“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88504 Jul 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
. I'll have my adrenaline to keep me warm. ;)
You never struck me as someone who would have an adrenaline rush just for a fancy schmancy restaurant. What's the occasion?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88505 Jul 18, 2013
Yeah, I dont feel like arguing either. Just made an appointment to have animal hospice come and put my kitty down tomorrow around noon.

I am a wreck.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88506 Jul 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I much prefer a lengthy discussion on this little black dress and potential accessories over arguing over Zimmerman!
What would Trayvon wear?...lol...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#88507 Jul 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I much prefer a lengthy discussion on this little black dress and potential accessories over arguing over Zimmerman!
i'm all talked out. How bout pictures of her in the dress?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#88508 Jul 18, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Nice dog. I don't ever want to see you saying you're not racist ever again.
And IMO Curious George seems more apt for Dubya.
Guess we traded one monkey for another.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#88509 Jul 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
Yeah, I dont feel like arguing either. Just made an appointment to have animal hospice come and put my kitty down tomorrow around noon.
I am a wreck.
Sorry man. It's nice that they'll come to you; gonna sit under the mango tree?

:(

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88510 Jul 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
I am a wreck.
They make house calls? At least the last thing teh car will remember is being in the place she knew and with people and animals she loved.

That's a mantra I could wish for people, too. You will have accomplished it.

Alia was the cat I got after I was divorced. She was with me through many emotional upheavals, good and bad. I held her when the vet gave her the injections. The last sound she made was a purr when I stroked her head. It was the best I could do for my girl.

Take the baton, friend, its your turn.

Take a picture tonight and post it.

Neda, stay with me!

#88511 Jul 18, 2013
Yeah, animal hospice comes to your home and does the deed. Wont be under the mango tree, she loves sleeping on the guest bed, and that is where we will say goodbye.

It costs, but for all she has given me, the least I can do is spend the coin and spare her the trauma of the trip to the vet, and her last scents being of anticeptic and stainless steel. She will be in her home, surrounded by familiar scents and sounds....

I am so conflicted. She is eating like a horse, but not gaining an ounce. Today though, she was sneezing, and it was bloody. She ate well, but then just looked at me and meowed, like she is saying "It's time". She just came out and ate again (I am baking chicken, so I am sure she smells it) and then went back to bed.

What if she's not ready to go, and I shorten her life? What if she is, and I am prolonging it and causing her pain?

I am hoping the vet who comes can tell me one way or the other, but I feel that i am doing the right thing.

Cats are just so damn unreadable.

No pictures, Daughter still has my camera, but maybe I will use my phone, I dunno <mimi shrug>

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88512 Jul 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
Yeah, animal hospice comes to your home and does the deed. Wont be under the mango tree, she loves sleeping on the guest bed, and that is where we will say goodbye.
It costs, but for all she has given me, the least I can do is spend the coin and spare her the trauma of the trip to the vet, and her last scents being of anticeptic and stainless steel. She will be in her home, surrounded by familiar scents and sounds....
I am so conflicted. She is eating like a horse, but not gaining an ounce. Today though, she was sneezing, and it was bloody. She ate well, but then just looked at me and meowed, like she is saying "It's time". She just came out and ate again (I am baking chicken, so I am sure she smells it) and then went back to bed.
What if she's not ready to go, and I shorten her life? What if she is, and I am prolonging it and causing her pain?
I am hoping the vet who comes can tell me one way or the other, but I feel that i am doing the right thing.
No pictures, Daughter still has my camera, but maybe I will use my phone, I dunno <mimi shrug>
Sorry bout your cat. I know that shitty feeling as I thought we were close with my dog a few weeks ago.

Neda, stay with me!

#88513 Jul 18, 2013
Thanks, glad your dog is better. Are his spasms under control (seizures)?

I just wish I knew for certain what what right.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry bout your cat. I know that shitty feeling as I thought we were close with my dog a few weeks ago.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#88514 Jul 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
Thanks, glad your dog is better. Are his spasms under control (seizures)?
I just wish I knew for certain what what right.
<quoted text>
Yeah. I took him to the vet the day afer the the barrage started. They put him on meds and he had 3 more. Took him back. They shot him full of it and upped the at home dosage and he has not had any since. Knock wood.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88515 Jul 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> i'm all talked out. How bout pictures of her in the dress?
I'm not into chicks and even I would vote for that.

Location hidden

#88517 Jul 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. I took him to the vet the day afer the the barrage started. They put him on meds and he had 3 more. Took him back. They shot him full of it and upped the at home dosage and he has not had any since. Knock wood.
Poor little guy!

Are both of your dogs litter mates?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88518 Jul 19, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88519 Jul 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
You never struck me as someone who would have an adrenaline rush just for a fancy schmancy restaurant. What's the occasion?
It's my boyfriend's friend's birthday party and there will be around 50 people, 99% of whom I haven't met yet.:)

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88520 Jul 19, 2013
Tonka & Race, sorry to hear about your critters. I guess I missed Tonka's story the first time around.

Both of my dogs are starting to show their ages, especially the little one. She *hates* going for walks and is so slow anymore, but still gets excited for treats and loves to snuggle, so... as long as she's more happy and comfortable than not, I won't do anything.

Location hidden

#88521 Jul 19, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Tonka & Race, sorry to hear about your critters. I guess I missed Tonka's story the first time around.
Both of my dogs are starting to show their ages, especially the little one. She *hates* going for walks and is so slow anymore, but still gets excited for treats and loves to snuggle, so... as long as she's more happy and comfortable than not, I won't do anything.
Why does she hate going for walks? When she was younger, did she love them? Or she was ambivalent?

I completely agree with your attitude: so long as they're more happy than unhappy, I'll keep mine alive and with me.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88522 Jul 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
Internet hugs, Race. I'm really sorry.

Neda, stay with me!

#88523 Jul 19, 2013
Well, I had steeled myself to putting her down. Gave her an entire can of cat food (and she ate it all), then went back to her napping spot. I checked on her a couple of times, all was normal.

Then she cam out in the living room and when I went to pet her, she ran into the bedroom and under the bed! I was like WTF? She will not come out, so I called and cancelled for today. Told them I know I will need them soon, but apparently she does not want to go today.

Relieved and sad. But when she is active, she is totally normal active, its not like she is walking around in pain (that I can tell), but I know I am running out of time quickly.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#88524 Jul 19, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
It's hips are probably bothering it. Quit walking the poor thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min RealDave 1,155,558
Dear Abby 12-25 14 min PEllen 1
amy 12-25 16 min PEllen 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Homo Erectus 49,309
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 71,190
Incredible Shots Of Chicago From The Internatio... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Learn to Read 182,038
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:40 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:40PM