmerman!

Miami, FL

#88501 Jul 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I much prefer a lengthy discussion on this little black dress and potential accessories over arguing over Zimmerman!
So do I! Glad to be of service.

Location hidden

#88502 Jul 18, 2013
You saw it here first: Toilet paper tube art (very cool stuff):

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/amazing-toilet-p...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88503 Jul 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Agree!

I had fun last night order stuff from the Spiegel Outlet. I got myself a few things and my sisters a couple of things. Sweaters were $9. They had a $165 dress for $14. Now, it wasn't my size and of course it was soooooooo cute. But who wears a size 2? I wish I did. I don't. But my sister does! I grabbed that for her.:)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#88504 Jul 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
. I'll have my adrenaline to keep me warm. ;)
You never struck me as someone who would have an adrenaline rush just for a fancy schmancy restaurant. What's the occasion?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88505 Jul 18, 2013
Yeah, I dont feel like arguing either. Just made an appointment to have animal hospice come and put my kitty down tomorrow around noon.

I am a wreck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min DBWriter 1,128,969
Abby 10-30 24 min PEllen 6
Amy 10-30 26 min Sublime1 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min Always Smile 4,813
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Chicagoan by Birth 179,640
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Poof1 50,750
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,829
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]