Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#88464 Jul 18, 2013
I think it's funny that as heated as this "debate" has gotten, it still hasn't come close to the four-way stop debacle.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88465 Jul 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I think it's funny that as heated as this "debate" has gotten, it still hasn't come close to the four-way stop debacle.
We have priorities!

;)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#88466 Jul 18, 2013
The stand your ground law was never part of the defense of Z. You do know this right? The whole defense was that Z was defending his life against someone who was trying to end it. Plain self defense, and the jury agreed.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is that the stnad your ground law is based on the subjective view that the person feels in danger of their life. That is why whether or not Trayvon was being chased or Zimmerman was being chased is part of the story. It's not about whether that was against the law.
If someone does follow you around, and Trayvon lived through it, he could have filed a restraining order against him. He didn't get the chance, though.

Neda, stay with me!

#88467 Jul 18, 2013
Well, it was in Z's testimony, and if you want to call him a liar you are allowed to, but since you cant prove otherwise it makes you look like a lunatic to say it.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How do you know Trayvon was in the bushes and jumped Zimmerman? I'm interested to know how that became fact.

Neda, stay with me!

#88468 Jul 18, 2013
Ha! I'm just glad it has not devolved into an ugly snipe fest.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88469 Jul 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
Well, it was in Z's testimony, and if you want to call him a liar you are allowed to, but since you cant prove otherwise it makes you look like a lunatic to say it.
<quoted text>
Why? Because you say so? Hmmm, the guy is on trial for murder and whatever he says should not be questioned? Who would be called the lunatic?
Timmy

United States

#88470 Jul 18, 2013
Exactly what testimony? Zimmerman NEVER took the stand to testify.
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#88471 Jul 18, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because you say so? Hmmm, the guy is on trial for murder and whatever he says should not be questioned? Who would be called the lunatic?
Actually, Zimmerman never took the stand.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88472 Jul 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman never testified. The public has not heard his version, under oath sworn in open court on penalty of perjury.

When all else is said and done, Zimmerman is just as mute as Martin.

Neda, stay with me!

#88473 Jul 18, 2013
Your not making any sense, sure you can question it, but if he says the same thing what are you going to do? And since his story did remain the same thru multiple recorded interviews with the police, his story was supported as the probable course of events by the police.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#88474 Jul 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
Your not making any sense, sure you can question it, but if he says the same thing what are you going to do? And since his story did remain the same thru multiple recorded interviews with the police, his story was supported as the probable course of events by the police.
<quoted text>
Pfft. The cops dropped so many balls here. Like not confiscating his gun that night.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88475 Jul 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman never testified. The public has not heard his version, under oath sworn in open court on penalty of perjury.
When all else is said and done, Zimmerman is just as mute as Martin.
Yeah they did, just not by testifying...Had the 2-3 police interviews, even had a interview on Hannity, along with O'Mara....it was a brilliant move, by the defense.....George told his version, without testifying at all.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#88476 Jul 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah they did, just not by testifying...Had the 2-3 police interviews, even had a interview on Hannity, along with O'Mara....it was a brilliant move, by the defense.....George told his version, without testifying at all.....
Sorry, in my book there is a significant difference between Hannity and O'Mara interviews and sitting on the stand next to a person in a black robe who has the power to order you to do something and put you in jail for contempt of court if you don't and knowing that what you say will be tested shortly in cross examination.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#88477 Jul 18, 2013
OMG...my coworker K that I was supposed to go to India with made vada and brought me some. My mouth is on delicious, delicious fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vada_ (food)

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#88478 Jul 18, 2013
So I'm going to a party at a pretty fancypants restaurant in a couple of weeks and I've ordered this dress:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product....

Ladies:

The model in the picture has on flats but I think I should wear heels. Thoughts?

The zipper is gold. Can I still wear silver jewelry?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#88479 Jul 18, 2013

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#88480 Jul 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So I'm going to a party at a pretty fancypants restaurant in a couple of weeks and I've ordered this dress:
Ladies:
The model in the picture has on flats but I think I should wear heels. Thoughts?
Heels would be cute; some kind of strappy sandal perhaps...

I couldn't tell from the photo, but I'm guessing the zipper is exposed. I'm kinda weird about the silver and gold thing, so I'd probably feel more comfortable with my jewelry matching the zipper.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#88481 Jul 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Ladies:
Yes, you can still wear silver jewelry. Pretty! Definitely heels. On the jewelry, I'd mix both silver and gold just to be fun.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#88482 Jul 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Ladies:
I'd wear heels. It's too nice of a dress for flats. And gold jewelry.

Location hidden

#88483 Jul 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Ladies:
What a perfect purchase. Is the zipper that visible that it would matter?

And for the guys here, pics or it didn't happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 71,272
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min wojar 182,181
last post wins! (Apr '13) 41 min L Morales 411
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 56 min Mandela 68,913
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,363
Holiday Greetings 2 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 2 hr Negras all 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr Yeah 1,156,210
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?